The Author - Cover

The Author

Copyright© 2008 by dak

Chapter 12

I spent the next week working with Marian on the various weapons I had brought with me, all of them modified by my benefactor to have self replenishing ammo, we had traveled into the woods with my large duffel, this was the one with all my heavy ordinance, it was two heavy to be carried by one person, but thanks to my enhancements I had no problem lifting it. We stopped when I felt we had traveled far enough away from the camp, I placed the duffel down and begin sorting through. Suddenly I found something new in the bag I had not placed in it, it was an MGL-140 grenade launcher with a note attach saying "Have fun", I started laughing hysterically.

Marian looked at me as if I had gone mad, she put a hand on my shoulder.

"My Knight, what is wrong?"

I pulled the MGL-140 out of the duffel shaking my head.

"Absolutely nothing My lady, my boss has a sick sense of humor is all."

I pointed at a tree around 100 yards away, and pulled the trigger 3 times. Marian fell to the ground as the three grenades all detonated, blowing the large tree into little splinters.

"thats what Im talking about" I said as I blew smoke from the barrel of the launcher.

I noticed Marian trembling on the floor.

"I am sorry my Lady, I should of warned you."

I reached down to help her up.

"What kind of witch craft is that My Lord?"

Marian was trembling, apparently being able to rain explosions down on a tree called for a promotion from Knight to lord.

"It is not witch craft my Lady, I guess you could call it alchemy."

she nodded slowly.

"I have heard of such things, people turning rocks into gold, but I had never seen it."

I nodded.

"I don't know about that, but it blows shit up pretty good, I think I just found the welcome wagon for our Good Prince."

Marian looked at me strangely at calling the prince good, these people didn't get sarcasm.

"Marian, good prince go boom" I said, she looked to the tree and at my launcher, realization dawning on her face, she smiled wickedly.

"Lets go tell Robin, my lady."

I slung the launcher over my shoulder, and we back tracked the long trek back to Robins camp, once we where back I found Robin, it took only one shot into a nearby tree for him to agree to my superior plan, he ordered three horse prepared, we packed up supplies and headed out that very night.

Robin, Marian and I rode out to intercept Prince John and his troops, we figured it would take few days to cross paths with him. We rode swiftly only stopping to eat and sleep, on the third day I stopped to talk to Robin.

"Robin how far can you actuarially shoot an arrow?"

He pulled out his bow and fired, I watched it hit a tree about 200m away, I nodded, good, my Launcher could shoot about 400m, I could take out the Prince with out being at too much risk.

"Robin this is what we are going to do when we encounter the Prince." I told him my plan.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.