A Cautious Man - Cover

A Cautious Man

Copyright© 2008 by Coaster2

Chapter 9

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 9 - From boyhood to maturity, Bill Orton was a cautious but very successful man. Successful in every respect except his relationships with the women in his life. Would he ever find what he was looking for?

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Cheating   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Slow  

Bill returned to his church the following Sunday morning. He was welcomed personally by Pastor Markham. David Markham was in his mid-thirties and one of the new-age ministers. He had a better understanding of the youth of the day, and he was able to communicate with them. Bill had stopped attending church when he met Zena. She had not been to church in many years. Bill thought of himself as "living in sin" in an old fashioned way, and didn't think he could sit in his church and be a hypocrite. His mother and father had been disappointed when he had dropped out, but he was a grown man and could make his own decisions.

Bill shook Dave Markham's hand at the end of the service and asked if he could talk with him some time. The young pastor immediately agreed and they set a time for three that afternoon.

As Bill sat down in Pastor Markham's office, he felt a sense of peace as well as a strong need to explain why he hadn't been at church and what had happened in his life. As much as he could talk to his father, this was a man who could look at things more dispassionately and perhaps give him some guidance. He badly needed a sense of direction right now.

Pastor Markham listened patiently to Bill's recounting of his meeting Zena and his feelings about living with her and then his discovery of her other lover.

"That's quite a story, Bill. You've been badly hurt. I can't make that go away. Only you can. I think you need to talk to this woman and try and understand why she behaved the way she did. You won't have any peace until you understand that." The young pastor paused for a moment to see if Bill wanted to continue, but he seemed to have finished for now.

"About this business of living with someone out of wedlock. These are modern times. The orthodoxy might condemn it, but in real life, we know it's common behavior. I'm not so much against it if it's a way to determine whether two people are truly suited to each other. There's nothing worse than finding out after marriage that you're incompatible. It may not be church doctrine, but in the right circumstances, it can help prevent a mistake. In your case Bill, it prevented a mistake. Don't feel you're not welcome in this church if you are living with someone who is not your wife. We're a lot more understanding than that.

"Thank you, sir. I feel a lot better talking to you about this. I don't know how I'm going to talk to Zena, but I know I have to. You've been a big help." Bill stood with a sad smile on his face and shook Dave Markham's hand. As he left the church, he knew what he had to do, but he hadn't worked out how or when he would do it. He wasn't looking forward to it either.

-0-

"Hello?" Her voice was soft and quiet and sad.

"Hello, Zena. It's me, Bill."

There was silence for a few moments. "Hi Bill. I've been expecting your call."

"Zena ... I ... we ... we need to talk," he stammered.

"Yes, Bill, we do."

"Where can we meet? I don't think here ... I mean ... my place ... is a good idea."

"I'm here alone tonight. Why don't you come here ... my old apartment? Say eight o'clock?" Her voice continued to be quiet and without any emotion other than the hint of sadness.

"I'll see you at eight. Goodbye." He hung the phone up quietly, overcome with a feeling of melancholy. He wasn't looking forward to their talk, but he knew he needed to try and understand, or at least allow her to try and make him understand. He didn't have much hope that she would be able to accomplish that.

He knocked softly on the apartment door and in a few seconds, Zena opened it.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.