Sunny Days and Stormy Knights - Cover

Sunny Days and Stormy Knights

Copyright© 2008 by Monbade

Chapter 7

March 13th 3532

Lycos System

Winnie and Nina walked out of the Yachtsman, using the private gate. They went down the hall, and stepped into the nearest elevator. It shot them across the giant station. The elevator came to a stop on the administration level. They walked down the hallway to the law firm of 'Sawyer, Gibson and Sons'. Nina opened the door and they stepped inside the reception area. A red headed woman was sitting behind the desk as they walked over.

"Yes, can I help you?" Yvonne Tobin asked.

"Yes, we're here to see Richard Gibson," Nina stated.

"You have an appointment? Yvonne asked.

"No," Winnie said.


Derik led his men into the Royal Yachtsman. His eyes swept over the crowd checking each face for the cunt or a threat. His eyes locked onto three men as security and his weapon leaped to his hands as they went for theirs.

The first guard flew backwards as Lion opened fired with his pulse laser and started killing the witnesses. The third and fourth rounds blew the alarm system apart before the attendant could slap the panel. The four mercenaries spread out and started killing everyone they could. One of the bellhops slapped the blast door for the restaurant and the door slammed down sealing the room from the main lobby and saved everyone in there as several activated the com system and started calling security for help.


Nancy's head whipped around as the security station started going ballistic as calls came in. Turning her chair, she snapped out, "What's going on?"

"Ma'am, someone is shooting up the Yachtsman," reported Gloria Hesperia and then continued as more reports came in, "No, a group of people are shooting the place up,"

"Dispatch teams one through six to deal with the problem, tell them I will be joining them. Have teams seven through ten to continue to find Marshal Blake," Nancy said as she walked to the armory and pulled on her combat suit.

"Yes, Ma'am. Good luck, Ma'am," Gloria said as she turned back to her panel and started sending the orders out to the ten man teams.


Derik walked to the desk and jumped it, landing behind it; he yanked the wounded man to his feet. Shoving him to the computer station as his men dealt with the wounded he snarled, "Find me Winnie Lincoln."

Dwight Anderson looked at the mercenary and turned to his computer. He started typing a search for the person and it came back. "She checked out thirty minutes ago, I'm sorry but..."

Derik fired his pistol and blew the man's head off as he screamed in anger. Jumping the counter he joined his men and walked towards the main doors when they opened and ten guards ran in.

Ten seconds later, they stepped over the bodies and into the hallway. Turning they headed for the elevator just as they dinged and opened. Lion stepped in and opened fire, catching the men unaware and slaughtering them in the enclosure.

Derik took a look at the other banks and saw they were coming towards them so he stepped in and they went down three levels and out into the station.


"Then you need to make an appointment, the earliest I can get you in is three weeks," Yvonne said.

"I don't think so; I have a letter here from Richard asking me to stop in. Now please call him," Winnie replied as she pulled the note out.

"No! I can't do that," Yvonne said as she shook her head.

"Do it or I walk back there and look for him," Nina snapped as she tapped her left foot.

"Nina, you apologize right now," Winnie demanded.

"Mistress, he sent for you. Now his underling tries to prevent you from talking with him. I don't think so," Nina stated as she watched the female cyborg.

Yvonne reached for the com, and pressed the button as her foot stepped on the silent alarm.

Richard walked out of his office and saw a women talking to his receptionist and walked over. As he neared her, he recognized her from his files. "Winnie, you're just as beautiful as your mother was. Come into my office," he said as he held his arm out.

They started walking to the office when the station's alarms sounded and a voice came on over the speaker system.

"CODE RED! ROYAL YAGHTSMAN! WE HAVE CASULTIES. INITATING SECURITY LOCKDOWN IN TEN SECONDS FOR THE ENTIRE STATION! I REPEAT..."

"Yvonne shut that off," Richard said as he started running as the announcement shut down.

"What's going on?" Winnie asked as Richard Gibson ran to the main door and slapped the blast shield securing the room.

"EVERYONE TO THE BACK CONFERENCE ROOM! I will seal the doors as we go," Richard ordered.

The entire law firm left their offices and guided their clients to the back room.

Thirty seconds after issuing his orders, the conference room was being rearranged for everyone to sit. Chairs were rushed in while Yvonne went into the kitchen and started brewing coffee, and heating some food for everyone while another secretary went to a storage closet, and started pulling out foam mattresses, blankets and pillows.

"Mister Gibson, what the hell is going on?" Nina demanded.

"Lock down, we will be here for at least a day so everyone get comfortable," Richard said.

"A day? I can't be here. I have people trying to kill me! I need to get off this station," Winnie gasped out in surprise.

"No can do. Get comfortable, and pull up a chair," Richard said as he sat down in one of the chairs with his data pad.

Winnie huffed, and blew a lock of hair out of her eyes and sat down beside Nina.

"I don't like this," Winnie said.

"Neither do I mistress, but what can we do?" Nina replied and reached over and hugged her friend.

"I don't know."

"Relax, get some sleep. I'll wake you if there is a change in the situation," Nina said as she placed a pillow in her lap for Winnie.

Winnie sighed, settled down with her head on the pillow. Soon sleep overtook her, and she drifted off.


Winnie lay on her back. She was watching the digital clock slowly tick the time away. After ten hours of lying on her back and just thinking, she rolled over, tossing the blanket off of herself.

Beside her, Nina sat typing at her data pad. She was trying to hack into the stations systems, to find out what was going on.

Sitting up, Winnie looked over at Richard Gibson and said, "Mister Gibson. Can you tell me what my father sent you?"

Richard looked up from the book he was reading, setting it down; he walked over and knelt, "Miss Lincoln, we shouldn't discuss this here. As soon as the lockdown is finished, we will adjourn to a private room and talk about it."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.