A Cautious Man - Cover

A Cautious Man

Copyright© 2008 by Coaster2

Chapter 16

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 16 - From boyhood to maturity, Bill Orton was a cautious but very successful man. Successful in every respect except his relationships with the women in his life. Would he ever find what he was looking for?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Cheating   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Slow  

Bill was up early, far earlier than normal. He showered, dressed and left for his office long before anyone else had risen. He had hardly slept at all. He was going over this horrific situation in his head, going over it again and again. He hadn't resolved anything. It was still the same problem, and he had no idea how to address it.

Bill had always been a morning person, and the advantage that particular day was that he could deal with a great deal of things on his desk in a relatively short period of time without losing his concentration. When Vera arrived, he asked her to make sure he didn't miss the Comfort Coach when it came around. He needed something to eat. Vera nodded and disappeared out the door. Ten minutes later she was back.

"Here ... eat this," she commanded. She handed him a white paper bag that was still hot to the touch. He peeked inside and discovered the wonderful aroma of the infamous "Breakfast Bagel," complete with egg, bacon and a steaming, whole wheat bagel. He looked up at the older woman and smiled.

"You sure know how to look after me, Vera," he smiled.

"Yes ... well ... it looks like what you need is more than just a bagel." It was one of her typical pronouncements. "Is there anything you want to tell me? You know I'm going to find out anyway."

Bill looked up at his personal secretary and couldn't help himself. He snorted and shook his head. The events of the past twenty-four hours came rushing back to him and Vera could see the change in his expression.

"What happened, Bill? I've know you long enough to know it's bad. Very bad."

"Yah ... it's bad. I found out Marion is ... was ... having an affair."

"Oh no. Oh, Bill. You don't deserve that. After all you've done for her." The look on her face was one of genuine pity.

"Yah ... well ... now comes the hard part. What to do?"

"Yes ... what to do? Do you want some free advice from an old lady with experience?"

"Sure. The one thing I'm short of right now is experience."

"Trust, but verify. If you forgive her ... take her back, and I'm guessing you will, trust but verify."

He sat back in his chair with the partially eaten bagel before him on the desk. "Thanks."

Vera turned to go and almost got to the door before Bill called out to her.

"Vera ... what makes you think I'll forgive her?"

"Because that's who you are, Bill. You are a good man who always gives people the benefit of the doubt." She smiled, turned and left.

Bill thought about what she had said and knew in his heart that she was right. Marion would get another chance. But just one, he promised himself.

His meeting with Tex was long and complete. He had a full dossier on Mark Dreesen and it wasn't pretty. He was a predator and even at his tender age, a skilled manipulator of women, exploiting their vulnerabilities. He had spent time in prison for sexual assault when he was eighteen and had two other charges for similar offenses dropped due to lack of evidence. Apparently, the victims failed to testify.

"This guy is a piece of shit and he needs to be dealt with," Tex spat.

"Fine ... what do you suggest?" Bill was uncomfortable with violence and wouldn't condone it.

"I think we can set him up with something serious. We can use Sally. She loves dickheads like him."

"No violence or law-breaking?"

"Come on, Bill. You know me better than that. I've got a reputation to uphold," he said with a grin. It wasn't exactly a promise, but Bill felt better than just going after Dreesen with violence.

"So what about Marion?" Bill finally asked.

"Well, she's been seeing Dreesen since before Christmas. Most of their get-togethers have been at cheap motels. The last one was the Marriot. I've got the receipts for at least twenty shack-ups. Your wife paid for everything."

"Well, I guess I should be happy. She told me the truth. That's a starting point, I suppose."

"Good. I feel for you, man. I hope you can fix this. I really do."

"Thanks, Tex. As usual, you came through. Thanks."

The big man smiled and waved goodbye as he walked out the door.

Vera appeared immediately afterward.

"Anything new?" she asked.

"Nope. It looks like she told the whole story."

"Well, that's something. What now?"

"I've been thinking she should see a psychiatrist or a psychologist or something. She needs to try and figure out why she did what she did. I can't let it happen again."

"What about Dave?" It was a suggestion as much as a question.

Bill thought for a moment. "Dave?"

"He knows both of you. He's probably closer to you two than anyone else in your life. If anyone can get to the bottom of what's bothering her, he can. Talk to him. See what he thinks. If that doesn't help, then maybe it's time for the 'shrink.'"

"OK ... it's a good suggestion. Thanks. Thanks for caring." A faint smile crossed his lips as he looked at the older woman. She was wise and she cared about "her people," as she called them. "Oh, and have Charlie see me when he has some time, please."

Vera nodded and left the office. Charlie Stanbridge was the corporation's tax and legal expert.

Dave Markham was concerned and anxious when Bill Orton called him and asked for an appointment. He had known Bill too long not to recognize when something was terribly amiss. He made space in an otherwise busy day for his friend.

"So, tell me, what's troubling you?" Dave began, after they had dispensed with the greetings and small talk.

"I've discovered that Marion has been having an affair," Bill said bluntly.

Dave winced and leaned back in his chair. This wasn't going to be easy. "Tell me about it."

"She's been seeing a younger guy for the last four months. She's had sex with him at least twenty times."

"Have you talked to her? Does she know you know?"

"Yes. I talked to her last night. She says he made her feel beautiful and young again. She says it wasn't me or anything I did. She's taking the responsibility for her actions. I guess it's the best I could hope for," he said sadly.

"Yes, at least she knows what's at stake. What do you know about the man she was with?" The pastor was concentrating on every word Bill spoke.

"Too much. He's scum. He preys on women. He's got a criminal record, and I think he saw a vulnerable person in Marion, and he took advantage of her. I think, in a way, she was a victim. It doesn't excuse what she did, but maybe it explains some of what happened."

"Yes ... that would make sense. What have you decided?" The question was left open-ended to let Bill tell him what he wanted him to know.

"I've already dealt with this guy. No violence, but he's going to find himself in big trouble again. I can't let him get off scot-free."

Mark nodded, not really wanting to know the details of the man's punishment. Bill was not a vengeful man, but the pastor was certain the man who seduced his friend's wife would regret it.

"I need some help here, Mark. I don't know what to do next. I thought about a psychiatrist, someone to get to the bottom of what's going on with Marion. I'm not sure I'd really learn anything for myself. You know, that doctor-patient confidentiality thing."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.