Super Flu - Cover

Super Flu

Copyright© 2008 by dirtycopper

Chapter 19

Action/Adventure Sex Story: Chapter 19 - A virus decimates earths population. This is one rednecks story of survival. Some sex, although that is not the theme. Not a stroke story. First time author, let me know what you think.

Caution: This Action/Adventure Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Fa/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Lesbian   BiSexual   Heterosexual   Science Fiction   Post Apocalypse   MaleDom   Spanking   Light Bond   Polygamy/Polyamory   White Male   White Female   Oral Sex   Anal Sex   Pregnancy  

Junior rubbed at his eyes as he peered in the mirror checking to see that the Hummer was still with him. The sun had risen behind them and lit the surreal landscape. Junior didn't know how busy this road normally was but driving on an interstate and not seeing any other vehicles was strange. They had skirted several cities the interstate would have taken them through, Walker's knowledge of the roads making the task easier. The last city they had passed had a prison near the interstate, causing the big man next to him to speculate on the fate of the inmates.

"I hope they all died in their cells," Sarah piped up from the back seat. "Society deemed them unfit to mingle with the rest of us, so screw 'em." she added.

This prompted a discussion on how the survivors where going to handle such issues as crime and punishment.

"At first things are going to be rough," Junior said. "Individuals will have to deal with wrong doers on a case by case basis. Take the guys that attacked us back at the farm. We didn't have time to call the cops, if there had been any to call. People who normally would live within society's rules may now become total outlaws. We have to face it, law and order is dead for now. The only law that matters now is the law of survival. And if you aren't fit to survive, you won't."

"I can't accept that." Cole replied. "Civilization has to have rules, otherwise it will fall apart."

"What the hell do you think has happened?" Sarah asked. "Civilization is dead, finished, gone. Look around us, there aren't enough people left to keep going the way we did. It's a dog eat dog world now, and the guy with the bigger teeth is going to win."

"Not just the bigger teeth," Junior said. "You also have to be willing to use them. There are going to be people who can't cope with that change, who think that since they are willing to obey the laws set down by a dead government that everyone else will. Unfortunately, learning that lesson may be fatal to some of them."

Junior began slowing the truck as they descended a long hill. Ahead they could see nothing but open road where it descended into a valley. Junior brought the truck to a stop on the shoulder, which caused Cole to chuckle.

"I know you're supposed to pull to the side when stopping, but what traffic are you getting out of the way for," the big man asked. Junior shrugged, a wry smile on his lips.

"Habit I guess," he explained as he dug out a pair of binoculars. "That bridge up ahead crosses the Illinois River," he explained. "If I was going to set up an ambush or block the road, that's where I would do it." He studied the road and bridge for several minutes. "It looks clear, but keep your eyes open," he told the former cop. He called Juanita and Jessica on the radio, advising Jessica to make sure the .50 was ready to go, just in case.

His preparations turned out to be unnecessary, and they were soon on their way once again. They had just begun to relax a little when they topped a hill to see the interstate blocked by big rigs parked nose to tail across the road. Junior looked for an opening but the roadblock ran from fence line to fence line across the median, leaving no opening except for the exit.

"Check the map, see where we are and where this road goes." He instructed Shelley. He slowed to a stop as Juanita pulled up beside them, Jessica already at the mounted gun. "Anyone see what that last exit sign said?" Junior asked.

"Pittsfield," Sarah said. "Junior, there's someone waving at us." She pointed up the exit ramp where two four wheel drive pickups were parked, leaving a narrow opening between them. A man stood beside the front fender of one, waving a white piece of cloth attached to a pole.

Junior studied the man and trucks through the binoculars. He could see three more people, two men and a woman standing behind the trucks. They were all armed and the man with the white flag had a pistol in his waistband.

"I think they just want to talk," he told the others. "They're all armed, but don't act threatening. None of them are pointing guns this way, just holding them, and they look pretty relaxed, not keyed up like someone would be if they were planning something."

"Or they're damn good at suckering people in." Cole said. "Could be they've had lots of practice."

