The Author - Cover

The Author

Copyright© 2008 by dak

Chapter 11

After eating breakfast with Marian, I left her to her own devices and went off in search of the Friar. I found him in the healers tent, one of the larger structures in the camp it was set up with 4 beds to treat the injured, 3 of the beds held the men I had shot, the Last having the Friar. The healer herself being simply an older women with much experience with injuries, she nodded to me when I entered, the Friar smiled at me when he saw me, he motioned me over, he noticed the frown from some of the other men and looked at me as I pulled up a seat next to him while the healer went to work on something else.

"I have heard the story from these men of how you first came to our humble camp, my son they would have me believe you are in league with the Devil himself."

He held up a hand to stop me from speaking at that.

"You have rescued myself and my Cousin Lady Marian, I've seen the good you have done, what ever magic's you posses I see that you use them for good and surely are not in league with the devil as he would not allow you to kill his agents with his own magic."

I frowned thinking on how to answer that.

"Friar I use no magic, it is simple science, all be it far more advance then what you see"

I saw his puzzled look.

"You know that an arrow flies when shot from a bow correct? Well my gear is a much much more advanced form of that, In fact it is very common where I come from."

He frowned at that.

"What a terrible land that must be to need such weapons?"

I nodded.

"It can be Friar, but with everything there is good along with the bad. As for the devil I don't know him, BUT I do work for a higher power, and He has sent me on a quest for an ancient relic, I was told you might be knowledgeable in this?"

He nodded.

"I see so you are an agent of the divine, and you are on a holy quest!"

He smiled at me and I was not going to correct him.

"I know of a few artifacts that might be of importance my Son, One is the chalice that our Savior used on the Night before he was sacrificed, That has been lost for all time though and I know not where you could find it."

I frowned, I better not be looking for the god damn holy grail.

"Next Friar?"

He nodded

"There is a land not far from here, they lost their king many years ago and no Heir was ever found. IT is a just and strong kingdom, no other King has dared to invade it as a powerful Mage has taken to rule the kingdom while they wait for an heir. It is said that in a cave in that land there is a stone, In that stone a sword was placed by the previous King. Who ever can remove the sword will be the new King, it is said the sword is an ancient artifact made from the nails that pierced our savior."

OH man, mother fucking Excalibur what did the boss have me getting into, I nodded to the Friar having a feeling this was it.

"Anything else?"

He thought for a moment

"those are the only two that come to mind"

I nodded

"Thank you Friar if there is anything you need let me know"

He grabbed my arm

"One thing My Son, Protect my Cousin"

I nodded grabbing his hand.

"I promise on my Honor"

I left the tent, as I was leaving I noticed Robin by the fire with a group of his men, I walked over, and he pointed to me.

"Now that our friend The Knight has arrived we can start this meeting"

The knight? When the hell did they start calling me that, I noticed Marian of to the side smiling at me, I guess she was the cause of that. Robin began his speech on strategy, his idea was to attack the soldiers before they arrived in Nottingham, while they still traveled the roads, I could see no flaw in his plan. I raised my hand.

"Robin I see no flaw in the plan, And I offer to be the one to attack the front of the convoy, I have a surprise that should prevent them from continuing forward."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.