Nightfall - Cover

Nightfall

Copyright© 2008 by Sasagirl

Chapter 6

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 6 - A tortured hero plans to conquer our heroine's body but he might lose his heart in the process.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Masturbation  

Jen realized that she was a much better actress than she had originally thought. She had managed quite well considering the circumstances. Her whole body tingled with pleasure at the thought of that kiss. She fought to suppress the emotions and it was an effort that left her exhausted and drained.

Jason Williams looked at her with a knowing smile. He was an intelligent man who had sensed Devlin's possessiveness and had probably guessed what happened between them. Hannah was also a problem because she couldn't stop asking her annoying questions. Finally, Jen had to scold her and remind her that if her father heard her she would be probably sent back to her room. That was the only thing that shut her up.

Thank God the rest of the evening passed without any surprises. Devlin appeared distant and composed once more and he didn't try to speak to her again. Actually, he didn't even glance at her. Jen wasn't so sure that she appreciated his behaviour. It was like a rejection. Maybe he decided that she was a nuisance or maybe the kiss was not so important to him as it was to her. Either way his new attitude was convenient but not so pleasant.

When the guests left Jen was overwhelmed by the need to scream with relief. She couldn't stand any longer the polite conversation or the fake smiles. All she wanted was a hot bath and a thrilling mystery novel, something that would make her forget all about Mr. Devlin.

Maddy waited for her in her room. "You look tired", she remarked.

Jen started undressing as soon as she closed the door. "I am", she admitted. "I need you to help me with my hair and then I am going to soak in the bath". She sat down and Maddy stood behind her taking the pins of her hair carefully.

"Does your head hurt?", she asked.

"My whole body hurts", she said. And my heart too, she thought. "Most of all my feet. They are killing me! I swear to God I hate high heels!"

Maddy chuckled and the sound was inviting. She was always so eager to laugh that her good mood affected everyone around her, even Alexander Devlin. "I heard that something happened between you and Alex".

Jen frowned. "I suppose you have talked to Hannah".

"Yes. Don't be mad. We just love to gossip".

"Mr. Devlin and I had a quarrel. We are opposites in every way, it was a matter of time before we-"

"Oh stop trying to avoid my questions! I want to know everything".

Jen let out a sigh. Tomorrow she would have to lecture Hannah on secrets. "I went for a walk with Jason Williams".

"Handsome devil! Did he try anything?", Maddy asked and she sounded hopeful.

"No. We just talked. He is a pretty good listener and I need a friend". She stopped as she realized that her comment may have hurt Maddy's feelings. "Maddy, I'm sorry. I didn't mean-"

"Don't worry", Maddy cut her. "You need someone closer to your age honey. I am not insulted. And you know very well that I really like you and that if I had a daughter I pray to God that she would be like you".

Jen felt the tears welling up and she found it difficult to speak. It took her a while to gather herself but Maddy went on removing the pins looking calm as always.

"However, I cannot see how a stroll in the gardens would upset Alex".

"Well", Jen hesitated. Telling Maddy lies would not help her. Especially if Devlin planned to tell her the truth. "When Devlin found us Jason was kissing me".

Maddy looked at her with her jaw hanging open. "You said nothing happened!", he accused her.

"I know what I said. It wasn't a real kiss. I was teasing him and he just touched me on the lips lightly. It was like a kiss between a brother and sister".

"But Alex didn't take it that way", she said realizing that Jen hadn't finished her story.

"For some reason it bothered him". Jen shrugged trying to appear indifferent. "Then he kissed me".

Maddy sat down suddenly and hissed, "Tell me everything. Now".

...

Confiding in Maddy had certainly helped and the long hot bath was relaxing but sleep remained elusive. She tossed and turned but every time she closed her eyes she could see his gray eyes staring at her, searching her soul, demanding her surrender.

She got up and drank some water. Her insomnia had gotten worse since she had moved there. Deciding that the best solution would be a good book she went to the library. Fortunately everybody was asleep. Jen was wearing only an old t-shirt that reached her thighs and she didn't want to be seen like that.

She reached the dark library and was ready to turn on the lights when a low voice was heard, "At least I'm not the only one who can't sleep". Devlin was standing behind her dressed still in his suit.

"You scared me", she complained. Her heart was pounding and her blood was racing in her veins.

"I didn't mean to", he said but he didn't sound apologetic at all.

They moved inside and Devlin poured a drink and offered her the glass. She accepted although she hated the taste of whisky. He poured one for himself and then they stood closely together. Devlin looked at her long legs and once again she felt naked.

She sat on a chair and swallowed half of the whisky in an attempt to calm herself. "I thought you never had trouble sleeping", she blurted.

"I was thinking", he replied. He appeared to be unaffected by her presence whereas she was almost shaking.

"About what?"

His eyes narrowed. "You".

"Me?", she asked stunned. The answer did not surprise her but the fact that he admitted it did.

He sat on the other chair and their gazes locked. "So I gather that I'm not what kept you up tonight?"

"If I said no would you believe me?"

He smiled sardonically and her heart missed a beat. "No".

"Then it was a rhetorical question". Her thoughts were running wild. What next? Would he fire her? Should she leave and stay as far away as possible? But no, she could never do that to Hannah. On the other hand spending the next months trying to avoid him was not such a good idea. And sleeping with him would only make matters worse. "You said you were thinking about me. Have you reached any conclusions?"

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.