A Close Call - Book 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2

Copyright© 2008 by aubie56

Time Travel Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Doug Holmes, an ex-Ranger and now an anthropologist, gets accidentally bounced back to Clovis-era New Mexico of 12,000 years ago. Join him as he copes with the primitive life style of the natives and becomes an important leader as he gradually introduces more modern devices to make their lives easier and more fun. His attitude is, this may change history, but to hell with that--I have to live here!

Caution: This Time Travel Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Time Travel   Historical   Polygamy/Polyamory   Interracial   Pregnancy   Violence  

When Doug entered Little Bear's home, his wife, Rising Sun, asked in a very shaky voice, "Are you a witch?"

Somewhat startled by the question, Doug said, "No, I'm not a witch! Why do you ask?"

"You turn a rock into a spear point of such beauty. I have never seen the like. It is like magic."

"I am very skilled at working flint, but it took me years to learn how to do it. I don't do my napping with magic, I do it with hard work and effort. Almost anybody willing to spend the time and effort could learn to do what I do, but it is not easy. You are a good cook, and I am a very poor cook. What you do with food is like magic to me! Maybe I should ask if you are a witch!"

They both laughed at that, and the tension disappeared with the laughter. The two men ate an excellent meal, and Rising Sun ate after they had finished. Little Bear asked, "Doug, what are your plans for the rest of the day?"

"I thought that I would make a few more spear points so that I would have something to trade with the rest of the villagers. I am not a good hunter, so I hope to trade flint tools for food. I am spending the day showing the village the quality and speed at which I can make what they might need. It is what my people call advertising.

"That is an excellent idea. You will generate a lot of business for replacement spear points, even if you make nothing else."

"I must ask you to excuse me now. I need to return to my house. Chief Raven said that he would send me a housekeeper this afternoon, and I want to be there when she arrives."

"Very well, Doug, I will stop by to see you later today."

"Father, I heard that you would send a housekeeper to Doug this afternoon. I wish to be that housekeeper."

"Daughter, what are you saying? You know the duties of a housekeeper for a bachelor. Are you sure that's what you want?"

"Yes, Father. I want him for my husband, and I think that this is a sure way to get him."

"Very well, Daughter. You know that I can deny you nothing. If you are sure that this is what you want, I will consent. But you must know that this will severely reduce your chances of finding a good husband if you do not marry Doug."

"Thank you, Father. I am not worried. I am sure that I know all the ways to trap him!" Evening Star laughed, and her father joined her.

When he returned to his hut, Doug resumed napping and made two more spear points. A large crowd had gathered to watch him work, and Doug held up the last point he had been working on. "Do any of you good people need a spear point? I hope so, as I need food, and I cannot hunt if I am to spend my time making spear points and other tools. I will trade spear points for food. Do any of you have something you can trade for this fine spear point?"

A man offered, "I have half a fine young elk I will trade for two such spear points."

Doug answered, "That is a fair trade, if the meat is not too old. When did you kill this young elk?"

The man looked embarrassed and said, "Two weeks ago."

Everybody, including Doug, laughed. Doug said, "Ah, you are a sharp trader! That is a bit too old; do you have something killed a bit more recently?"

The man said, "I have a rabbit I killed this morning. What is that worth to you?"

"I will make you a special deal, since you will be my first customer. I will trade you a new spear point for 5 rabbits, freshly killed, dressed, and delivered to me one each day. At the end of 5 days, I will give you this spear point. I will want the skin, too. Is that agreeable?"

"Yes, that is agreeable. I will bring you your first rabbit, tomorrow."

"Wonderful! My name is Doug. What is your name?"

"My name is Rabbit Hunter." Everybody laughed, for they knew the man and knew that he was a very skilled rabbit hunter who would have no trouble fulfilling his end of the bargain. Doug was pleased; he wanted a satisfied customer who would talk up his trade. Doug would be very happy if Rabbit Hunter thought that he had gotten the better end of the deal.

Doug then said to the crowd, "I will make the same kind of deal, though not for rabbits, with anyone else who wishes to offer me a trade. Also, if you need something else, please tell me. If it can be made from flint, I can make it."

Before anyone else could make an offer, Chief Raven came up to Doug. Out of respect for the chief, the crowd melted away. He said, "As I promised, I have brought you a housekeeper. Here she is."

Doug's jaw dropped to his waist when the chief pointed to his daughter. "But, Chief Raven, did I understand you correctly? You are sending your own daughter to keep house for me?"

"Yes, that is true. I am as surprised as you are, but she said that she wanted to do this. Will you accept her?"

"Oh, yes! I most certainly will accept her! I don't know how to thank you for this honor."

"Wait until she has been with you a few days before you try to express you gratitude. You may not like your choice and want to change. We will discuss this further in a few days. I will leave her with you now."

The chief left and Doug found himself facing a very apprehensive Evening Star. She was already wondering if she had made the right decision. Doug was certainly a very attractive man, but did he find her attractive? She hoped so, but she was prepared to win him over if he did not already want her. She grabbed her resolve in mental hands and shook it, "Now straighten up there and do your best!" she ordered it. Doug saw a look of determination settle itself in her eyes, and he wondered what he had gotten himself into.

Doug hoped he was doing the right thing by treating her as an equal, for he certainly did not consider her a servant. "Please come into my, no, our house, Evening Star. I want you to feel that this house is as much yours as it is mine. If we are both going to live here, it must be that way."

That really caught her by surprise! No man ever treated a woman like this. Normally, the best she could expect was civil treatment with few beatings. This was truly a novel experience, but would it last? Evening Star tried not to get her hopes too high.

She entered the house and looked around. It was the usual structure, typical of the village. It had the wicker frame covered with skins, some of which already needed replacing. The fire pit was in the middle of the one-room structure and the smoke-hole was directly above. There was a lot of clutter and no organization. The previous occupant had been a bachelor, and his housekeeper was known to be somewhat slovenly, so she didn't expect much order.

The first thing she had to do was to make sure that their sleeping furs were clean and not full of fleas and other parasites. Then she would work on the rest of the house. She put her bundle of possessions down against the wall and proceeded to work on the bedding.

Doug said, "Please treat this home as yours as much as mine. I meant what I said. I must go out for a while on business, I will be back before supper time."

She stared at his back as he went out the door; maybe he was serious about her being his equal in the house. She'd have to be careful how she did it, but she would find ways to test his sincerity.

Evening Star picked up the bedding and snorted. "How long has it been since this was aired out?" she wondered. It smelled like it had been some time. Oh, well, time to get to work. She took the furs outside and spread them on the drying rack leaning against the side of the house. The sun would do more good than anything she could do at this stage, but she would have to ask Doug to trade for some new furs as soon as he could.

Back in the house, she started to arrange things in a more orderly manner. She had just finished what she could do without consulting Doug when she heard a scratching on the door. "Come in." she called, and was pleased to see her first visitor. "Hello, Rising Sun, I'm so pleased that you have come to visit me. I am embarrassed that I have nothing to offer you to drink; I have not even gone for water, yet."

"Don't concern yourself about that, Evening Star. I admit to being consumed by curiosity and had to know if it was really you who was to keep house for Doug."

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.