For Want of a Memory - Cover

For Want of a Memory

Copyright© 2008 by Lubrican

Chapter 8

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 8 - Kris just wanted to get to a quiet place so he could write his next book. He didn't know getting there would involve events that would make him the object of a manhunt led by the governor's wife, steal his memories and bring him together with the woman he'd been looking for all his life.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Humor   Spanking   Interracial   Oral Sex   Petting   Slow  

Lou Anne looked at Ambrose playing and felt the surge of warmth in her heart she always did when she saw him like this. She loved him more than anything she could think of and every time she saw him her heart reminded her of that.

She didn't want more children, but that was because of the difficulties she'd had carrying Ambrose. It had been torture for her. Her body hadn't coped well with hosting a child. The thought of going through that again had convinced her to take precautions.

Not that she'd needed them. There hadn't been "another man" after Ambrose's father. There had been some that were mildly interesting, but that was all. At least until now.

She thought again about the man she'd found on the road. She remembered the feeling of fear that he might be dead, and the hope that had leapt into her heart when he had turned out to be alive. He was very interesting. She tried to figure out WHY he was so interesting. She had a hard time with that. She knew almost nothing about him, and her short visit with him at the hospital had been routine in a very strange kind of way. She'd noticed his accent while she was there. Maybe that was it.

All she knew was that something made her want to learn more about him. She hadn't thought about any man this much for almost as long as she could remember. She'd said he'd see her again and she'd meant it. That she'd meant it was one of the reasons she was thinking about him so much. She WANTED to see him again ... she just wasn't sure why.


Lola Henderson was one pissed off woman. Kris hadn't called her in over a week. All the message she left for him at home went unanswered and his cell phone had been turned off every time she'd tried to call it. She'd gone to his apartment twice. The second time she'd waited around for a while, hoping to catch him. She was sure he'd dumped her and that he'd done it the gutless way of not telling her about it. She was positive she'd catch him bringing some other woman home to his apartment and she was primed to make him pay for it.

But he never came home. His parking spot was empty, too.

She had been THAT close to getting a commitment from him. She'd had to ask him for a key to his apartment THREE times, but the last time, at least he'd said, "We'll see." And now he'd disappeared off the face of the Earth.

It suddenly occurred to her that he might have been involved in an accident. She felt panic at the thought. He was her ticket. She just KNEW it. He was so secretive about his daily activities. She hadn't met any of his friends. He never talked about any friends either. If he was laid up in the hospital or worse ... dead ... she'd have to start all over again.

She was just barely getting by on her salary and she HATED her job. She didn't want to work. She wanted a man to take care of her, so she could sleep late and go shopping whenever she wanted to. Kris wasn't rich. Not yet. But he WOULD be, if he wrote the right book, and she was quite sure if he listened to her she could tell him how to write it. After all, she'd read at least ten or fifteen books. She liked the ones with pictures of muscled men on the covers, set in England, when people still rode horses and men took what they wanted from a woman. Kris wasn't like that. She'd managed to get him into bed a few times, but he wasn't helpless yet.

She was thirty-six, though she'd told him she was only twenty-eight. She needed to get him dependant on her. If he was in a hospital somewhere, she needed to find out, so she could go and feel sorry for him. She'd get the key to his apartment, to get his mail for him or something, and have a copy made. She'd visit him every day, and take him home to finish recuperating from whatever was wrong with him. He'd see that he needed her.

She picked up the phone book. It took some effort, because it weighed a lot. Turning to "Hospital" she stared at the page. It was covered with names and numbers. So was the next one ... and the one after that. She couldn't call all of them! It would take days!

She thought of a shortcut. Let somebody ELSE do all the calling.

She picked up the phone and dialed 911.


"What do you mean I have to come to the precinct?" objected Lola. "My boyfriend is missing. Do your fucking job!"

"I can't take a missing persons report over the phone," said the operator. "That's not an emergency. We're all backed up down here. You'll have to make the report in person."

The line went dead and Lola shouted at the phone.

She checked her watch. She had to go to work. She definitely couldn't afford to get fired right now. She cursed again as she grabbed her purse. She'd have to do this later. She thought that Kris had better be in practically critical condition when she found him, because if he wasn't, he would be when she got done with him.


"You're sure I can go," Kris said to the little Pakistani doctor.

"I am being very sure of deese, yes," said Dr. Massouf. "I vas telling the Mitch Connel dat I was being ready to deescharge you for sure." The man looked up at Kris. "Are you wanting me to be referring you to a psychiatrist?"

"Do you think I'm crazy?" asked Kris.

"Of course not," said the man, his voice on edge. "You are being troubled with memory losses, yes?"

