Chronos Chronicles - Cover

Chronos Chronicles

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 12

The rest of the walk is just as boring as the first part, but I am grateful to know that Annie escaped at some point during my outburst the day earlier ... If we were as close to the Brute's home base as I thought, she could lead her friends back and follow the trail of debris that the ladies had left.

It is night fall when we come to walls. It looks like a prison. All high walls and barbed wire. And very ugly. No wonder these guys are brutes. We are hustled into a badly built building of the old guard house, untied, and told to wait.

I in turn examine the building we are in. It has a small front room and an even smaller room in the back. To my surprise the back room is occupied, with, that's right, more women. Mostly looking frightened and battered. It isn't looking too good here for the rest of us.

"Who are you?" an older woman asks as she hustles forth to greet us. "Are you new?" she asks kindly. She looks like she is about 65, but seeing how badly the rest of the women looked she could have easily been 30.

"I am Chronos." I say and add, "Yes we are new. And no, we really do not want to stay," I close with that remark to see if she can be of help. She looks like she might have a little spirit left.

"Oh dear." She sighs into her hand, her eyes full of sympathy and pain.

"Godiva?" Gwen identifies the older woman, as she followed me into the back.

"Guinevere?" The old lady is astonished.

"You Kindred?" I ask as I squinted at her looking for the beautiful lady on horse back.

A beautiful and sad smile blooms over Godiva's face. "Yes. Oh sweet founder, I didn't mean for this to happen." She starts to cry, and takes Gwen's face in her hands. "They raided the Compound?" she asks Gwen.

"Two days ago." Gwen gently starts to wipe the tears off Diva's face. "Diva, what are you doing here? we thought you were dead."

"It is a long story," she says. "I feel like I'm been dead all this time."

"Just give us the abridged version." I say trying to hurry things along. We have now drawn an audience of Kin and the sad women in the house.

"What can we expect from these Brutes?" I am trying not to be abrupt, but we need information fast.

"Oh I don't know where to begin." Diva worries her bottom lip.

I gathered my patience. I need her to focus, not to be emotional, she can have a breakdown when we get her out of here.

I push Gwen aside and take Godiva by the arms. Looking deep into her eyes I ask, "Godiva, focus. Here are the Kindred." I tilt my head to the ladies in the doorway. Her eyes follow my glance.

"And there are the remains." I look pointedly at the sad women huddled on the floor of the cabin. "Do You Want, your kin to be like that?" I push, I admit it, I push a little. But I need what she can tell me.

She gives a little shake of her head. And draws a breath. "NO!"

She stands a little straighter and a very determined gleam comes into her eyes.

"No, never!"

I release her. I give her my best, atta girl smile. "Alright then. Let us be seated, and you can tell us your tale."

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.