The Author - Cover

The Author

Copyright© 2008 by dak

Chapter 14

Elsewhere.

"Someone is interfering with our realm." The voice in the void between universes spoke.

"Who would be so bold? Or stupid sir?" The man spoke, kneeling before the portal.

"I have an idea who." The voice said.

"Of course sir, what is it you require of me?" The man said.

"I want you to be alert for any changes, things out of place." The voice said.

"Out of place sir?" The man said.

"You will know what I mean when you see it." The voice said.

"Yes sir." The man said.

"He is gaining strength, I fear we have moved to a new stage of this little game." The voice said.

"I shall do my best sir." The man said.

"You always have, you have been my best champion thus far." The voice said, sealing the portal.

The man stood, dusting off his knees, wondering what he should be looking for.


The forest on the road to Camalot.

The explosion knocked me off my feet, I lay on the ground laughing.

"Marian! I told you to not shoot so near to us!" I shouted.

I stood up looking over at Marian on the ground, her face was covered with dirt, she was ghostly white holding the still smoking grenade launcher.

"I ... I ... didn't expect such force, I saw what it could do from far away my Knight..." She said shaking.

I stood and walked over to her, taking the launcher, I looked to wear the deer had been.

"well the good news is we wont have to cook the meat, the bad news is we might have to search for it for awhile, How about we try out the rifle this time?" I said.

Marian nodded vigorously.

"I enjoy that weapon much more Sir Knight." She said.

I looked around, and listened, trying to target more prey for us to hunt.

"Well unfortunately we may have scarred off what ever deer we could hunt, next time try to use the concussion of the explosion to knock the deer down" I said.

With unlimited ammo and a long trip on horse back you would be surprised what you try to pass the time, it had been my idea to try hunting deer with the grenade launcher, the process still had several kinks to work out.

Marian and I walked to our horses we had stashed further in the woods, they were slowly becoming accustomed to the unusual sounds we often made, we had set up camp before we had gone to play with the toys, so I pulled some of the provisions from my pack and handed them to Marian, she began to prepare for our meal using the salted meat we had stored earlier.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.