Spirit Fox Lightning Swift - Cover

Spirit Fox Lightning Swift

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

Chapter 7

It was a very bright day some number weeks later when things got back to a more normal footing. I had been out of hospital for a while and soon returned to school. I did my best to visit Jessica every day as she spent more time getting well and strong again. She gradually got to a more healthy weight and previously her painfully thin body filled out, becoming more and more beautiful. Thanks to the healing powers of a bio-elemental we both regained our voices and it was a surprise to both of us to hear each other talk, having grown used to the mental voice. We still talked quite a bit via Jessica's telepathy since we liked the intimacy.

When Jessica was finally well enough to get out of hospital she moved in with her cousins. With some government assistance the three of them had rented a reasonable sized flat to accommodate their greater numbers. Jessica and Amanda now shared a room and were getting on very well, finding they had much in common. They talked a lot which was unusual for Jessica who often knew what things were up from hearing the surface thought of those around her. Amanda's own abilities effectively blocked out anything but directed thoughts, leaving her mind a bit of a mystery to Jessica, who seemed to like this. Having someone whose brain she couldn't see into all the time was refreshing and allowed her to just be a normal girl. She didn't have to play the game of asking the questions she already knew the answers to so as not to upset people. In fact it was hard to get a word in edgeways between them something that seemed to amuse everyone that knew them since neither were particularly vocal usually.

All that remained was for Jessica to return to school, the big day approached and I found myself feeling increasingly nervous and excited about it.

I wandered in the school gates after practically running up the hill for once causing Hannah to ask me to slow down rather than the reverse. I got in the gate and glanced around looking for Jessica and didn't see her. My heart fell a bit I had been hoping to meet her at the gate.

There was a tap on my shoulder and then a soft voice said, "Hey handsome, fancy ditching your old girlfriend and hooking up with a real high flyer."

I turned to find Jessica grinning up at me impishly. I smiled and she took my hand. We began walking together into class, she turned and cocked her head to one side. "Well aren't you going to kiss me?" she asked.

"I thought you'd never ask," I replied, leaning down to kiss her on the lips.

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.