H.M.S. Swiftshire
Chapter 8: History

Copyright© 2008 by Monbade

Steven dropped his napkin down on his plate and looked at his steward, "Lunch was delicious, Jaren. I swear you should open up your own restaurant, when you get out of the navy."

Jaren blushed at his captains complements, "I hope, to Sir, but I need the money first. It is what I have been saving for the whole time I have been in the Navy. Its going to be called The White Star Restaurants, I plan on a chain of them."

"Well you should have it soon, the Navy bought the Intolerable back into service and since she was a recapture of a former flagship. You will get an additional bonus. Also, do not forget you get some of the money from the other captured ships that came in with the Intolerable, which adds even more." Standing up, Steven stretched, "When you do open it, I want an invitation to your grand opening. Now with it being my day off, I think I will do some reading. Can you bring me some more coffee, please?"

"Yes, Sir, it will take me a few minutes to make a fresh pot." Going into the pantry, he started putting the dirty dishes in the sink and then turned the coffee machine on after filling the decanter with coffee.

Steven walked into the day cabin, and went over to his bookcase. Standing there, he looked at the titles on the shelves, "Hmmm, I think history this time, but which one. Yes, I think the new one I bought just before we shipped out," reaching into the case he pulled out a brown leathered hardback called The History of the 4th Reich, walking over to the chair he sat down, and begun to unwrap the clear protective wrapper from around the book. The smell of the new book drifted up to his nose, as Jaren walked in carrying a fresh cup of hot coffee and placed it on the end table. Steven sat back in his recliner and begun to read...


June, tenth, 2078 the German chancellor was elected to the position of president of the United Nations by a massive landslide. Sixty-Five days after the election, German Special Forces, and United Nations troops, mostly those from South and Central America seized all but three of space stations around the planet in a surprise attack. German computer specialists quickly hacked into and seized the anti-missile lasers that surround the world. These satellites belonged to the individual governments of the world. While the three stations, not seized by the United Nations forces moved closer so they could defend each other.

The German, Brazilian and Venezuelan Navies linked up in a joint exercise in the North Atlantic while sixteen troop transports headed for Mexico to land armor divisions during the night. Disguised as hover car carriers, they unloaded during the middle of the night and headed for their predestinated area's throughout northern Mexico.

The German and United Nations troops then began to seize all ships in local orbit. Two of the United States destroyers kept in local orbit were surrounded by the German space navy. Ordered to surrender, they refused and attempted to get underway. The German battlecruiser Graf Spree opened fired and gutted the American destroyer's interior compartments, and opened them to space, killing three hundred United States Navy men and women, while the rest of the crews abandoned ship. As more ships entered Earths orbit they were quickly seized to be used in as an invasion force. Five days later, five thousand German Special Forces, seized the moon bases, whose inhabitants were forcefully evacuated back to Earth.

Meanwhile, another Naval Task Force was sent to Mars to take over the United States Navel base at John Glen Space Station and the nearby construction dock. However, they were seen coming and the United States Navy and their British counterparts met and destroyed the fourteen naval ships of the invasion force sent against them.

The six cruisers and seven destroyers of the United States fleet along with the five British cruisers and ten destroyers, meet and destroy the battlecruiser Graf Spree, four cruisers and nine destroyers but allowed the ten merchant ships to retreat carrying the ten thousand man invasion force.

September, first, 2078, the Fourth Reich was proclaimed in Germany. All businesses became the property of the state, private schools, and organizations were disbanded and a universal draft for all eligible men and woman into the armed forces was instated. Chancellor Mainz declared a total embargo against the United States and British Empire for the destruction of the United Nations Peace keeping forces sent to Mars to restore order.

In the United States, an ultimatum was delivered to President Nancy Trevor. Surrender to the United Nations or New York, Boston, Washington, Denver and Los Angels will be destroyed. The demands were leaked to the people of the United States and there were violent demonstrations at the United Nations.

The United Nations building was burned and looted. The German embassy and consulates are picketed. If anyone dared to step out of them, they were assaulted by the mobs. Finally, the United States had to put them under military guard to guarantee their safety. United States military forces worldwide went on alert. In the United States orders were sent, which activated a secret anti-missile defense force, under the command of the 50th Space Wing. Hidden in the GPS satellites were Oxygen-Iodine lasers designed to destroy any incoming missile in flight. So when Germany's threat was ignored ten missiles were launched against the United States from a ballistic missile sub in the North Sea. Within minutes, the missiles were detected and destroyed and a message was delivered to the German Government. No missiles would be allowed to be launched against any country in the world. Any attempt to get near the satellites will be met with force. Germany did not listen and sent out space fighters to destroy the satellites, none of the thirty fighters returned to their base.

German then decided on a ground war and armored forces crossed into Switzerland, Belgium, Denmark, Austria, Hungary, Poland, and France on the orders of their new chancellor. While in Mexico, the five obsolete South American and Mexican armored divisions that were hidden, rolled north into Texas. The South American units rolled two hundred miles into Texas, New Mexico and Arizona before they are shattered by American made Hover tanks and the new anti tank aircraft code named Warthog V. The American forces rolled up the South American and Mexican armies and took Mexico City in ten days.

