Chronos Chronicles - Cover

Chronos Chronicles

Copyright© 2008 by Joan of Acre

Chapter 3

I stop laughing, eventually, as I notice some of the residents of the compound are looking rather perturbed by my laughter, and I do sound somewhat hysterical even to my ears.

"I am all right, " I announce as I pick myself up off the ground, where I have dropped in my hysteria.

"This has been somewhat of an eventful day for me, you will have to forgive me," I address the crowd around me. I am pleased that none of the laughter comes through that time I sounded completely sober.

"Do you need medical help?" A nice young man with soft brown hair asks, as he comes over to take my arm.

"Oh no, no, no it has been that kind of a day," I explain out of hand. "I am undamaged, as you can see. It is just getting almost blown up, tossed across space and time, and ending up in someone's back yard in nothing more than my nightgown." I smile up at the young man. "Has me a little unsettled."

I notice then, that the crowed is dispersing and my three escorts have moved away from me. I really want to ask them some questions, so I start to follow them.

"Would you please come with me. I am sure we can get you something more appropriate to wear," the young man says, and he starts to pull me in a different direction.

"Look." I point at the three retreating backs. "I think I need to speak with those men."

"You shouldn't bother them right now. They have to talk to the leaders. You can talk with them later when you meet everyone," he kindly explains to me.

"Oh they are talking to your leaders, are they?" I catch on quick. I don't want to offend these people and their hospitality. But I suddenly feel strongly, that I should speak with the leaders too, so I push the young man.

"You want to introduce me to your leaders, right now." I say and move into his mind so he will feel it down to his bones. I am VERY persuasive when I want to be.

"I want to introduce you to our leaders now." The young man says, and leads me off to follow the three hunters.

I am trying to get a better look at the compound layout when a klaxon rings out.

Everyone starts running toward, what looked like, underground bunkers.

I start to let the young man drag me toward one of the bunkers, when I became aware of what is frightening these people. It looks like a thunder head only it is sickly yellow in color, and is very close to the ground.

Stopping, I pull away from my guide. I reach out with my senses. This is a vile and poisonous thing. Worse still, it is man made! I am sure of that. And it was not in the forest earlier, when we walked through, I am sure of that too. It must have been dropped recently.

When I come back from my viewing, I hear yelling and cries. At first I think they are directed at me, but they are for a little child who is entranced by the cloud's colors and lights. That cloud will kill anything in it's path.

I don't think I will be able to make it to the child with the current speed of the cloud. I raise my arms in a simple gesture of palms out, in order to gather the necessary elements. I then start to gather the winds behind me and the forces of gravity in front of the child, in order to slow the cloud down. I start to run, letting the wind give me speed.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.