Sanctuary Book 2: Protectors of Earth - Cover

Sanctuary Book 2: Protectors of Earth

Copyright© 2008 by JohnyR

Chapter 5: Education

Buck followed the little silver man through a hallway that opened into what had to be the bridge of the ship. All around the perimeter of the room were different stations with screens and more buttons they you could shake a stick at. Buck noted there was only one chair in the room and it was towards the rear on a raised platform.

"Welcome to the bridge folks" said Benny as he waved his little arm around the room.

"This is very impressive Benny, you fly this ship by yourself?" Asked buck.

"In an emergency I can, like coming here from the Balask, but for it's best efforts to be used it need as manned crew. Benny answered.

The others walked around the room looking at the different stations, making sure they did not touch a damn thing.

Buck will you take your seat please. Asked Benny pointing at the only8 chair in the room.

"I thought that was your place Benny, since it's the only one in here. Replied Buck.

"It is the captain's chair Buck, I am not the captain you are. Answered Benny

'Now hold on a second there Benny, I don't know a damn thing about being a captain on a spaceship or any kind of other ship for that matter!" Said buck.

Benny smiled. "You are the leader of the group are you not?" He asked.

Buck nodded yes.

"You decided what is best for them and how to achieve your missions do you not?"

Again Buck nodded, seeing where Benny was heading.

Benny pointed again at the chair. "Then please take your command seat Captain, we have much to discuss and learn before we can take off."

Buck knew he had lost the argument before it even started. He walked over and sat down in the chair. Feeling the move around his back and sides, even the armrest seemed to move slightly. Damn this crazy chair is alive! He thought.

Do not be concerned Captain Buck, it is simply adjusting to fit your unique physical form. It will not harm you in any way. Said Sasha's voice inside his mind.

"Benny what about the rest of us, are we suppose to be in the back somewhere when this contraption is flying?" Asked Tex.

"Oh course not partner, will the rest of you please let Sasha scan your minds for a minute" Benny asked.

Since Benny had already been inside their minds, the group wasn't too put off by his request. That's not to say they weren't curios why he asked this time though.

"I assume there is a valid reason for your request my friend, may we know what it is please? Asked Jet.

"No worries good buddy, I mean my friend. I will have Sasha scan your minds to see which stations would be the most appropriate for you to man according to your natural abilities. Benny answered.

"Well just so I don't end up as the janitor, I'm fine with it pard." Smiled Tex.

The rest agreed after that and moved to the center of the room.

"You may begin your scans now Sasha. Ordered Benny.

A soft light illuminated the group then spit into individual beams that moved over each person. It started at the top of

Their heads and slowly went down to their toes or pads in Razor and Shera's case. Then the light moved back up slowly and paused on each person's head again for a few minutes. "Scan complete, My love. Said Sasha's voice.

Benny started to nod as the scans finished, then his blue eyes almost popped out on the (my love) part from Sasha.

"What did you say Sasha? He asked.

"I said, scan complete Benny, is there a different protocol for completion I am not aware for this procedure? She asked.

The others were smiling too, they had heard the (my love) part also.

"Sasha, please review the last two minutes of conversation in this room, tell me what is different than your statement. Benny ordered.

"Reviewing, Oh My!" Sasha exclaimed.

If she had hands and a mouth they'd be covered right then.

"I am sorry Benny, I had no idea I had added that last part on there. I will do a diagnostic check immediately. She said.

"That can wait a minute Sasha, no harm was done. Do you have your personnel recommendations for the others ready? Asked Benny.

"Affirmative sweetie." Said Sasha.

Benny just rolled his blues eyes and sighed. He knew that somehow Sasha had been affected by Shera, the way he was affected by Tex. "Good, the please report your recommendations." He ordered.

"Accessing, friend Buck; confirm Captain.

Friend Tex: confirm Weapons Control

Friend Bear: confirm Engineering Control

Friend Jet: confirm Science Control

Friend Bill: confirm Navigation Control

Friend Razor: confirm Communications Control

Friend Shera: confirm Medical Control

Sweetie Pie Benny: confirm Number Two"

Everyone was speechless including the sweetie-pie little man.

"I don't know a damn thing about engineering, sure I can fix the Beast if it breaks down, but this sure as hell ain't the Beast!" Bear exclaimed.

"That is not a problem friend Bear, this was only the first step in your evaluation now all of you will be trained in your appropriate fields." Benny replied.

"Well sweetie-pie just show me where the triggers are and I'm go ta go." Tex grinned.

Buck had listened to the recommendations given by Sasha and saw the qualities in each of them for their assignments.

Of course Tex was a no brainer, Bear was also, even if he would not admit it, he loved nothing better than being up to his elbows in grease. Shera was the same no brainer, she was already a healer and an empath to boot. The others Buck would just have to take by Sasha's recommendation.

Benny led each person to his or her assigned station. Buck watched in amazement, as the floor in front of each station seemed to liquefy and rise up to form a chair for each person.

Once everyone was seated in their appropriate stations Benny informed them they would begin now with their individual training. "Please take the HUD unit on top of your station, place it on your head and relax." He said.

Tex took the black helmet in his hands; it looks like the kind we use on the Blackhawks. He thought as he slid it down over his head. "Welcome Friend Tex." He heard Sasha say inside the helmet, then he blacked out.

Buck watched, as the others put the helmets on, then seemed to fall asleep at their stations. "Are they ok Benny?" he asked the little man standing beside him.

Benny smile assuring him they were fine. "I'm afraid your training is not as simple as your friends." He said.

"Figured as much since the captain has to know everything about his ship." Buck said.

Benny was happy, he had been worried what Buck's reaction would be when he learned there was much more protocols and procedures that he would have to endure.

"Come with me Buck, the others will be fine." Benny said as he led his new captain off the bridge.

They walked to about mid-ship and stepped onto an elevator. "Sasha, Master Control Room please, Access code: Zantha Mega Sextim 521351353. Benny said.

"Confirmed, Access granted." Sasha replied as the elevator started to move down. It stopped for a second then; Buck felt the elevator move sideways for a few seconds and come to a halt.

Buck knew about elevators from both his history books and missions, but he had never been on a working one before. I wonder if they all go sideways as well as up and down? He thought.

The door slid open revealing a twenty feet by twenty feet almost bare room. In the center was a mainframe computer at least that's what Buck thought it was from his studies in school. It was about three feet by three feet square, and covered in some type of clear material to protect the surface.

"Hello friend Buck." Sasha's voice came directly from the huge computer. "Welcome to Master Control. It is good to finally meet you in person too. Benny my love." She added the honey dripping from her synthetic voice.

"Sasha please control yourself." Benny said

"Of course my dear." Was her reply.

"Thank you, now may we have the Master Training Table please." Benny requested.

"Affirmative."

Buck watched as the floor spit apart and a seven-foot table rose up out of a hidden compartment. It was a little over three feet wide with a half round clear dome covering it.

As he watched the domes slid down and back underneath one side of the table.

"Please lie down Buck so we can proceed." Benny said.

Buck felt a moment of trepidation, then shrugged his shoulders and lay down on the table.

"Steps please." Benny requested. A perimeter wall opened revealing a set of steps on small casters. Benny rolled it over to the bed beside Buck and stepped onto it. "Now Buck, before we begin I want to ask you a few questions if I may." Benny said.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.