Timeslip - Cover

Timeslip

Copyright© 2008 by Anthony Concept

Chapter 9

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 9 - The story is set in post war Australia, Jimmy our protagonist comes to after a blow to the head, he struggles and beats his assailant only to be attacked by another. He suffers amnesia but has gained a few "gifts' which he will use in the future. This not a sci-fi or a stroke story but one I think you will enjoy.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual  

Ron called by and asked me if I would like to come out for a drive and get some fresh air, I jumped at the chance, I was starting to feel hemmed in.

Once we were under way I mentioned the bet and the way that the name 'Rimfire' seemed to jump out at me, maybe it was my imagination but I felt confident in making the bet.

"The way things have been shaping up Jimmy, I think there's more than an even chance that you could be right, hmmm Rimfire you say, OK lets see what the local bookie's odds are. I haven't decided on a horse yet and I usually bet a hundred quid in the cup, it's my only gamble for the year so let's give it a whirl."

At the bookie's Rimfire was paying 80/1, when Ron put his hundred pounds on Rimfire, the bookmaker gave a bit of a smirk, {money in the bag} I heard him think, maybe, maybe not.

When we got underway again I told Ron about the study being locked up and that I had found a spare set of keys in Dad's workshop, I was just waiting for the right moment to investigate.

"You take care Jimmy, we know what he is capable of, if you do get in make sure that you don't disturb anything and leave it as you found it."

"Don't worry Ron I don't want to antagonise him, but I would like to see why he keeps the place locked up."

Monday was another no go day, Jessica religiously did her washing on Mondays and nothing cut across this ritual.

Tuesday Melbourne Cup Day 1948, the day the nation stopped work for a horse race, this was greater than religion, the Aussie was a gambler and this Tuesday was the king of races.

The race was run and Rimfire with apprentice jockey Ray Neville in the saddle pipped Dark Marne ridden by experienced jockey Jack Thompson at the post. Thompson argued the camera was placed at an angle that favoured Rimfire but the stewards discounted his appeal and Rimfire was the winner of the 1948 Melbourne Cup. Ray Neville had only been riding for three months and took every one by surprise, including our local bookie and a very sour John De Vent. I had good sense not to rub his nose in it but it very satisfying to collect my winnings, I gave Jenny two pounds for being a good sport and holding the money, she was happy as Larry and was already working out what to spend it on.

Ron collected from a very subdued bookie, one hundred pounds at 80 to 1 that's a lot of money. Ron insisted that half was mine as it was on my intuition he placed the bet. I asked him to invest it for me.

Thursday I had the opportunity I was looking for, Jess was going into town to do the weekly shopping, Jess has a iron bound schedule, Roast dinner on Sunday, washing on Monday with cold cuts from Sunday, Tuesday vacuuming the floors and dusting the house, Wednesday etc, etc Thursday was grocery shopping day and nothing short of an earthquake would change it.

I slipped into the workshop and took the spare keys out of their nook; going back into the house I made sure that nothing had upset Jess's ritual, all clear. The keys opened the study door and I stepped into the room, the first thing I did was to take a long look around me. In the back of my mind a voice was saying

"Sherlock Holmes would look around him noting not only the obvious but the minor things, like that burn mark on the rug by the easy chair, or the way the waste bin was carelessly jammed under the desk.

I took my time not only looking but absorbing the karma I felt, this was where Dad died, in that chair. I made a solemn promise that De Vent would pay for his death.

There was a large safe built into the wall next to the fireplace, it looked like a stick of dynamite wouldn't shift it. It was a beautiful looking thing, a deep blue enamel finish with a Golden eagle crest emblazoned on the door, the handle was a fist clutching a scroll and the keyhole had an intricately engraved bell for a cover.

The desk was my first port of call, it was a huge roll top affair, the top was open but when I tried the drawers I found them to be locked, out with my trusty 'spare keys' and they were opened. There was a lot of invoice and check stubs pertaining to the store, nothing of interest at this moment. I continued to prowl around the room.

I noticed a smudge just behind the back of the desk, as if someone had continually put their hand behind it. On closer inspection I found a hook with two keys on a ring, one was the same as my desk spare and the other was the safe key, when I compared it with my 'spare key' it was the same.

I opened the safe, being careful to note how every thing looked before I disturbed it.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.