The Author - Cover

The Author

Copyright© 2008 by dak

Chapter 5

I pulled the Iphone out of my pocket, thinking it must be a joke, but sure enough there was the app. I tapped it and up popped a Shareware window asking that I make a choice within the trial period of 15 days. I clicked the not yet button and a timer went up for 10sec, it counted down before putting on a screen with several colorful choices. One said environment, one said politics, one said self, and the last one said people.

"hmmmmm"

I clicked on Environment, which opened up several more options from wind to temp, humidity, precipitation, and various other odds and ins. The last one said natural disaster, I clicked it curious, the list started at Asteroid, and ended with Zombie a few hundred options later. I sat at a bus bench a little over whelmed.

I clicked on the one that said self, The was several sections just from my brain, ranging from quick wit, to IQ, as well as a list for type of knowledge. I went to another section, one said Ability's and was a check list that I could just push.

"hmmmmmm"

Invisibility check, strength check, speed check, Flying check, I maxed the slider out on all the cool powers great. I took one step and I ended up flying through the bottom floor of a downtown high rise, I tried to brace myself against a wall and then m hands tore right through it as I fell forward I try to land with my hands palm down, all I did was cause myself to bounce straight up through the center of the building, I was still flying upwards when I saw the building collapse in on it self as I flew.

I decided to do nothing to alter my course or directory, clearly I had underestimated the level of power I was going to be given. Eventually I landed in the on the outskirts of the city. I didn't try to move as an movement with super speed and strength caused massive damage, so I lay there, again Invisible, waiting again...

I saw a waitress walking buy on her way to a nearby bus stop.

"Hey Ma'am"

she stopped and looked around frightened

"Ma'am over her I, I need some help!"

She walked over toward the sound of my voice.

"Whose there? I don't see anybody"

"Ma'am its going to be hard to believe but I am right here, right below you, put your foot out and you will hit me"

She raised an eyebrow and did

"WHAT THE FUCK!"

"Yes Ma'am I am here, Im sorry but I. I ... just need a favor"

She looked stunned for a minute

"what kind of favor"

"Well I have a device in my pocket, that makes me invisible, but I cant reach it, I need someone to turn it off"

she looked at where the sound was coming from

"Your shitting me right?"

I sighed

"no Ma'am, its just been a really long day for me"

she laughed

"You and me Both"

She kneeled down and grabbed at my coat

"Yes there, right in the pocket the phone, yes yes that's it"

she pulled it out

"An Iphone? That's whats doing this?"

I laughed

"yep hard to believe, can you push the exit button on that app?"

She nodded

"sure thing bub"

She did, and in a second I was back to normal, I stood up.

"Oh thank god, you are a life saver"

she smiled.

"So what are you, some kind of space man"

She held out the phone, I took it back

"Not really more of I guess an Angel or demon now, seeing how I am trying out for the job of working for a higher power."

She burst out laughing

"They hold job interviews for that?!?! Where to they list those adds?"

I smiled at that

"Probably suicide hotlines"

She frowned

"You ok there guy?"

I nodded

"am now, Tell you what, since I am new at this what can I do for you? A boon for helping me"

She shook her head

"naw I did nothing"

I Held up my hand

"Please let me do something for you, you're a waitress, I can assume you need money right? Let me see what I can do"

She raised an eyebrow at me

A Moment later I found what I needed, and A lotto ticket appeared in my hand.

"Here you go Ma'am, one winning lotto ticket."

She looked stunned as she saw it appear in my hand

"You are fucking with me right?"

"No Ma'am its legit, check on the news the building that fell down, that was me on accident, I am for real"

She took the ticket, I smiled at her.

"Knocked down a building and then give out a lotto ticket, Angel or demon bub?"

I smiled

"I wish I knew"

She smiled back

"You like to get a cup of coffee?"

"Sure, lead the way"

And thus ended my first night on the job...

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.