Chronos Chronicles - Cover

Chronos Chronicles

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 9: Forces at work

The Kidnappers have us walk for much of the night. It is only at first light we are stopped long enough for me to assess the situation with Annie.

"It looks like they got 10 more women along with us." I whisper in her ear, as she leans on my shoulder as if needing a crutch.

"Are Gwen and Maggie awake. I haven't seen them?" she asks furtively back at me.

"I think they are in front of us, on someone shoulder. How are you holding up?" I wonder, these men were moving us at a hard pace.

"My feet are killing me, I have a dozen scrapes and I don't know what landed in my hair an hour ago," she complains good naturally.

"So, you are good," I smile at her courage. "Do you have any idea where we are?"

I need a plan. I don't have an updated satellite system telling me to the inch where I was. And this was only my second day here. Even the universe can only expect so much from a trained guardian.

"I'm not real sure, we changed directions a number of times. But mostly, the last few hours, we have been heading east." is her answer.

"That was the feeling I got too. Good. What kind of weaponry do you have?"

Annie looks a little bewilder by the question.

"I have a pocket knife and a stiff belt," she quips.

I have to smile even more, she has good spirits about this.

"Hang on to that stuff, you will need it. I would say there are 8 or so men, they must be having a hard time keeping track of all of us. I am going to test our captors," I pat her shoulder and Annie straightens up from her lean.

"Hey!" I raise my voice so the kidnappers can hear me. "I need some water" I figure I would start with a humanitarian request. A number of the women murmur their agreement.

The grubby men that have been guarding our little group look up, startled that a captive has spoken.

"Quiet, you," snaps one of the bigger ones.

It is hard to tell if he was one of the ones whom captured me or not. They are all dressed in greasy bear hides, that look like ponchos or capes. Badly sewed together leggings and they all have lanky unwashed hair and beards.

"What?, It is a simple request. Some Wa-ter-for-Us," I enunciate out my words slowly.

He does not look happy.

"You have dragged us from our family and homes," my tone of outrage increases as I go on. "Do you expect us to just roll over and take it." I put my hands on my hips. I was on a roll now. The Big one heads over to me.

"Shut your mouth," he snaps, angrily at me. "Ya green haired bitch" His beady little eyes squinting to make me out. Hum, he is near sighted, good to know.

"Water- and I will be quiet," I give a firm nod of my head. We have now attracted the attention of one of the really big men from the head of the line by this time.

"Rawlings, can't you keep your group quiet!" he roars.

"It wasn't me Coop. It was her, with the hair. She wouldn't shut her trap." Squint eye Rawlings snivels and points at me as he complains.

It seems green hair is not all the rage in these parts. Oh well, what can you do, when you are a slave to fashion.

Coop swoops down on us, he pushes Rawlings out of the way and backhands me across the face.

"Keep your fucking mouth shut!" he yells. All fire and brimstone, as if he thinks he is demon.

I almost laugh. As it is I have to let the backhand knock me to the ground so he can not see me smiling.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.