Earth's Pain Book I - Justin's Story
Chapter 13: The truth

Copyright© 2008 by Fogster73

Therefore, I called my brother.

"Hello Paul, it's Justin," I said.

"Hi brother. What is it you want? I'm a little busy," Paul replied.

"First, I wanted to invite you to visit as soon as possible."

"Well as I already said, I'm a little busy with the current crisis."

"Paul, this is a matter of life and death — and I mean yours. Also, what do you know about the shitload of weapons being stored at the Big Bear Airport for a supremacy group named New Nation."

"What the hell are you talking about? We're storing emergency supplies at airports, that's all."

"No you're not Paul. The local sheriff's office didn't have the manpower to watch the airport, so they brought all the items to my ranch for my guys to protect. Only thing is, they were not supplies, they were weapons - dozens of trucks full - and they also had uniforms with New Nation patches for them."

"You took the military items from the airport?"

"Yes and you should be thankful. I would hate to see armored APC's and dozens of SAW's in unfriendly hands."

"Justin, I don't know what you're talking about. They were just emergency rations and supplies."

"Paul, you're either lying or you're being lied to. Come to the Big Bear Airport and I will show you what I found."

"Justin, you may have caused some big problems, calling like this and spouting off."

"No I don't think so; I had friends in high places to make sure the call was private."

"Fine, I will be on my way soon."

"Ok I'll meet you there," I said and hung up.

"Kristy, did anything interesting happen on that call?"

"They were trying to monitor, but all they got was a football game. They tried to trace it, but that ended up in the North Pole area."

Mike broke out laughing and said, "Oh I love it. Kristy, I hope you wouldn't mind doing that for me once in a while."

"Not at all Mike, just ask."

"Ok Kristy, monitor all the air traffic in the area and let me know when my brother arrives, and how many are with him."

"You don't think he is part of this do you?" Mike asked.

"I hope not, but he is a bit prejudiced since his son was killed."

"So he could bring hell down on us?" Mike asked.

"I don't think so. Besides, if he or they try I'll just sick Kristy on them," I said and smiled.

We continued to inventory the items until dinner time. We went to the cafeteria and discovered we were having pizza - homemade pizza is the best! If it is made right. Afterwards we went into the Agency office, to check in with the dispatcher.

Right about then Kristi walked in and said, "Justin, a plane just came into the area; it's a cargo plane."

"When he lands, send the chopper to meet him; bring him and any guards that will fit in the back. Also make sure to disable their weapons and any transmitters."

"No problem," Kristy said. "The plane is landing now. Justin, there is now also a convoy of trucks coming up the mountain, and they are military."

"Ok. Pick up my brother and keep watch on the trucks."

I was watching on the monitor as the helicopter circled the airport and finally landed. I used the intercom and told my brother to get on board with his guards. He hesitated for a minute, but finally he got in and the chopper took off.

Grabbing my security personal and one of the sheriff's officers, we headed off to wait for them at the pad. Not too much later, the helicopter finally arrived, my brother's men jumping out first, followed by my brother.

"Well it's good to see you Paul. I told you to come up for a visit and vacation. I'm glad you're finally here, even though you're not here for a vacation," I said, shouting over the noise as the chopper took back off.

"It's been a while Justin. Where is that chopper going?"

"Well I'm not sure; I would guess it's going to chase off the convoy of trucks coming in this direction," I said, and instantly his guards raised their weapons and had us at gunpoint.

"Sorry Justin, I'm going to have to arrest you for treason."

"No Paul, I'm the sorry one; I was hoping you were not involved."

"Justin, call that chopper back now!" he commanded.

"Now why would I do that? The people here depend on me for security and I'm not going to let them down, especially to the likes of you," I stated.

Paul made to speak, but I interrupted him. "Oh ya; by the way, all your weapons and transmission equipment has been disabled. You are now my prisoners, so you can go on trial for treason," I said, and heard the impotent clicks of their weapons go off.

I just shrugged. "Told you so."

"I have no idea what you have done Justin, but you are in over your head," Paul said.

"Paul you don't understand. I brought you up here to save you; now I'm only disappointed in you, and your son would be to."

"The world is going to hell Justin. It will need new leadership."

"I agree completely, but the New Nation are not the ones for the job."

"So you are?" he asked.

"For now yes, but only at my ranch. I have no desire to lead everybody," I said as Kristy walked up and stood next to me.

"Justin, the convoy is five miles away and closing. What do you want me to do?" she asked

"Can you tell if they are members of New Nation or just soldiers doing a job?" I asked.

"I already checked and they are all members," she said.

"Fine. Give them a warning, then a warning shot, and if that doesn't work - take them out."

"Understood."

"You can't do that, they're just soldiers," Paul protested.

"Yes but they all belong to New Nation - I assume that's why they are here on this mission - and all of them would kill someone because he was different from them. Does anyone here think they have a place in the new world?" I asked

Jessica was first to answer. "If Kristy is sure about this and I'm sure she is, I don't want them around," she said.

I walked over to Kristy and whispered to her, "Please check my brother out. I need to know everything."

Kristy nodded slightly, adding, "The warning shot in front of the trucks did the trick, they turned around. I'm sure it had something to do with the size of the blast that got them thinking."

"Good. Just make sure they leave the mountain. If they stop within range, send one of the smaller remotes and watch them; make sure they see it to."

With that said Jessica, led our prisoners to a secure room to hold them.

I went for a walk and ended up on my swing. I was sitting with my eyes closed, trying to think of nothing and relax, when Jenny joined me.

"I was told you're holding your brother, is he part of that hate group?" she asked.

I put my arm around her and said, "I don't know for sure, but it looks like it."

"I'm sorry," she said.

It was just a few minutes later when a very happy Kristy showed, sitting herself down on the other side of me and hugging me.

"What are you so happy about Kristy?" I asked.

"Your brother, he's innocent," she said.

"WHAT? Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yes. He is on a special mission working for someone in the White House; he is an informant on the group. His son is not even dead, it was all a setup to get him in," she said.

"Well I'll be damned! He sure had me fooled. That is great news. Have Jessica split them up for breakfast and I'll talk to him then," I said.

Kristy smiled as she hugged me, then disappeared.

"Happy now?" Jenny asked.

"Yes, much better," I said. "Well, I'm going to get some sleep; I will see you tomorrow," I said as I got up and walked off to find Patricia after telling her the good news, I dragged her off to bed.

The next morning I grabbed a quick shower and headed for the cafeteria, meeting Kristy on the way. "Your brother is eating in a private room," she said.

"Good. Let me get some breakfast and I'll join him," I said. "Please join me."

"Sure," she said.

After getting some breakfast, I was off to see my brother. I entered his room, sat down and started on my breakfast. "That act yesterday was very convincing Paul. I should shoot you for letting me believe Brian was dead," I said.

"Somehow I knew you would find out. I hoped when you called you knew the stakes and were ready. I'm glad you were. It is good to see you again; I know Brian will be delighted."

"Yes, we were ready, but I needed more information to make sure we were right. That is why I called you in the first place, that and to save you like I said," I admitted.

"Save me?"

"Yes. The weather and heat are not our only problems. It's a long story, and I'm not sure you are ready to believe me yet. By the way, where is Brian? You will need to get him here pretty quick."

"Remember Rudy, my friend from training? He is with him, safe and sound, and yes, I can get him here. Now you tell me what the hell is going on with you."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.