A Broken Heart
Chapter 7

Copyright© 2008 by cellophanesmile

"So what did you do today?" Jake asked casually over the phone. Heidi was surprised when he had called, but realized that it was silly to have been. Of course he would call.

Heidi was hesitant to answer for the briefest of moments. "Nothing," she lied, thinking of her meeting with her parents.

"How's Fitz?"

"He's good."

There was an awkward silence. At least when they were together, they could both pretend like they didn't mind the silence. Over the phone, though, there was no point of staying on the line if the time wasn't filled with conversation.

"How's your trip?" Heidi asked after what felt like at least five minutes.

"Good."

"Everything's good then," Heidi joked lightly.

"Seems that way," another pause, "Tell me more about your day. What did you do?"

He said it almost like he knew she was keeping something from him. "There's nothing to tell," she said almost forcefully, "Why do you keep asking that?"

"Just curious," his voice was pained, and Heidi was instantly contrite for snapping at him.

"I'm going to go now, I need to put Fitz down for the night," Heidi made an excuse to get off the phone.

"Oh, okay then. I'll see you soon."

"Yep, Bye." She hung up the phone. Heidi sat heavily down on the bed, feeling like she was digging herself deeper and deeper into a hole. Why was she alienating him? Why couldn't she just tell him about her parents? Heidi had been alone for so long, just her and Fitz against the world; it was hard accepting someone new into that life, but she had to try, at least. She had to let herself trust him.


"Daddy!" Fitzroy screamed as his father walked in the front door.

"Hey my boy," Jake lifted his son and swung him gently around in the air.

"Welcome home," Heidi said warmly, going to Jake and giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Jake looked surprised for only a moment, but then quickly snatched his arm around her and bent his head to kiss her on the mouth.

Fitz started hitting his father's face, upset that his attention had been taken away. Jake laughed and turned his head toward the boy in his arms, but didn't take his arm from around Heidi.

"Where's my present?" Fitz demanded, and Jake chuckled again, as though he had so much laughter stored up inside himself, he just couldn't stop some from escaping.

"Here you go," Jake said leaning over his bag which he had tossed carelessly by the door. He knelt down and handed the boy a paper bag that had been folded over whatever was inside it and taped shut.

"Yay!" Fitz shouted before he even knew what was inside the package. He tore it open to reveal a tiny t-shirt just his size with Chicago written across the front with the skyline pictured behind it. Wrapped inside the t-shirt was a clunky robot toy, the kind Fitz loved. He hopped up and down excitedly, pulling the t-shirt haphazardly over his head, not even noticing what he already had on underneath. He grabbed his new toy and started to run up to his room.

"Hey, what do you say?" Heidi reminded him.

"Thank you," Fitz shouted over his shoulder. He was no doubt in a hurry to take his new toy up to his collection and introduce them to each other.

"I got you something too," Jake was looking at her.

Heidi smiled shyly at him, "Where is it?"

Jake once again reached into the bag where he had pulled Fitz's present from, and presented Heidi with a similarly wrapped package, although hers was a bit smaller. Instead of tearing the thing to shreds as Fitz had done, Heidi easily pulled off the single piece of tape opened the bag. Inside was a mug--a proper souvenir with Chicago written across it.

Heidi didn't know why such a simple gift should make her go all mushy inside, but it did. "Thank you," she said and held the ceramic thing against her heart, "I love it."

Jake laughed, "It's no big deal," he said off-handedly.

"No," Heidi protested, "I love it." And she gave him a thank you hug.

"If I had known you were this easy to please, I would have gotten you airport gift shop merchandise a long time ago."

For Heidi, it felt nice to just be in his arms. When she had promised him she would miss him, she had no idea just how true it was. "How was your trip?" Heidi asked pulled away from him slightly.

"Just meetings and such, didn't have time for anything else."

"Are you hungry? I'll start dinner," Heidi said, walking toward the kitchen before he answered.

"Yeah," he called, "I'm just going to go take a shower," he said, carrying his suitcase up the stairs.

That night, Jake was already in bed by the time Heidi got out of the shower. Her hair was still wet, and she was wearing her old night shirt. Jake peered curiously at her as she stood uncertainly by the bathroom door, not getting into bed.

"What's wrong?" he asked, then opened his arms invitingly. Heidi only smiled and hopped over to the bed, jumping into his waiting arms.

"Nothing," she said and gave him a hug, "I'm glad your back."

Jake's face lit up—completely glowing. "I'm glad, too," he kissed the top of her head which was tucked against his bare chest.

Heidi wasn't really quite sure what she was doing, or how far she wanted to take it, but without thinking, she leaned up and kissed his lips gently. Jake made a moaning noise deep in his chest as she kissed him, one you would make while deep in the throes of passion—a contrast to the light kiss she bestowed upon him. Despite this, he didn't move to deepen the kiss.

Heidi pulled away to look hesitantly up at his face. His eyes were closed, and Heidi felt her heart warm at the look of utter pleasure on his face. When she pulled away, he slowly opened his eyes and gazed warmly at her.

