The Collapse: A New Beginning: Book 1 - Cover

The Collapse: A New Beginning: Book 1

Copyright© 2008 by JimWar

Chapter 16

Science Fiction Sex Story: Chapter 16 - Steve was fishing when the end of civilization occurred. It happened so quietly that he didn't even know it had happened. There were a few scattered survivors of what later was called The Collapse. Follow Steve and one small group of survivors as they attempt to find others and regain what was lost. This is the first book in what hopefully will be a multi-book series.

Caution: This Science Fiction Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   Group Sex   First   Oral Sex  

Day Sixteen: Monday

Monday, Monday, Can't Trust that Day. The old song seemed to sum up my feelings as I again woke earlier than my mates. Sunday was a long day and Monday seemed fated to be even longer. I had mixed feelings about having declared myself the leader. I knew that I could easily be swamped with the day-to-day details of running the base to the point that nothing would get accomplished. My hope was that nothing would change. As it was, Sheila was in charge of the physical side of things, Tom normally took charge of our rapid response unit, Bill Jenkins was in charge of militia training and Fred Johnson was in charge of farming. Kari under my guidance was acting as operations and aviation training officer. I knew that soon I would need someone to take charge of foraging and storage. It was a haphazard structure but so far it was one that was working well.

The fate of Ab and John was my first decision. There was a certain risk to setting them free but the greater danger would be to allow them to remain in the camp. I didn't want to execute them, even though they deserved it. I felt like there were too few people left and I had already killed my share of them. Jim could see I was troubled as I drank my morning coffee at the table in the courtyard. He ambled over and said, "Heavy is the head that wears the crown."

I looked up and laughed out loud at his reading of my condition. Jim sat down next to me and slapped me on the back and said, "Everyone I've talked to thinks you said what needed saying last night. We're big enough to lose sight of what we're doing. Every person needs a calling, otherwise what are we here for? You gave everybody a purpose last night. After you left I heard people talking about us being like the Israelites coming out of Egypt. Look around you this morning and see if you don't see some heads being held a bit higher."

I smiled and said, "As long as they don't start calling me Moses."

Jim studied me for a moment and said, "Don't laugh about that. People need strong leaders in times of trouble. A lot of people didn't think you had that in you. Now they know. Us that knew you when, know you're fair and not in it for yourself. The new ones will soon come to see that as well. Do what you have to."

I left Jim and walked over to the dispensary. Irene had spent the night there tending to John Smith. I was surprised to see Pat Simmons sitting in the waiting room of the dispensary with an M16 across her knees. She was alert and came out of her chair as soon as I entered the building. I said, "Pat, what are you doing here? You should be home sleeping."

Pat smiled and said, "I've only been here a couple of hours. I relieved Bill Jenkins who was here after Tom left last night. Tom thought we needed to be here just in case."

I smiled and said, "Thanks," as I moved on to find Irene. I figured Irene was probably asleep or very tired, but she was up and chatting with Sarah Michaels and Marsha Johnson. As soon as I walked in both ladies professed a need to take care of things elsewhere and hurriedly left.

I kissed Irene as I slipped into the chair beside her and gave a quizzical glance at the two departing ladies. Raising my eyebrows I asked, "A social call?"

Irene laughed and said, "Seems that those two took to heart what you said last night and want me to start training them as nurses. Honey, I can't teach anyone and I haven't worked as a nurse in years. Aside from that I'm scared every time someone gets hurt that I won't know what to do. When I told them that they thought I was just being modest and I ended up agreeing to teach them what I know."

I sympathized, "Just be thankful they want to help. I'm sure there are nursing and medical textbooks at both PJC and UWF. I recall both had nursing programs."

Irene looked puzzled and realizing she wasn't from this area I added, "PJC is Pensacola Junior College and UWF is the University of West Florida."

At that point she argued, "Well, you don't just learn nursing from textbooks. Most of it is hands on. Where are they going to get the practice? Never mind, I'll do the best I can."

