Sanctuary Series: Book 1 - White River Revenge - Cover

Sanctuary Series: Book 1 - White River Revenge

Copyright© 2008 by JohnyR

Chapter 6: Mutiny Among the Pride

Sixty miles south of the protectors, deep in the forest, another group was holding a meeting. Krang stood on top of a boulder looking down at his fellow mutants, savoring what was to come. His roar shook the very ground, as he got everyone's attention.

The other mutants gathered in front of the boulder, "Have I not led you well against the humans?" Krang inquired.

"Yes!" came the reply from the mass of lions and tigers.

"Did I not go into the world and find the humans weak?"

Again came the reply from the crowd, "Yes!"

Looking into the faces of the other mutants, Krang saw their excitement and blood lust. "And who led you against the town called Homestake?"

"You!" the crowd roared.

Raising his hands for silence, Krang knew the crowd would do anything he asked of them. "Then who is the betrayer among you, who speaks of staying in the forest while the humans rule the earth? Who are the ones calling themselves the Naturals?"

Screams of rage ran through the group, "Who would dare?" roared a male tiger in front. The mass of lions and tigers looked amongst themselves endeavoring to find the traitors. Their lust for blood was great; they needed to kill something. They looked to Krang for a chance to release their desire.

Raising his hand Krang motioned to four mutants in the back of the crowd, "Move aside!"

One of the tiger mutants snarled. The group parted letting the four warrior-class Pride members through. These four were Krang's personal bodyguards. There was an air of supreme viciousness about these guards.

Krang looked down at a female lion in the front of the crowd, studying her intensely. His eyes were malevolent as he smiled, flashing his razor sharp teeth.

Kera's eyes widened as she realized that her mate had found out! She was one of the Naturals!

Before Kera fully grasped Krang's meaning, the four warriors descended on her, flattening the female to the ground.

"Kill her!" another female screeched. The entire crowd was snarling, and ripping at Kera while the four warriors dragged her up to the boulder.

Kera struggled against the warriors, managing to rake her claws across the one grasping her right arm.

"Bitch!" the guard snarled. He backhanded her across the side of her face. Kera's vision blurred for a second, and before she could regain control of her senses she was standing in front of her mate.

Krang's yellow eyes were bright with anticipation. "You, my own mate, were plotting behind my back!"

Kera raised her bloody head, knowing there was no hope in denying her role in wanting to leave the humans alone, she snarled, "You, Krang, will kill all the Pride with your idiotic plans."

Roaring, Krang stepped closer to his mate, and sent a bone-crushing blow into her stomach. The crowd roared in bloodlust, anticipating the kill.

Undaunted, Kera straightened back up and looked at her executioner, "Go ahead, you moron, but know this; within a month of leaving the forest, all the Pride will be dead." Still gasping from the blow, she spit into Krang's face and laughed.

Krang's mind snapped, he had originally intended to just beat the wench in front of the Pride, but now the situation had gone too far. His claws extended on both hands as he roared and slashed Kera's face and throat. Then the blood-rage took over as he ripped into his mate while the warriors restrained her arms. How dare this bitch stand against him, the leader of the Pride!

The rage passed and Krang's senses returned, hearing only the silence of the blood dripping from his claws. Before him, still held by the guards, were the devastated remains of his mate. Looking out into the crowd he didn't see his son Razor. What a wimp, thought Krang.

The mutants were building into a blood-rage themselves, Krang noticed. Now would be a good time to get rid of the troublesome elders. His spies had learned that at least five of the elders were participating as leaders of the naturals. If he executed all of them, he was sure to get the majority of the leaders. Smiling, he thought, Who cares if a few innocents die? It isn't any skin off my nose.

Nodding to the four warriors Krang pointed at the seven elders. "Our own elders are part of this Natural movement. They want us to crawl back into the forest and stay there forever!" he snarled.

Krang got the response he was hoping for. "Kill them, kill them all!" came the roar as the crowd enveloped the elders. Finally seeing a chance to release their lust, the crowd ripped them to pieces, while the older mutants declared their innocence.

Krang squatted on the boulder suppressing a smile. He had done it! No one would dare to contradict his authority after today. Seeing his son Razor leaning against a tree behind the crowd, Krang made a mental note to let his wimpy Son in on a little secret he had found out.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.