Chronos Chronicles - Cover

Chronos Chronicles

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 18

"It's Gwen. Just before the fighting started." Godiva spills out, the fear mounting in her voice to make it shrill and painful. "Three of them came," She starts to cry as she repeats what she has seen "they wanted to 'Get one up on Coop'. They held her at gun point and told her to go with them."

"Damn!" I swear silently to myself. "It is going to be alright," brushing Godiva's tears away. " 'Diva, you did -real- good by telling me." Trying to calm her down, I inform her. "The Kindred are here in force."

I have to think fast. Gwen could be in real trouble. "You know this place really well?" I ask, trying to be patient with her. But I may have been a little brisk with her as Godiva cringes back from me.

"I just want you to tell me where they would have taken her?" I can see Godiva cracking with the pressures I am bring to bear, she has had a hard time for the last 5 years and now, as her chance at escape comes along, her friend has been taken. She is faced with the impossible.

"Can you get her back?" Stasia breaks in, she too. is worried about her friend.

"Yes," I answer her with confidence. "But I need to know where to look." my frustration leaks out at her as well, but Anastasia is used to getting things done.

She takes Godiva by the shoulders and gives her a hug. Hitting my forehead with my palm, Now why didn't I think of that. I am so used to force, I have forgotten what a little kindness can do.

"Diva, you heard her, she saved Maggie, she can bring Gwen back too." She says gently to the older woman. "Please, think, where are they taking her?"

Godiva, sniffles a little, takes a couple of deep breaths, then looks over at me. She wants so much to believe.

"There are some cells that have doors, they are way in the third building, in the basement." She looks strained after telling me this, but calmer. Now all her hopes are pinned on me.

"Good, very good" I say with a nod and a gentle smile toward her. "Get everyone ready, we are out of here when I get back." I instruct the two of them. "Do NOT leave the building," I grip their shoulders to accent the point. "and stay low, there is a lot of sporadic gunfire out there, along with the fighting going on. And would you keep an eye on Maggie, she has had a rough time of it."

I give them my best smile to encourage them, and slip out of the building. Thanks to my survey of the grounds the night before, I know which building Godiva was talking about.

In the coming twilight, I am forced to go slow in order to avoid the fighting. I am not sure who is winning. There are more Brutes than protectors but so far the protectors have more fire power. Whatever it is, I don't want to get caught in the cross fire.

As the fates would have it, the building I needed to get to was on the far end of the prison. That was a lot of ground to cover during day light hours. I couldn't use my infrared, and my Chameleon Circuitry would do me no good out in the open. So it was up to good old fashion stealth.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.