Chronos Chronicles
Chapter 29

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

Cleaning up

Inside the bathhouse are the rest of the Protectors. They are stripping out of their soiled clothing. Seth blushes when I come in but no one comments at my appearance, so I just pull off the blood encrusted clothes along with the rest. If I weren't so tired, I think I might have even enjoyed the sight of all those well honed bodies. But tonight I am just looking for a bath, like the rest of the group.

I follow when everyone troops through the far door to a sunken bath, I thought I had gone to heaven. Oh my, such luxuries. I climb in next to Saber. Wincing every step.

"You alright Nosis?" Seattle asks. I guess I must look particularly awful.

I wave and smile. "Just tired." I say as I sink into the water a little farther. "Too much energy used and I missed dinner." That gets everyone to smile.

"I hear ya little lady" Bunyan snorts. "A growing boy like me needs to eat."

"Pshaw, I do believe you could stand to miss a few meals Bunyan." Holiday makes fun of his large physique.

Bunyan swats some water at him.

I join in the laughter.

"What now?" I quietly ask Saber. "I mean other than the sleep for a week part."

He gives me a careful snort, so as not to get water up his nose.

"I did like your idea of helping those women, you know." He relaxes into the water. "But I am not sure when we can get to it."

"Hmm. That is right, you have an assignment from Melville." I remember the talk from my first day here.

"So what city does he want you to go to anyway?" If I wasn't so tired I would be burning up with curiously.

"St. Louis." He mumbles out. I turn to see why he sounds so strange. He is sinking into the water, half asleep.

"We are in Missouri?" I ask in disbelief.

How long will it take me to get back home. Weeks, months. If there even is a home. I sigh as I too, sink into the water. This whole adventure has been unexpected. Seeing as how I don't have any cultural information I should just learn to expect the unexpected. It will be like my early days of training. Hopefully this will be without the painful removal of body parts.

In my restful state, I hear someone calling my name. I open my eyes to see the wavy image of my master. I blink at the image, it waves a little more. Vashe, I blink in surprise. Oh dear this is not good. I shake my head, this time I am fully awake to hear someone call my name.

"Chronos."

It is Saul, standing at the edge of the bath tub.

"Chronos, I have been looking for you." He looks at me with worry, as he crinkles his brows together.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.