The Author - Cover

The Author

Copyright© 2008 by dak

Chapter 15

Camelot

We rode together side by side, Marian and I, we were following a river through farm lands, there was a rode we were following, we had gotten up early, we had traveled through plains for a few hours, just now coming toward farmlands. I spotted the knight on a horse waiting by the side of the road, we slowed as we approached him.

The knight held up his hand to us.

"Halt travelers" He said.

We stopped, I unslung my weapon looking at him.

"Yes Sir Knight?" I said.

"I have been ordered by the Lord of this land to come to this road, and await a brave traveler and his companion." He said.

I raised an eyebrow at him and looked to Marian, she shrugged at me.

"Who is this lord Good Sir?" Marian said.

"Lord Merlin the wise, he bid me come and wait this mourn for the brave traveler, saying he may be the one to fill the Siege Perilous." He said.

Marian looked at me in surprise than she looked back at the knight.

"Your Lord Merlin may be correct Sir Knight." She said excitedly.

Wait what? I thought to myself I gave Marian a questioning look, she just ignored me.

"Lead on Sir Knight, we shall gladly go." She said.

Marian led her horse on to follow the knight, I looked at her for a second and shrugged nudging my horse forward.


The three of us never noticed the the wounded man walking the trail far behind us as we went, he had his sword in hand, and arrow sticking from his shoulder blade, he had traveled many miles, losing his horse to bandits on the road, he had defeated them all single handedly. He had stopped to rest by the river and tend to his wounds, if he had waited to rest he would of beat us to the road.

"Galahad, when will you ever learn you are not invincible." He sighed to himself wiping the sweat from his vow.

"Still Galahad old boy you need to get the word to Lord Merlin of the boy of royal blood." He said to himself.


The Outskirts of Camelot.


"What?!" I Said to Marian as we followed the knight.

"The Knight who sits in the Siege Perilous is the knight who will find the Holy grail." She said.

The knight looked back at us for a second.

"No no no no, there is no way in hell Marian." I whispered to her.

She shook her head.

"My Good Sir Knight, there is none in the land braver than you, obviously Merlin has seen this" She said.

"Marian, I am not here to quest for the grail." I whispered.

She shook her head.

"It is not said that you will, it is said that the brave knight will be the one to find it, who is to say in your quest that you wont cross paths with the grail?" She said.

Something was bothering me, I knew little of the Arthurian legend, what I knew came from the disney movie, and they had never mentioned the grail in it, but I new something from somewhere that was bothering me about the Siege Perilous, perhaps it was the perilous part of the name. Maybe Marian was right, it was conceivable in my search for the sword I would run across the the grail.

"Okay, we will see what Merlin wants." I said weary.

Marian smiled at me.

"I have faith in you my Knight." She said.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.