A Cautious Man - Cover

A Cautious Man

Copyright© 2008 by Coaster2

Chapter 22

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 22 - From boyhood to maturity, Bill Orton was a cautious but very successful man. Successful in every respect except his relationships with the women in his life. Would he ever find what he was looking for?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Cheating   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Slow  

Tex Langhorn came striding into Bill's office late Monday morning and stopped short as he saw a second guest in the room. He had never seen the woman before, but she was "a looker" for sure.

"Tex, this is Zena Wildman, a very special friend of mine," Bill began. "She has a problem that we need to help her with."

"Hello, Zena, nice to meet you," the big security man offered. Zena nodded and smiled at the friendly face.

They sat, sipping coffee that Vera had provided earlier and making small talk for the first five minutes. Tex got the immediate impression from Bill that Zena was a very important person in his life, and with his unfortunate experience with Marion, something special was required. He would wait for Bill to fill him in.

"Zena, why don't you fill Tex in on Roger Traubel. Just tell him what you told me on Saturday night," Bill finally said, getting down to business.

Zena retold the story of her "boyfriend" and his abusive behavior as well as his troubles with the police. She also told him of the call from the Darion Police to warn her of the rumor of Roger's threat. It was at that point that Bill took over.

"Tex, I need to know everything there is to know about Roger Traubel. We need to find a way to neutralize him and do it in such a way as there is no tie to Zena, or for that matter, to you and me."

"Got it. I'll get started this morning. Zena, can I ask you some questions about this guy. You can probably help me cut my search short with some information."

"You're not going to kill him, are you?" she asked in alarm.

"No, nothing like that," Tex answered quickly. "We're pretty sure guys like him have history with other people and that's what we'll be looking for. He didn't just become a monster when he met you, I can assure you," he said with a big smile.

Zena relaxed again. She was feeling confident that these men could help. She wanted Roger out of her life and never to bother her again. She just didn't want him killed or even have something violent happen to him. It would be committing the same crime as he committed against her.

Tex and Zena talked for another ten minutes with Tex taking notes as he probed her for information on her tormentor. Bill watched and listened without interrupting them. Finally, Tex leaned back in his chair and looked at Bill.

"I think I've got everything I need to get started, Boss. I'll keep you posted with everything I learn."

"Do we need to move Zena?" Bill asked.

"Maybe, but let me find out what's up with Traubel first. No need to cause Ms. Wildman any more stress than necessary. I'll make sure she's protected in the meantime," he promised.

"Thanks, Tex. I'll look forward to hearing whatever you can find out," Bill said.

Tex left the office and Bill came around his desk to Zena. He crouched before her, taking her hands in his.

"It's going to be OK, Zena. Tex is an expert. He'll find out what Roger is up to and put a stop to it. You can count on him."

"I can count on you too, Bill, can't I?" she asked hopefully.

"Of course. You're too important to me to have anything happen to you." He pulled her to him and, on his knees, he embraced her, kissing her passionately. It was their first truly private moment together, and it brought back all the memories of the past that Bill had saved in that hidden place in his heart. Their dinner on Saturday evening had ended awkwardly when he took her home and they held each other, not knowing what the other expected at that moment. A soft kiss and a promise to see each other soon -- it ended there. The recreation of their first date was incomplete.

Bill drove Zena to her office at City Ford and walked with her, holding her hand as they crossed the showroom floor. She stopped as she entered her office and turned to him.

"Thank you, Bill. I feel better now. I was frightened and I really didn't know what I would do if Roger came back ... if he found me. I don't think I can put my mind to another relationship until this is resolved. I can't seem to think about anything else. I'm sorry, Bill. I wish I could just let go and we could start again, but until this ... cloud is gone, I can't relax and be myself. I hope you understand."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.