Chronos Chronicles
Chapter 11

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

It is another day of marching for us. I am tired of all this rush, rush, rush that the kidnapers are forcing on us. They way they are hurrying us along you would think they were afraid of getting caught. I am not too worried about myself, but I think this marching is starting to takes its toll on the ladies. I get a couple of dirty looks from the women around me. But Gwen cools all of them, with a single glare. She and Saber will make quite the pair.

It is around sunset, my second, when these brutes finally let us stop for another rest. There is no time to take in it's beauty, so sadly I don't enjoy it as much as I did my first.

We are afforded no privacy, the men watch us all the time the kin find it disturbing, I know I am not feeling particularly comfortable either. They are like sharks: circling, waiting. We all need to be extra careful. Never to be alone. never to look back or respond.

During this stop they took each of us aside and looked us over. Like we were a hot commodity or something. Coop really liked Gwen, but then, so did all of them.

On the other hand, I am not looking so good. My hair is starting to get a fine rats nest and with my new bruise I am less then stellar looking. I do get a nickname. I am not sure this was a good thing. I didn't get as much attention, other then to be told what happens to trouble makers. Something about a pit and wild animals. Like that would be a change from dealing with these animals.

Then we are lined up and told our fate.

"You are now property of the Brute Squad." Oh did I peg them right or what. I want to laugh. Coop goes on, "You will be tested for toughness when we get home." We must be close for him to be feeling mighty comfortable with this stopping and talking to us. "Anyone who fails will become sport." He steps up to me and frowns. "If we didn't need women, you, Greenie, would be the first of the sport." Yeah that's right keep watching me. Just like I wanted them to.

"I will bet you are a big hit with the ladies," I say with as much sarcasm as I can manage. "Did you ever try to just, date, first?"

"I don't like you, Greenie, or your mouth." He only raises his fist and shake it at me. "I'll be keeping an eye on you."

"Better make it both," I taunt him.


Anything to slow us down and give Annie more time. But he doesn't fall for it this time. He must believe he is safe and comfortable. Close to his home ground. Like gang members, all swagger and jive when they are on home ground and furtive when they are raiding in unknown places. They knew where to find the Compound but not what they were going to encounter. I file away the information.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.