Trying to change the subject I continued, "How did it go last night? Did you get any sleep at all?"

Irene slumped into my shoulder and I wrapped my arm around her. As I brushed her hair out of her eyes she said, "Some ... at first he wouldn't sleep. He was restless and wanted to talk. Finally he got so agitated I had to get Tom's help to strap him to the bed to keep him still. He had a couple of episodes I think were panic attacks. I expected his wife and kids to come by but they never did. After he went to sleep I laid down on the bed in the next enclosure but didn't get much sleep. Any idea of what you're going to do with him?"

Kissing her on the top of her head I said, "I've got an idea. Ab's wife, Alison, came up to me last night and asked if she and the kids could stay. John's wife came up with her and listened to what she said but didn't say anything herself. She was still there talking to Alison when they took Ab to the lock-up. I've got to get Kari and the rest busy painting aircraft. Kari and Julie have done it before and know the routine. After that I'm going to meet with both families without the husbands. Some of Ab's kids are old enough to make their own decisions and I don't want any heartburn from any of them to spill over and poison the atmosphere here after I deal with their daddies."

Irene was almost asleep at that point. I picked her up in my arms and quickly carried her to one of the nearby beds where I made her comfortable as I could by removing her shoes. She struggled to sit up as I spread the sheet over her. I pushed her back down, gave her a kiss on the cheek and said, "You're dead on your feet and your patient's asleep. You have a guard outside in case anything happens, so rest while you can. I'll talk to you later this morning."

She was sound asleep before I got out of the curtained cubical. John was asleep as well, so on the way out I asked Pat look in on them from time to time. I headed directly to the reception hall, figuring to find the rest of my wives and students there.

The hall was abuzz with conversation as most people seemed to be chowing down. I noticed that none of the Graytons or Smiths was present. First stop was the kitchen where I saw Julie, Lana and Laura helping Sheila with the cooking. A copy of the New Times was taped on the commercial refrigerator. There was a notice in bold on the front that all flight students were to assemble at seven o'clock on the flight line every day until further notice. Looking at the clock and saw it was only six o'clock. I gave a kiss to each of my wives and a hug to Sheila before heading headed out to the serving line. On the serving line I found a smiling Phyllis Dixon and laughing Lynn Eagan assisting Marsha Johnson. I grinned at both beautiful young women and they rewarded me by piling my plate high with the good food that my wives had helped cook.

I saw Jim sitting with his daughter and grandkids and decided to join him. Jim had Jerry in his lap, while Jenn was on her knees in her chair demolishing her breakfast. I gave Jenn a kiss on the cheek and sat down across the table from her. As soon as she saw me take my seat she ran around the table and climbed up in my lap. Becky grinned and said, "Jennifer Ellen Collier, you can't just jump up on Mr. Clement's lap like that without an invitation. What am I going to do with you?"

Little Jerry piped up, "Spank her, mom." Then he howled.

I winked at Becky and said, "I'm sorry, it's my fault. The first time I met Jenn I gave her a standing invitation to climb up and sit on my lap anytime she wanted. I should've asked you before I let her climb up."

Becky smiled and said, "That's okay. Most men don't appreciate someone jumping in their lap when they sit down to eat. I'm trying to teach both of them some manners."

At that moment, as if to illustrate what Becky was saying, Jenn reached across the table to get her plate and spilled my coffee in the process. Becky said, "See what I mean?" Popping Jenn's hand, Becky scolded, "I've told you to ask for things and not reach across the table."

Jerry laughed and said, "Spank her hard, mom."

Jenn stuck out her tongue at her brother and busied herself eating. Becky said, "That's enough from the both of you." Jim and I just grinned at each other. I knew Jim was relieved to have Becky back acting the harried mother.