In Australia, ten crack Indonesian Airborne units trained by the Germans parachuted into Perth, Melbourne and Sydney; they were destroyed before they could consolidate their positions and the Australian Navy, based around three carriers, ventured out and destroyed the sea bourn invasion off the Great Barrier Reef. The Aircraft Carrier Australia was torpedoed six times in the middle of the battle by the U-1000 before the enemy sub could be located and sunk. The flagship of the Australian Navy went down in less then eight minutes with four thousand dead.

The Australian Navy then intercepted another Indonesian and Chinese invasion force heading for New Zealand while the Americans stopped a Philippine naval force heading to invade Guam, Wake and Hawaii.

Back in Europe German forces, quickly overcame any resistance, Poland fell in twelve days with her army smashed by the new blitzkrieg. Using new advanced types of hover tanks carrying plasma cannons they annihilated whole amour divisions. Warsaw went up in pillar of smoke and ash when they refuse to surrender.

In France, the German hover tanks raced around the normal units of the French army, overrunning airfields, destroying the planes on the ground. German forces captured Paris in five days and Brest in ten days after the initial start of the invasion. Two German parachute divisions landed in the Vaucluse region and seized Frances nuclear stockpile and missiles. As their amour unit's raced for Calais and the chunnels, the British decided to blow them so they would not be captured. The ten tunnels belched smoke and debris as they fill with water, closing those tunnels connecting England and France while keeping Ireland and Iceland tunnels open.

After consolidating their conquest, German forces turned and swept up the Russian commonwealth. Shattering the divisions of armor and infantry that were moving to defend the capital, Moscow was nuked along with Kiev and Sevastopol. Saint Petersburg was by passed and left to wither like a grape on a vine, as the German armies encircled the remains of Moscow. Paratroopers descended on the remains of the Kremlin. Seventy-two hours later the German flag was raised over the crumbling ruins of the Kremlin building. Within four months, the German flag flew from Portugal to France down to Romania to Russia, Only England, Italy, the Scandinavian countries and the Balkan States were still free, for a little while.

Six weeks after the fall of Russia, thirteen divisions of armor swept up into Sweden, Finland and Norway. While another, ten sweep down into Italy with another twelve divisions move into the Balkan countries including Greece. On September seventh German bombers hit Israel and her neighbors, which declare war on German. Two days later Germany dropped twenty-kiloton nuclear weapons on Jerusalem, Cairo, Riyadh and Mecca with threats of more nuclear devastation unless they surrender.

Indonesia, Pakistan and India declared war on Germany.

The poor Middle Eastern countries were quickly defeated with nuclear weapons; their abandoned oil fields went up in flames under space based fighters. Their diesel powered tanks and armored vehicles were obliterated with nuclear weapons. Fifty million Muslims were killed from the bombs and radiation fall out.

Only Israeli refused to surrender and sent their experienced air force to attack German units in Greece and Italy. Fourteen hundred aircraft and space fighters were sent to teach the Germans a lesson. They were intercepted and several major air battles took place, only ten of the nuclear equipped bombers broke through the battle to the enemy armies. While trying to drop their bombs they were jumped again by United Nations Space fighters. Only two bombs detonated, one outside of Athens hit its intended target, wiping out an armored division that was preparing to attack the capital and the other detonated over Taranto Harbor in Italy. The city went up in flames as the nuclear weapon detonated prematurely. The plane was on the way to hit the German armor divisions heading towards Rome.

In space, the Allied fleet met and destroyed another German fleet sent against them. This time they captured two of the cruisers and seven transports. Back in the shipyards, they are finishing the construction of the USS New York a six million ton battleship. The largest ship ever built in the system, mounting twelve missiles tubes and fourteen lasers in twin turrets.

Back on earth, the war continued to seesaw back and forth. Germany tried an invasion onto English soil and the British detonated an under water nuclear torpedo causing the ships to be capsized and drowning seventy thousand men. Air raids continued on the British cities as the German Air force used fuel air explosive bombs on them. The Germans suffered a four to one casualty rate in aircrews.

Up in Scapa Flow the British fleet sortied when word was received of ten heavy cruisers of the German Navy were heading to sea. A German sub waited outside the harbor for the first ship to sail and two days later a destroyer headed out to sea looking for enemy subs. A nuclear torpedo shot passed the destroyer at forty knots, its program took it into the middle of the harbor where it detonated under the British fleet and a giant mushroom cloud that was ten thousand feet high was seen all the way south to Wales. Twenty ships were sent to the bottom of the bay to rest with the remains of the Kaisers fleet from World War 1. Including Britain's only two aircraft carriers still in service, one of the frigates was hurled ashore from the blast its blacken hull leaking radiation, its crew dying in agony.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.