After talking it over, Junior climbed out of the drivers seat, having Sarah get behind the wheel.

"Check your weapons, keep them handy, but don't do anything to start anything. I'm going to go with Jess and Juanita. We'll see what they want, and if it's safe I'll wave you up." He looked at Cole. "If something goes wrong, get the girls out of here. We'll stop where we don't block the road, so if you have to, just floor it and fly right through. We'll provide covering fire then join you."

Junior wasn't too worried about the people using the vehicles for cover. The big .50 cal rounds would go through them like a knife through hot butter, and anyone hiding behind them would get a hell of a surprise. He strapped his M16 across his chest and stepped up on the back bumper of the Hummer. Juanita slowly made her way up the ramp, stopping 30 yards from the man with the flag. Junior hopped down and approached to within fifteen yards of the man, his rifle held at the ready, barrel pointed down.

"Howdy folks," the man with the flag said, raising his voice slightly so it would carry across the distance. "We're friendly, just trying to contact as many survivors as we can," he said, eyeing the big machine gun nervously. "We've got some people together and are trying to rebuild best as we can. We're looking for people to join up, the more the merrier you know." Junior noticed the people behind the partial barricade were talking with each other, one of them smoking a cigarette. They appeared friendly, and weren't paying all that much attention to what was going on.

"What kind of setup do you have?" he asked. "We're headed out west, got a place in the mountains in mind. It's good to see others are pulling together though."

"We've got about 50 people right now," the man said. He appeared to relax a little more now that Junior was willing to talk. "We've got plenty of food for now, and the REA put in a windmill outside of town a few years back, so we have electricity. Got some Amish in the area too, so we got access to horse drawn equipment when the fuel runs out." He looked Junior and the girls over. "Are you folks military?" he asked.

"Former," Junior replied. "Sounds like you've got your act together. Have you had any trouble with people passing through?"

"Not to speak of," the man said. "Just a few that threatened us if we didn't get out of the way. We let them go and didn't have any problems." He motioned to the vehicles behind him. "The council wanted someone out here to try and make contact with other survivors. I wanted to put up some signs and stay closer to town, but I just do what I'm told. Say, you wouldn't be looking to do any trading? We got lots of food, there is a food distribution warehouse not far away, and we could use some other stuff."

"What did you need?" Junior asked.

"Well, we'd like to get some more guns, like what you got. We've got enough hunting guns and such, but some military weapons would be nice. Any chance you would trade some of those?" When Junior shook his head no the man nodded. "I figured, but it doesn't hurt to ask. You folks interested in joining up or just want to get on your way?" he asked

"I think we'll pass, but good luck to you." Junior stated. He waved to Sarah, then sent Juanita and Jess on through. When Sarah pulled up even with him he jumped in the truck. They crossed the highway the exit gave access to and took the entrance ramp back onto the interstate. Junior filled the others in one his conversation with the man. "I hope they learn to use a little more caution. We could have taken them all out without them firing a shot if we wanted to." He shook his head in disgust. "I wish them the best of luck though."

"Hey, that windmill sounds like a neat idea," Shelley said. "Could we get something like that when we get to your place?"

"I've got a small one there already," Junior said. "It was over twenty miles to the nearest main road, and another thirty to the nearest power line. So I had one put down in the valley. It will only handle my house though, it's not that big."

The rest of the day passed uneventfully, although they were a little cautious crossing the Mississippi River at Hannibal. They did see some people there, but they were off the roadway and most just stared at the passing vehicles. A few waved, and Junior returned the wave from the back seat where he sat with Shelley. Junior offered to resume the driving duties, but Sarah insisted she was fine. Junior leaned back, tucked Shelley up under his arm and went to sleep.

Their mini caravan stopped around noon and threw together some sandwiches. Junior pulled out the atlas and they looked over the possible routes to get where they wanted to go. Junior still had not told anyone exactly where they were going, but gave them a general idea. After eating their lunch, and planning their route for the remainder of the day, they headed out again.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.