Why Me - Cover

Why Me

Copyright© 2008 by Lady Slayer

Chapter 4

Stanly crawled out of bed early in the morning, not waking Lady. He got dressed and crept to the kitchen. He fixed pancakes, eggs, ham, sausage, bacon, toast, and a bowl of cut fruit. Lady woke to Stanly coming in with a tray of food. He laid the tray on the bed, sat down beside her and watched her. She stretched briefly and smiled at him, "So breakfast in bed? Thank you for doing this for me."

Looking into her eyes, he smiled, "I'm glad you are pleased with this." He sat quietly as she ate. About half way though her meal there was a knock on the door and one of the dressing girls peeped in.

Noticing the intruder at the door she waved her in, "I'm not going to need your services today. Bring me one of my mind walkers, female one." The dressing girl curtseyed and left. After a few moments the mind walker entered the room and curtseyed. Lady nodded, "In the usual room you will find Donald. He is recovering from yesterday. I want you to watch over him and make sure he is ok. His readjustment to his mind will take a few days. You know what will happen and how to take care of him."

The mind walker quietly nodded, curtseyed then left the room. Stanly looked quizzically at Lady, "What is a mind walker?"

She smiled softly, "A mind walker is someone who can enter the minds of others and usually helps them with problems. Mind slayers cause harm and are not invited into one's mind."

Starting to understand the events of yesterday Stanly asked, "So you went into Donald's mind yesterday?"

She nodded, then as Stanly was about to ask another question she put her fingers to his lips silencing him. He knew no more was to be said about it. Once she was done eating she handed the still half full tray to Stanly, "Have the rest of it. Would you like to know about the one you now serve?"

Gently taking the tray,. he smiled, "Yes my lady, very much."

As he started to eat, Lady started her tale, "In the beginning there was darkness. Then, there came a time when light started to grow in the heart of darkness. Darkness neither understanding nor wanting the light, threw it out of itself. Light was very hurt by this act and returned to darkness to plead with it. They finally became joined but still separate. Out of the union between light and darkness can two entities, Creator and Chaos. Creator, with light's help made the realm that we call Arcainea. Once Arcainea was made, Light, Creator, Chaos and Darkness took physical form and every thing grew. In time this attracted the attention of other Gods from other realms. Darkness and Creator being jealous of the mortals' attention to the other Gods, went to battle against them. Light banished them after two of the new Gods died. Darkness and Creator are now kept in their own dimensional prison. Light married Ra and had children. The first-born was Wind Runner. Have you heard of Wind Runner?

Stanly nodded, "She is the leader of the council of Arcainea and your sister, right?"

Lady nodded, "Yes, but she is more then my sister. Before the psychic wars, we were one person. Her trials of family and love are well known. I am her anger, rage, pain. I am all her dark thoughts and painful memories. As she is exalted for being good, I am every part of her that is not. Do you understand?"

He nodded with a shocked look on his face, "What about your other sister Shadow? Is she a fragment also?"

She nodded, "Yes and the only other piece of us. Wind, Shadow and I are truly one person. Do you understand my pain now?"

He bowed his head, "Yes, I do."

Lady continued, "I have become everything that I am because of the pain and anger of Wind."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.