A Cautious Man - Cover

A Cautious Man

Copyright© 2008 by Coaster2

Chapter 21

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 21 - From boyhood to maturity, Bill Orton was a cautious but very successful man. Successful in every respect except his relationships with the women in his life. Would he ever find what he was looking for?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Cheating   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Slow  

"Do you still have the lovely black dress you wore on our first date?" Bill asked Zena when she answered the phone.

"No Bill, I don't keep my clothes that long," she laughed.

"Too bad. It was very sexy and it made you look even more beautiful. That's the dress that made me fall in love with you," he said seriously.

"Well, it wouldn't fit anyway, but I do have another one that isn't too different. Maybe I'll wear that one."

"Excellent idea. I have another restaurant in mind. I want to show you off. I want everyone to see the beautiful Zena Wildman."

"Easy now, Bill. It's just a date and it is twenty years later, remember."

"They have a dance floor, Zena. I've even learned to dance since we first met. I'm sure I won't step on your toes."

"OK, Bill. That does sound like fun. When do you want to go?"

"Well, I was going to suggest now, but it's a bit early. How about I pick you up at seven at your place? I'll borrow Junior's new red pickup and we can recreate our first date." He was still on the high that seeing Zena earlier in the day and wanted to be with her right away.

"You're not going to take no for an answer, are you?" She smiled, knowing it was a statement of fact.

"Nope. Don't tell me you don't really want to go out with me?" He was only partly kidding. They had just been together for a few minutes earlier in the day, and it dawned on him that he may be putting too much pressure on her.

"Alright, Bill. Seven o'clock and I'll wear the black dress. See you then." Her voice sounded upbeat and he breathed a sigh of relief.

Junior happily swapped his new truck for Dad's Lincoln for the evening when this father explained that he too had a date and it was with someone he had known for a very long time. He showed Junior a picture of his first truck and explained it had been his "wheels" when he was dating this lady.

"Just don't hit anything, Dad. Are you sure you can drive a stick shift?"

"Yes, Junior, I'm sure," he said in weary voice. "Just make sure you don't mess up my car, either."

Bill arrived on the doorstep of Zena's townhouse just before seven. He had a bouquet of dark, red roses and a corsage featuring one of the fresh beauties. He loved the deep red because it was a perfect compliment to her natural coloring. He pushed the chime button and waited.

Zena opened the door and Bill was struck once again by her stunning appearance. She had indeed chosen a dress almost identical to the one he remembered from that night long ago. Her lovely black curls fell gracefully down below her shoulders, and her smile was a welcoming one. It was a flashback, but if it was possible, she looked even more beautiful tonight than he remembered.

"Hi ... come in. I'm almost ready. Would you like a drink before we go?"

"No ... I'm fine. I'm getting all the intoxication I can handle right now," he grinned.

"Thank you for the flowers ... and the compliment." She moved into the kitchen and began to fill a vase for the roses. A moment later, she returned to the living room. "Can you help me with the corsage?"

Bill almost jumped to his feet, forcing himself to calm down. If it was possible, he felt even more nervous than the night he had first dated Zena. She showed him where she wanted it pinned and he carefully attached the simple corsage and then looked up at her. He couldn't resist. He leaned forward and placed a soft kiss on her lips. Zena's smile told him what he wanted to know, and he moved to her again, this time holding her and the kiss. As he slowly moved away, he uttered a soft moan.

"I'd forgotten how lovely that was." He was looking at her with desire. His longing for her had been in suspension for so many years and now ... now ... it might be possible to have her back. Could he make that happen? Would she want it to happen? That was the question, he thought. What did Zena want? What had changed in the last twenty years? He had to know the answers to these questions.

Bill surprised her by taking her to his club. It was very elegant and not as busy as one would have expected on a Saturday evening. The patrons were clearly of middle age to senior. Happily, the menu was similar to their recollection of Ambrosia. There was a three piece combo playing light jazz and the atmosphere was exactly what Bill wanted. His courting of Zena Wildman had resumed.

It had been a quiet Bill Orton at dinner. He thought she might talk about her life, but held back, seemingly waiting for Bill to set the tone. He hadn't yet, and their meal was eaten almost in silence. Strangely, it wasn't uncomfortable. He sensed both of them had many questions to be asked and answered and it was best to wait. Right now, she appeared to be happy just to be in his company after all these years. He felt a sense of peace that he hadn't experienced in a long time. He wasn't in any hurry to have that end.

Bill was lost in his thoughts ... or more correctly, his memories. A number of times he had wanted to talk to Zena, to find out what had happened in her life in the past years. He wanted very much to tell her of his life and his marriage, children, how he had changed and how much he regretted losing her. He didn't really know how to begin and Zena seemed happy to leave it for now. Perhaps when they were dancing and he was holding her once again in his arms. Perhaps then.

Their recreation of their first date included sharing a dessert, but that's where it ended. Bill still had vivid memories of that night and its amazing conclusion. Was it too much to hope for that to happen again? As the music began again, they joined three other couples on the small dance floor and as Zena moved into him and he held her close, he wondered if he would remain conscious. Her perfume, the softness of her skin, the deep dark eyes as she looked into his, all of these were conspiring to make him light-headed, almost dizzy. He had to stop for a moment to regain his composure.

Zena was waiting for Bill. He was disoriented for a moment before they began to dance. As he held her, and as his smooth movements across the parquet floor began, he could feel her relax. The distraction had passed and despite his rapid heartbeat, he was able to calm himself. He caught her smiling. He was excited to be with her and his emotions were genuine. She had also relaxed. That old feeling was coming back. It was Zena, and she was as beautiful and captivating as ever. He began to think everything was going to be fine.

It was an unusually warm spring evening and after they had danced for a while, Bill led Zena through a pair of French doors out onto the patio area. There was no one around and as they held hands, he turned to her.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.