Six Days on the Road - Cover

Six Days on the Road

Copyright© 2008 by cmsix

Chapter 33

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 33 - If you're a fat assed truck driver, on your way to death's door with clogged arteries and a gimp heart, how can you turn the Space Alien down when he offers you perfect health and a big new Dick? Title from the song by the same name, written by Carl Montgomery and Earl Green

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Mult  

The next morning it was early to rise and all that crap. Early to breakfast was the saving grace. Goondoe's people had cut the bacon fairly thick and I loved it. While I was chowing down I cursed myself for not trying a few of the tomato seeds Rose had sent along, but I really knew I'd never have been able to get many if I had. They were for next year just like the seed corn and seed potatoes.

We were headed back to the horses soon enough, but at my suggestion Goondoe had sent another dozen helpers. They came to get started learning by leading horses which had already had the basic beginning lessons. As soon as we had the new bunch started we caught a reload. It was more difficult since it was only Zakkon, Mendal, and I this time. Everyone else was leading something. We were making good progress though.

Mostly I was bored for the rest of the day. I hung around to help out in case I was needed, but I wasn't really. After a horse is well started leading it is pretty much just repetition until you're ready to break it to ride. Tomorrow I was going to catch the new lead stallion and get it started myself. It was the best horse I'd seen since I arrived by a good bit.

Time marched on, but at a slow pace. We knocked off early enough to get back to camp well before sunset. I happened by Goondoe and asked if he could send a dozen more with me tomorrow. He said he would, but wondered about needing so many horses.

"We might as well get them all leading if we can. It won't hurt them and it'll be easier to do it now while we have lots of help. It will also be better if all your people get at least some experience leading them around. Remember, sooner or later we want to have at least one for all of your people to ride," I said.

"You are right of course. Even though we can all walk fine it will be easier and faster once we can all ride," he said.

My mates fed me well again at suppertime, but they also hinted about some attention after we were in the furs. I wasn't too tired so I agreed we probably needed the practice. They were determined to make it worth my while and I was just a little lazy when it came time to get up the next morning. Thankfully the smell of bacon frying lured me out of the furs.

There was a damned crowd headed over to help this morning. We had a good bit of confusion at first putting the ones who hadn't had much or any leading practice before with the horses which had already had a couple of lessons. It was easier putting the ones who'd already had one day of horse wrangling with horses who'd had their own first day. Finally we got down to getting the snubbed horses paired with the most experienced men to get them going.

Zakkon, Mendal, and I started catching new recruits again. I'd trimmed off yet another snubbing tree late yesterday afternoon, so we caught thirteen this time, including the mature herd stallion I'd been avoiding on purpose. After we had the snubbing trees loaded we scattered to help the newbies as best we could.

Another day another dollar. We didn't take any more newbies this morning and it paid off by getting us started more quickly. Of course we had to hobble the horses we'd started with so we could get moving on the ones we snubbed yesterday. The stallion I was zeroing in on still looked a little defiant so I left him alone for another day of patience training and concentrated on helping train the trainers.

After the ones on the trees were learning their first lessons we loaded the snubbing trees again. I figured it would be the last time. There were still a lot of yearling's and two year olds in the pen, but they weren't old enough to mess with really and when we'd filled the trees again we ran them out of the pen. It didn't take much work since they'd been penned up without much to eat for days.

After lunch I introduced myself slowly to the stallion I had doing his second day of standing around. He was in a much better mood than he'd been this morning, but I wasn't about to get anything started this late in the day. After all, if he were more receptive after the extra few hours he'd be in an even better frame of mind tomorrow.

Goondoe came over to take a look about half an hour before we knocked off for the day and he was shocked. Of course he'd known there were a lot of us working on it, but I don't think he'd realized some of the horses had already graduated from this part and were ready to start pulling freight.

"It is many more horses than I'd thought," he said.

"Remember, none of them have been trained to carry a rider."

"I understand, but it isn't necessary for them to do work is it?" he asked.

"No, and in fact those lessons will be easier after they've dragged a travois a time or two. We can probably leave for our cave within three or four more days."

"Very well. Zakkon and Mendal have told me about your cave and I'm anxious to visit and see it. They also told me you had bison and aurochs captured nearby," he said.

"They are not exactly captured, or at least they don't know it. They were grazing in canyons near my cave and all I've done is block off the exit of our level. They could actually get out if they moved up near out cave and left from there. Of course we could probably turn them back if we were there when they tried it, but I've seen no sign they've ever roamed in that direction."

"Have you hunted any of them?"

"No. I might if we need more meat during the winter, but for now it is nearly as easy to ride up to the plateau, and there's no point in taking any which are so close and handy," I said.

"It is a good idea. As I said, I'm anxious to see your camp and cave."

"It won't be long now," I said, and we parted.

We worked hard with both horses and people for the next three days. We could have left after the second day, but I wanted more time for the people. The last day was spent breaking in the rest of the people for leading. Mendal and Zakkon took over the duty and I worked with Jingo, the name I'd given my new ride. He was mature, probably five or six years old, but he was surprisingly cooperative after we settled who was going to be boss, and he was also very agile on his feet and lightning fast.

He was also attentive to what was going on around him and it didn't take long to teach him to keep the rope tight after I roped something. He seemed to understand why though I didn't know how he figured it out. I could see he was going to be my favorite mount and he'd be a must if I had much roping to do. He actually seemed to like it and he was a big strong horse.

On the last day we were scheduled to train we knocked off at lunchtime. Everything shifted to travois building and packing mode for the afternoon. I nearly told Goondoe to have them all strike their huts, since I had a feeling I'd end up asking them to join us in the cave, but I held my piece and decided I'd be miles ahead if I talked it over with my women first.

Catching up the horses had to wait until daylight the next morning, but at least the cooking and eating was done by the time the sun peaked over the horizon. We went for the horses in a bunch and they were easy to catch since we'd left the trained ones hobbled.

Most of the packing was easy enough, but I had to badger Goondoe into riding. There were plenty of horses calm enough to carry him even if he was short on experience. He finally agreed it would be better for his status as leader to ride.

Zakkon, Mendal, and their mates plus Goondoe were the only Neanderthals riding though. The rest were leading or walking. Mostly it was women and older boys leading travois horses while most of the men carried their spears at the ready and kept their eyes open.

We only encountered one spot of trouble on the first day. It was a lone saber-tooth and I shot it before it came within two hundred yards. A couple of Goondoe's men threw it onto a travois as it went by without even stopping.

I could tell the men who handled it were impressed and figured it was because the cat was dealt with at such range and none of them had to risk their hide in the process. Lions and bears were bothersome too, but those fucking daggers in the thing's mouth couldn't help making you glad it was dead before you had to do your part.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.