"I'll let you know," said Kris. He stood up. That didn't feel odd anymore. The nurses had had him up and walking around for several days now. All the bandages were off and he had only a little residual ache in a few muscles and bruises. "I don't have any clothes," he pointed out.

"Ah, yes, vun moment, pliss," the doctor said and hustled out of the room.

Jessica came in almost immediately, two bags in her hands.

"The hospital chaplain got these for you from the Salvation Army," she said. "I hope they fit."

From the first bag he pulled out a blue checkered shirt, long sleeved, thankfully, and a pair of gray work pants. There was a new package of jockey shorts, containing three pairs, and another package that had three pairs of new white tube socks in it. A pair of hiking boots -used, but in surprisingly good condition - were in the bottom of the bag. The other bag had a folded up coat in it. He stood there, while she waited. Apparently she didn't intend to leave while he dressed.

"You going to stay here while I change?" he asked.

"Oh!" Her face got darker. She didn't answer his question. Instead, she posed one of her own. "Um ... did you remember anything about your health insurance?"

"No."

"In that case, I'm supposed to take you down to the cashier's office. They want to make arrangements for payment."

"Of course," he said.

"I can leave if you want me to," she said, but she didn't move.

"Well, I'm going to be naked here in a minute," he said.

"It's not like I haven't seen that before," she said. Her face was still darker than usual. He thought again about how she was really a strikingly good looking woman. "I gave you a sponge bath when you were still unconscious," she added.

"Makes no difference to me," he said. He was surprised, for some reason, to find that it really DIDN'T make him uncomfortable for her to be there. Maybe she was interested in him. THAT he found to be an odd concept, for some reason.

He dropped the hospital robe and looked at her. She had turned around after all.

"You're not going to make me leave here in a wheel chair, are you?" He smiled. He still hadn't moved to put anything on.

She turned her head just far enough to see he was still naked, then looked away again. "Do you need help getting dressed?" she asked.

"I don't think so," he said. He ripped the bag of shorts open, somewhat enthusiastically, and pulled a pair on. Being in this room naked, with a woman, was affecting him, but the shorts kept it from showing too much. He pulled on the pants, which were loose around the waist.

"No belt?" he asked.

"I guess not," she said. "Mitch says you're staying here to write your book."

"I suppose so," he said. "I can't remember what it's about, and I don't have a computer. I don't even have a pad of paper, though I don't think I write that way. I'm hoping something will come to me." He looked around. "Got anything that I can use as a belt? These things will fall off of me if I don't do something."

She left, without a word, and he'd put the shirt and shoes on by the time she was back. She had several safety pins in her hand. She didn't ask, but just went to kneel behind him, lifting the shirt and pulling the waistband of the pants tighter. He felt her hands for half a minute and then didn't. He turned to find her standing close to him.

"Thanks," he said.

"You're welcome." She took a deep breath, and his eyes strayed to her chest. He was pretty sure she noticed, but she didn't say anything. "I won't make you ride," she said.

He followed her to the cashier's office, watching the sway of her hips. She had a really nice ass and it kept him half hard as they walked. He had no idea if he could put the bill on his credit card, or if he did, if it would exceed his credit limit. He thought it was almost funny that he could remember that there were things like credit limits, when he couldn't even remember what the clothes they had cut off of him looked like or if he'd ever worn a checkered shirt before. He arranged, with relatively little fuss, to make a down payment on his card and be billed for the rest over a period of months. That was possible because he had a local address, which he showed them on the rental agreement.

Jessica walked him to the front doors. He put the coat on. It was tight over the shoulders, but it was better than nothing.

"OK," he said, feeling a pleasurable surge at knowing he was about to be free of restraint. "Now all I need are directions to my rental. I hope you know where it is," he said. "Cause I sure don't. How do I call a taxi?"

"We don't have a taxi company in Pembroke," she said smiling. "We're a little small for that."

"So, how am I supposed to get there?" he asked. "It looks cold out there." He looked through the windows. "And it's dark too. What time is it?"

"Oh my!" she said. "It's seven-thirty. I didn't think about that." She frowned and appeared to be thinking. "I'm almost off shift," she said. "If you can wait another half hour, I guess I could take you."

"Deal," he said.

There wasn't really anything else he could do.


He was sitting in a chair in the lobby, leafing through a People magazine that was eight months old, but still held nothing in it that sparked any memories in him. It was eight when she came up to him, bundled up in a hooded parka. It had a dark fur ruff around the hood that set off her light brown face nicely.

"Ready?" she asked.

"I suppose so," he said, standing up. "It seems kind of early to be discharging somebody ... doesn't it?"

"It's because you came in in the middle of the night," she said. "If we kept you here past eight, they'd have to charge you another day, and they knew your insurance situation was a little odd."

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.