"Maybe I should go away more often if this is what I get on my return," he joked warmly.

"No," Heidi denied, wrapping her arms around his neck and straddled his lap, "Don't go away. I'll give you a kiss everyday if you stay."

Jake looked surprised for only a moment. "Heidi," he groaned her name out as if she were killing him with pleasure.

She kissed him again, a light and tender kiss on his full lips. When she pulled away, she stroked his hair and looked lovingly down at his handsome face, kissing his nose.

He wrapped his arms around her back, feeling its contours beneath the thin cotton t-shirt she wore. "What are you trying to do, Heidi?" he asked, still unsure of her. She was arousing him, and probably had no idea just how much. She probably didn't know how hard it was for her to sleep with him every night and for him not to take her. Just her sweet scent had him reciting the pledge of allegiance to himself while picturing his grandmother until he fell asleep. She could have no idea that just her chaste kisses threatened to send him over the edge.

Heidi smiled. "I'm trying to seduce you," she said, only half joking. The words were enough. In one quick motion she was on her back, still in his arms, with his body pressed tightly against hers. Barely half a second later, his mouth was fused with hers.

Heidi was gasping for breath by the time he pulled away slightly to look down at her, "It's working," he told her devilishly.

Only then did he see her flushed cheeks and wide eyes, and he became aware of her racing heart beneath his chest, almost equaling his own. Suddenly afraid that he had frightened her, he pulled abruptly away from her and laid on his back beside her.

"I'm sorry, Heidi. Was I going too fast?" His voice was so worried.

Heidi laughed and rolled on top of him. She shook her head even as she gave him another kiss, this one just as passionate and demanding as the one he had given her. Jake once again wrapped his arms around her.

He used his deft fingers to hike up her oversized shirt, the fabric scrunching in his fist against her back. Her panty clad butt was no longer protected by the extra cloth, and reached to grasp a cheek in his hand.

Heidi gasped against his mouth and squirmed beneath him. He found the top of her panties, and started working on maneuvering them down her legs. He managed to get them mid thigh, before his reach prevented their downward journey. Abandoning the effort, he decided to pursue the more pleasurable task of exploring the newly uncovered territory.

He now grasped her bare bum in his hand, sliding his finger to her crack and down to reach her pussy from behind. Heidi, for her part, was losing sense of reality. Jake's incredible mouth was making love to hers so intensely that she didn't even really notice her panties were pulled down until Jake was rubbing her bare bottom.

When his nimble fingers found her pussy, she vaguely wondered how he could even reach her there. He no doubt could feel the sopping wetness he'd created in her, but Heidi found no embarrassment at this. She was enchanted at his intimate touches and only wanted them to continue.

She was disappointed when he pulled away, but only for a moment. He in no time had her flipped over and was pulling her shirt over her head. "So beautiful," Jake murmured to himself as though the thought were so powerful he couldn't quite keep it inside his head.

He kissed her cheeks and face in a tender moment, reassuring her and laying claim at the same time. Heidi wrapped her arms around his lean waist, and much like he had done earlier, struggled to push his boxers down and off him. She let out a frustrated growl when she couldn't quite manage to get them far, and Jake chuckled and finished the job for her, quickly discarding her panties as well.

His member was hard and eager as he settled poised between her legs.

"Mommy?" Fitz's voice was unnervingly close. Jake instinctively vaulted himself off of Heidi and to the other side of the bed, at the same time wresting with the sheets to cover them both. Jake groaned loudly in frustration and flung his arm over his head.

"What is it sweetie?" Heidi's voice sounded hoarse as she sat up and held the sheet over her bare chest.

"I had a bad dream," he boy said pathetically.

"Oh honey," Heidi crooned, wanting to pull him into her arms, but was painfully aware of her state of undress beneath the sheet. Fitz didn't seem to notice or care and he climbed up on the bed and sat in his mother's lap.

"I called, but you didn't come," he glared accusingly at his father as the cause for his mother's preoccupation.

Heidi would have laughed at the situation if she wasn't filled with the bitter disappointment of her unfulfilled desire.

"Can I stay with you tonight?" he asked, wrapping his little arms around her neck. Heidi looked helplessly at Jake, who took pity on her and took the boy out of her arms.

"Hey Fitzy, why don't you tell me about this nightmare?" he asked, his arm wrapped around the little boy. "Telling someone about my nightmares always helps me when I'm scared."

Fitz looked skeptical. "I always tell mommy about my nightmares," the boy denied, in his fright losing some of his proclivity toward adapting to his new home and father, and instead clinging to the familiarity of his mother's comfort.

Heidi had since managed to pull her nightshirt back over her head and maneuver back down to where it ended around her knees. She pulled Fitz back into her arms, and he buried his face against her neck.

"I'm here, sweetheart," she comforted her son, "What happened?"

"There was something under my bed—a monster. It was trying to eat me."

Heidi smiled against the boy's hair. At the apartment, there had always been a monster lurking in his closet. She guessed here it decided to start stalking the underside of his mattress.

 
There is more of this chapter...
The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.