Chronos Chronicles
Chapter 17

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

Now I make my stand. Swiftly coming out of my crouch, I start to fight in earnest. First, I grab the wolf in front of me. Reaching for it by it's throat, I give it a quick twist to snap it's neck. The second wolf to reach me gets kicked in the nose. The next, I hit upside the head with the dead wolf in my hand, stunning it. The last one I grab by its scruff and with an underhand toss, throw it up into the bleachers behind me. Somewhere in the middle of all this Maggie starts to scream, again. I do believe she thought I was really hurt. Sweet kid.

I take a moment to check out the fighting in the bleachers. It has broken out into a mass of chaotic fights. Holiday, gunning down anyone who gets in his way. Saber, with his big knives out, is slashing one on one with Coop. There are, what looks like, two more Knight's Protectors with guns as well.

Seeing they have things well in hand, I turn back to the remaining wolves. The two I wounded are now back for action, but they are a little more leery this time. Cautiously they stalk and growl in front of me. I don't have time for this. Lightening the gravity around me, I leap over them, to join Maggie at the fence.

"Come on, it looks like the fighting is just getting warmed up here." I grab her hand and pull Maggie along behind me, over to the gate at the far side of the arena. The Brute manning the gate sees us and drops the gate down with a laugh.

"Ha", I laugh back and grab the bottom part of the gate with my right arm. Breathing in the forces of wind and gravity, lightening the gates weight. With one jerk I am able to push the gate up. It goes crashing up and crumples with the extra force of the power behind my toss.

I throw Maggie in to the crawl space and climb in after her. Then the gate crashes back down behind us, cutting us off.

Spinning around, I look out through the broken slats to get one last look on what was going on in the gym.

The wolf in the bleachers is happily keeping the Brutes at bay. The Protectors have taken out more then half of the Brutes including good 'ole Coop. The two wolves in the pit are now looking for dinner. Not bad for a nights worth of planning.

I scoot Maggie behind me and start to crawl forward.

"Are you hurt? I saw you fall, Oh maker I was so scared. What happened?" Maggie's on running line of questions comes at my stoic back. Did I mention, 'Teenager'. I shake my head at that thought.

"I am fine, we are taking the back way out of here. And then we are going home." I explain over my shoulder at her.

I halt as we get to the big cage in the back. There is a second gate, this one is up, no adjustments necessary. Maggie bumps into me at my sudden stop.

"Wait a minute." I call back to her.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.