Magic - Cover

Magic

Copyright© 2008 by Lazlo Zalezac

Chapter 63

The little metal statue of Suzie danced in Sean’s hand. He had found that a paper clip and a bit of magic made a nice little statue. He put the statue on the table by his bed and watched it walk around. He sighed wishing that the real Suzie was there with him. He had to spend the night in the hospital because of his concussion.

For the tenth time that morning, he picked up the latest copy of the newspaper. His mother’s picture was on the front page. At least they had the decency to blur out the private bits. He sighed and said, “That’s another one for her collection.”

His mother entered the room. Seeing that he was looking at the newspaper, she said, “I wish they would use my official publicity picture. I look so stupid in that picture with my breasts blurred out.”

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Sean said.

“Did you read the article?”

Sean said, “Yes.”

“I thought it was a pretty good. That whole bit about me being a distraught mother sounded kind of ... I don’t know ... motherly,” she said.

“Right,” Sean said shaking his head.

“No one has ever said that I was motherly before.”

“I wonder why,” Sean said.

His mother said, “I don’t know. I do have tosay that I really liked that article.”

Sean asked, “You don’t think that bit about you being engaged in a sex party was in bad taste?”

“It is better that people think that then having them learn the truth,” his mother said.

“Why do you think that having people believe you were having a sex party with Suzie’s parents is a good thing?” Sean asked. He could only imagine what Suzie had experienced at school that day. It was tough enough being a teenager without having an article in the newspaper about your parents being swingers.

His mother said, “Can you imagine what would happen if people found out there were leprechauns running around in our backyard? We’d have so many people chasing them that Suzie’s mother and I would never have a chance of catching Liam.”

“That actually makes sense,” Sean said.

“I knew you would understand,” his mother said with a smile.

“How did Dad react to that bit?” Sean asked.

His mother answered, “He wanted to know why he wasn’t invited to the party.”

“That sounds like Dad,” Sean said shaking his head.

“He was so disappointed. I guess we’re going to start doing movies in the backyard again. At least the weather is warmer,” his mother said.

“What?” Sean asked.

“We’re going to have to enlarge the parking area in the backyard. I never realized that we had so many interesting neighbors,” his mother said. “I’ve been getting calls all morning. You wouldn’t believe the kinds of invitations that we’ve gotten.”

“I don’t want to hear about it,” Sean said.

“Max’s mother called and wanted to know if we would come over for a visit one night,” his mother said.

“Why would they invite you over?” Sean asked. He regretted asking the question even before the words were out of his mouth.

“She mentioned something about a leather and lace party,” his mother said.

“I don’t want to hear about that,” Sean said putting his hands over his ears.

“Coach Slaughter called. He wanted to know if we’d be interested in working out in his private gym. He mentioned that it was clothing optional,” his mother said.

“No, no, no,” Sean said.

“What’s the matter?”

Sean asked, “Can we change the subject?”

“To what?” his mother asked.

“How about we talk about me?” Sean asked.

“I can do that. According to the newspaper, I’m a motherly kind of person,” his mother said.

Sean looked at her.

After a minute, she asked, “How do I start?”

“You might ask me how I’m feeling,” Sean answered.

“So how are you feeling?”

Sean answered, “Not very well.”

“What’s the matter?” she asked.

“I keep finding out things about people that I don’t want to know,” Sean said.

His mother said, “That’s all part of growing up.”

“That is a part of growing up that I don’t want to experience,” Sean said.

His mother noticed the little statue walking around on the table. She leaned over and examined it carefully. She said, “That looks like Suzie.”

“I know,” Sean said.

“She’s naked,” his mother said.

“Uh, yes.”

“My little boy is growing up. I’m so proud of you,” his mother said patting him on the arm.

“Uh, thanks,” Sean said.

An awkward silence descended on the room. Much to their relief, Suzie’s mother entered the room.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.