Earth's Pain Book I - Justin's Story - Cover

Earth's Pain Book I - Justin's Story

Copyright© 2008 by Fogster73

Chapter 2: New friends and enemies

I awoke in the morning with the headache to end all headaches' man it was bad, I sat up and got out of bed and stopped. It was then I realized I was not in my trailer and this was not my bed. I looked around until I saw Patricia on another table and walked over to her; I put my hand on her shoulder and gently shook her. She opened her eyes and grabbed her head and looked at me.

"Ya I know bad headache, me to."

"What the heck is going on where are we." she said looking around.

"That is a good question and I have no idea, this sure is not my trailer."

I looked around and couldn't see a door, or anything besides the two tables.

"Hello can anyone here me!" I yelled.

"I can help you what do you require." a voice said.

"Where are we and how did we get here?"

"You were involved in an accidental cave in where you were camping; we were responsible for the cave in and then your injuries because of the cave in. We thought it our responsibility to repair you. You are currently on the Fuser Prime a class 3 galaxy ship operated by the POG group." the voice said.

Well I thought that's not so nice to know, I don't remember any cave in I thought to myself.

"Will we be released back to our home?"

"A representative has been notified and will be here to discuss that with you momentarily."

A few minutes later the side of the room opened and a person walked in, well he looked normal enough to me. His head and hands may be a bit larger than normal but not to noticeably.

"Good I'm glad you are awake, my name is Sped, is there anything you require right away?"

"Yes both of us feel sick are heads hurt too much to think."

"Ok the Doc is taking care of that now you should feel better shortly. Now let me explain why you are here. We the POG group started building a listening post on your planet, during this operation there was an accident and you were involved in a cave in. You see the post we were building was underground and you were directly over it. When the portion of ground collapsed you fell into the cavern, you were both wounded and dying. We brought you to this ship and healed you, along with the two animals with you."

"So we were involved in an accident caused by you? And you brought us back to health, because you didn't want to be responsible for our deaths?"

"Yes that is correct we felt responsible."

"Ok so what about now can you put us back where we were?"

"Unfortunately that is not an option; this situation poses a few problems. When we repaired you the computer used our bodies as a template, so although you look human you are not 100% human. The repairs done to you left you with some of our physiology mixed with yours. You are both still completely functional your children would be 100% human, the problem is with what the computer did to your body to keep you alive. If the people of your planet were to find you and study you it would change the entire future of your planet, I hope you understand this?"

"So you pull us from our home and heal us because of your mistake, then to thank us for understanding you tell us we can never return home?"

"Not exactly, it was the officers of this ship who decided you had to go with them and never return home. They could not take the chance of either of you being discovered. However I have another option for you it is not a great option, but I think its better."

"Well I'm listening go ahead." I said

"The Outpost needs someone to remain to keep it operational, one of us was going to do the job. However if you would be willing to do this job for us, we would allow you to return to the planet. There is a downside however; you would never be able to leave the Outpost you would need to stay in it for the rest of your life's."

I sat on the table next to Patricia and tried to think of a way out of this, "Can we talk for a bit, can we call you back in a while?"

"Certainly just ask the computer for me." he said and left.

Sped left and we just sat there looking at each other, I don't know what to do, our life's are basically over I thought.

"What kind of place is this outpost, if we have to spend the rest of our life's there? I don't know if I could handle it, I would feel trapped." Patricia said.

'Well I think the first question is simple, do we stay in the post or go with them?"

"Stay no question."

"Ok I agree, so the next question is what we are going to be staying in. I have an idea."

"Computer can you hear me."

"I can what do you require."

"Can you show me a picture of the Observation Post that is being built on the planet?"

"Yes certainly."

The screen on the wall lit up and showed a representation of the post. We were able to manipulate it to see all areas from all directions. I asked the computer for an inventory list and equipment list of everything the post would carry. Who would want to live here forever I thought to myself. Hmm I wonder.

"Computer, who was going to be left on the planet originally before we got involved."

"Technician Sped"

I laughed out loud and Patricia just looked at me, I smiled at her. That Sped is a 100% prick.

"Computer what would my rights be taking into account that I am human, if one of the life forms on this ship attempted to kill me."

"The POG group does not allow interaction with species like yours except in emergencies, the one involved in the unauthorized termination would be terminated. The ramifications of this would hurt the POG group if the information got out."

"Computer I wish to speak to the commander of the ship, please tell him it is urgent."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.