Jenn made herself comfortable straddling my knee. I ate with my left arm wrapped around her while I shoveled food to my mouth with my right. Jenn and I were both eating when Kari and Kim walked by. Kari stopped and whispered something to Kim that caused both to burst out laughing. Kari gave me a kiss in passing and sat at the next table. I noticed Kim was smiling and seemed happier than she had been.

As soon as I finished eating I caught a ride with Kari, Kim, and four or five of the flight students to the flight line. I knew there was always an extra vehicle down that way that I could use to get back when I needed to. At seven o'clock sharp I was standing outside the MCP on the flight line with Kari and thirteen other flight students. We met and I explained what we were going to be doing for the next several days. Basically I was going to choose three T-34s and they were going to prime, paint and then equip them with all of the survival items that we should have had in the last plane. Kari and Julie had painted before and would supervise the painting.

I walked over to the old maintenance control center and started searching. I looked for the best aircraft available; aircraft that had recently completed rework and the required acceptance flight. The status boards at the back of the office made the job easy and after a half-hour I found three good ones. Next I rechecked the boards for their locations and walked with the students to each aircraft and performed a careful preflight. Finding nothing amiss we towed each plane to a spot near the paint booth in the hangar. At that point I gave a safety briefing to all the flight students on the care and use of air line respirators followed by a short demonstration of proper painting techniques. After that I watched for about 20 minutes as Kari and Julie supervised the actual painting. At that point I left my operations officer in charge and headed to the security building.

I found Frank Willoby and John Simmons in the security building where they had just finished feeding a late breakfast to Ab Grayton. Frank was letting him out of the cell to the bathroom as I arrived. Ab was trying to convince Frank to remove the handcuffs so he could have his hands free for the bathroom. Frank had him cuffed in the front. I laughed when I heard John Simmons tell Ab that he could shit in his pants as far as he was concerned. I went over and got an M9 and loaded it. Ab was complaining loudly about not being able to wipe his ass when I walked in and loudly chambered a round into the M9. Standing across the room I told them it was alright to unshackle Ab's handcuffs as I had him in my sights. I told them that maybe we'd get lucky and he'd try to run. Ab used the toilet in record time and headed back to his cell where he slammed the door closed. I have no idea whether he wiped or not.

I asked Frank if he knew how John Smith was getting along. Frank laughed and said, "We just came from there. Irene told us that John would probably be able to sleep in the cell next to Ab tonight, if she didn't choke him first."

I laughed and said, "She hasn't got much bedside manner when someone has kept her up all night. I don't guess it's gonna make any difference in the end. I don't think they're going to be with us much longer. The only options I can see is either locking them up permanently or letting them go. Locking them up permanently means guards and people to take care of them. We can't afford that. I'm going to meet with the families in a bit and see what they want to do. I'll make my choice after that."

I asked Sheila to have the Graytons, the Smiths, Jim Baxley and Susan Gordon meet me in the small conference room in the BOQ. Sheila looked puzzled and I explained where the room was off of the reception hall. She laughed and said, "Why didn't you say that in the first place?" I shook my head wondering how long it would be before the Navy terminology was completely eliminated.

I met the families in the hallway outside the conference room and asked Alison and Martha if they wanted to meet separately or as a group. Both shrugged their shoulders and so we met as a group. The Grayton family consisted of Alison Grayton, the 40 year old wife of Ab; sons Kevin and Chad, who were 16 and 13 respectively, and daughter Ruth who was 11. The Smith family was smaller and consisted of Martha, the 34 year old wife of John; son Tony who was 11, and daughter Bridget who was 10.

The mood was somber as they all knew that we were there to discuss their fate. I asked the children to wait outside the room. There was some initial objection from Chad and Kevin but my no nonsense stare quieted that. As soon as it was all adults in the room we sat at the conference table and I said, "As you can imagine there are no procedures for this type of thing. I was completely shocked by what happened last night. I will be fair but you realize I have to consider the safety of the whole group. I will try to take everything you say into consideration when I make my decision. There is no appeal."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.