The Author - Cover

The Author

Copyright© 2008 by dak

Chapter 7

I awoke from my dream to find the man in the Hawaiian shirt sitting in my room, he had a baby carrier on his chest with an infant in it. The scene was vaguely reminiscent to the one I had experienced with him not to long ago, of course last time it was sans baby. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and looked over at him, sitting up in bed, he rocked the baby in the chair, while looking at me.

"wakey wakey eggs and bakie"

I frowned.

"Huh?"

he smiled.

"look kid, situations changed, I need an answer from you now."

I pointed at the baby.

"What's with the baby?"

he looked down.

"OH well you know how it is, I was picking up the kids for the weekend, one thing led to another and well, kid number 3. Like I was saying, the situation has changed and I have an opportunity to exploit."

I nodded.

"And if I decided not to take you up on the offer?"

He shook his head.

"then I plop you back to your world at the exact moment I pulled you from it, its not the fall that kills yah but the sudden stop and all that."

I nodded, I had expected as such.

"Ok then my answer is Yes."

He clapped his hands.

"Good man, Now here is the deal, there is this world I want to mess with, now normally I couldn't touch it, But it seems the default all powerful being of that world took to wandering into some of mine. That gives me an in to enter this world of his, I cant go there myself, once there I would lose some of my abilities. I can how ever send an agent to fuck with the people there."

He smiled at me.

"Namely you kid."

I nodded again.

"So what do I have to do?"

"Well here's the thing kid, My powers are limited there, so I can send you with some physical enhancements, but nothing much else, you see physics are about the same there as where you come from, so pretty vanilla. As long as there are no extraordinary powers we should be cool with straight physical stuff, oh and like I said physics are the same so Id suggest you collect some supplies to take with you."

I nodded, he continued.

"The world is pretty back water, knights and shit like that kid, think king Arthur shit, swords, arrows" he mumbled "dragons"

my ears perked up.

"Excuse me?"

He pretended not to hear me and made baby sounds to the infant.

"So Kid be ready in a few hours ok, Ill teleport you there and transfer all the information you need to your phone."

With that he vanished.

"Great"

I got out of bed and went to the table, grabbing the yellow pages the hotel had in the room, I flipped through to what I needed.

"Not too far."

Once I was dressed I took advantage of the temporary powers I still had, it was a quick flight to the National Guard armory just outside of town. I landed just inside the main gate. It didn't take long before I was surrounded with soldiers, all with guns trained on me, The one in charge yelled out.

"Hands up and Drop to the fucking floor dirt bag"

I smiled at him, raising my hands.

"Sir, I really don't want to hurt you, So I suggest you drop the weapons and walk away."

He looked at me for a moment before repeating to me.

"Drop my weapons and walk away"

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.