A Cautious Man
Chapter 10

Copyright© 2008 by Coaster2

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 10 - From boyhood to maturity, Bill Orton was a cautious but very successful man. Successful in every respect except his relationships with the women in his life. Would he ever find what he was looking for?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Cheating   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Slow  



For the second time in his life, Bill Orton was on his own. First Darla had reconciled with Gordy and now Zena was gone, unable to choose him over her female lover. It was demoralizing. He could understand Darla because she had made it clear right from the beginning that she would take Gordy back. But Zena! Zena had deceived him. She wanted both of them and only his accidental discovery exposed the truth. And with all that, he still loved her. He truly believed she didn't want to hurt him and that she loved him. But, he couldn't live without her total commitment to him. The whole episode had left him depressed and morose.

He met with Pastor Markham, and told him of the meeting and the outcome. He was typically sympathetic, but optimistic that Bill would find someone. After all, he was just 23 years old, still a very young man and if he thought about it, he had packed a fair amount of living into a short period of time. Bill hadn't told the pastor about his interlude with Darla, but when he thought about it, he felt better. There was plenty of time left for love. Zena proved to him that he could be attractive to a beautiful woman by just being himself. He would just have to be more cautious the next time.

He told his father what had happened, but didn't go into any of the lurid details. He simply explained that Zena had another friend and that she had to choose between him and her. In the end, she was gone from his life and he was upset that she hadn't chosen him, but understood that she had known the other woman much longer than him.

Bill now set his mind to implementing phase two of his business plan. He needed help. Skilled and reliable help. He put an ad in the local paper and waited to see what response would be forthcoming. He was heartened when he received more than twenty applications. It was going to be a challenge to interview everyone and he needed to weed out the unlikely candidates. He would do the interviews in the evenings and if necessary, on the weekend. He couldn't afford to use his valuable shop time and fall behind.

Of the twenty three applications, he whittled away eight of them almost immediately as being either unskilled or inexperienced. He wasn't sure if he wanted a full time man yet, and he was intrigued by a couple of applications from older men who were looking for part time work. He decided to talk to them first.

Brandon "Buck" Kinsey was a retired aviation mechanic whose wife, Bernice, had virtually kicked him out of the house for getting on her nerves. She was used to his daily routine when he was working and now with him wandering around aimlessly, she was being driven crazy with his constantly getting under foot. Since Buck had been married to her for almost forty years, he knew when she was serious and when she was not. This was one of those serious times.

It took Bill about thirty seconds to determine that Buck had the skills he was looking for. On top of that, he was as meticulous as Bill. In his former occupation, aircraft tended to fall out of the sky if you weren't careful. His only shortcoming was his inexperience with the type of equipment the business was required to service, but when Bill handed him a couple of service manuals, Buck felt right at home. He was familiar with schematics and when Bill showed him the complexities of the washing machine transmission, Buck declared that it looked pretty simple, compared to helicopter rotor transmissions.

If it hadn't been for Bill's inherent cautiousness, he might have hired Buck right on the spot. However, he had an obligation to interview the other candidates and he would honor it. On the other hand, there was no reason not to prepare a potential candidate, so Bill gave Buck several spare service manuals and asked him to review them. Buck picked up the books, thanked Bill for the interview, and said he hoped he would get the opportunity to work with him.

Buck had no reservations about working for this very young man. He wasn't like any of the younger men he had encountered outside of the aviation business. He was thoughtful and his methods were to deliver on promises with the job done properly. It was an ethic that Buck could relate to, and he felt confident he could work well with Bill Orton.

Over the next week, Bill methodically worked his way through the other candidates and in the end, the two that had jumped out at him in the beginning were the two he chose. He decided to introduce the men to each other and make a proposal to both of them that he hoped they would accept.

Sam Carstairs was a retired appliance serviceman with wide and varied experience. His job had become redundant when people stopped fixing small household machines that could now be replaced with cheap new products. Bill knew this developing trend would change his business, just as it had changed Sam's life.

Sam was a widower. His wife of thirty two years had died five years ago of a heart attack and Sam had been on his own ever since. When he was forced into early retirement, he was upset. He had nothing to do and no one to do it for. If Florence had still been alive, he could have invested his time around the house, doing odd jobs and gardening. It had been their plan all along, but that was all gone now. He tried the seniors club, but ironically, he found it full of "old people" who had little ambition to do much more than watch TV and play cribbage. He needed something more challenging.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.