Chronos Chronicles - Cover

Chronos Chronicles

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 13

"Oh dear gods," Anastasia says in shock, somewhere behind me.

"Right, so now we know what is at stake," I say in an overly cheerful voice. "Let us now plan." Now we are getting into my territory. Rubbing my hands together as I get the ball rolling.

According to Godiva, we would be tested as a group starting first thing in the morning. It is the only reason why they had not attacked us physically, yet. The plan was for us to present a unified front. We would only be as strong as our weakest link. This way all of us would test the same, I hoped.

Next is to figure out who would be the weakest of the group and how to make sure she goes first. The trick will be to do this without making the Brutes suspicious.

I ask point blank, who everyone thought is the weakest among them. There is a lot of squawking and hedging at first, but in the end I get them to tell me who they thought was not likely to make it. All hands point to Margaret.

"Do not worry Maggie. If they are going to throw anyone to the wolves it will be me. No one likes a trouble maker." I say jokingly as try to boost her sinking morale.

"We are going to get out of this. I promise you," I added as well.

"Well I guess that is the best I'm going to get out of this," Margaret shakes her head and chews her bottom lip as she worries about her fate. "But if you are all gonna be behind me, I'll do it. But I would like very one to to this is not fair." And she slinks off to pout.

The only thing I can try to do is keep an eye on her and make sure that she is not singled out.

After we finished our talk, I decide it is time to scope out the grounds.

"Do they do a head count at night? "I ask Godiva.

"No, no one can get out." She shivers and hugs her arms around her middle. I don't think it is the thin clothing making her cold.

"Riiight," I wink and adjust my Chameleon Circuitry. Easy to fade into the woodwork if you look like it.

Godiva draws in a hissing breath. "What!"

Gwen shushes her for me. "Chronos is special. We are learning that. Good hunting my friend." Even though she sounds hopeful Gwen can't hide the worry from her face.

"Do not worry, I will be back. I still have more names to learn," I promise her.


My prowl takes me all over the grounds. What I see leaves me unimpressed. What can I say, it is a prison, chain link fence, four walls to keep the criminals in, and 3 large cinder block buildings in the center that must have housed the prisoners, as it's function suggests.

I want to know what kind of prisoners we are dealing with. My first order of business is to find out what kind of prison we are dealing with. I go looking for the old administrative offices. There is no activity in that area so I am able to move about freely.

It looks as though the place had been ransacked some hundred years ago. Nevertheless I am able to find some prisoner listings. By and large it is bad. Murderers, rapists, some con-artists and armed robbery. No light weights, and now we have to deal with their misguided descendants. Lucky us.

After finding the information that I was looking for, I decide it is time to see what our captors are up to. How are they managing to keep busy with a house full of new women. I am curious, would Coop's law hold, for a night.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.