Salamander 2
Chapter 28

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

(Mandy)

As we got through the door of D's house I was promptly grabbed and relentlessly hugged by Gwen. Then she covered me with kisses as well just to make doubly sure.

"Oh let me get a look at you, are you alright? I was worried when you told me what happened, I can't believe you got attacked again!" she said hugging me once more. "I think I'm going to have to lock you away somewhere. It's not safe for you out there."

"I'm fine Gwen," I said hugging her, back.

"Well come along you must be hungry let's get you some dinner," she said taking me by the hand and leading me to the kitchen where D and Joyce were waiting.

"Amanda I'm relieved that you are OK," said Joyce coming over and giving me a hug.

"I'm fine," I said.

We all sat down and had a bite to eat. I was a little relieved when they stopped asking if I was alright. While I was a little shook up I was generally OK and didn't want a fuss raised.

I was getting a bit embarrassed at all the trouble I was getting in. Thankfully they decided not to make too big a deal out of things after that and we had a nice meal together.

When we were done D and I did the dishes and then we sat and watched the TV while Gwen and Joyce went for a chat which subject I could guess I was probably me.

"So other than being attacked how was your work?" asked D.

"Tiring, I had to set up a lot of dishes for the machines to wash," I said.

"Blerg, I hate washing dishes even with the few me and Mum go through. I can't imagine having to deal with a whole restaurants dirty plates," exclaimed D with a sour expression.

"It's not so bad. I don't actually do the washing just load the machines and then hose down the trays. It's pretty easy to do once you get the hang of it," I said with a smile.

"Well I hope they pay you like a gazillion pounds for your efforts," grinned D.

"Not quite that much I'm afraid."

"So you ready for the club tomorrow?"

"I guess so, but since I don't know what it is I'm not really sure how to be ready for it."

"Best way, you come at it fresh, at least that's what the coach says."

"Hmm, well I guess I'll already have the kit on if it is after PE."

We lapsed into silence after that just watching the TV, a short while later Gwen came back in to tell me it was time to be heading home, I said my goodbyes and then we walked home together.

As we walked I noticed Gwen kept giving me glances every now and then I could feel her worry as well with my empathic senses so I prompted her.

"What?" I asked.

"Oh nothing," she said with a sigh.

I rolled my eyes and said, "Sure that's why you keep looking at me with that pained expression of worry written all over your brain."

"Oh you and your emotional radar," said Gwen with a scowl. I stuck my tongue out at her and she grinned a bit.

"Come on what's bothering you?"

"I'm just worried about you that's all. You keep getting into these scrapes, it's almost like the world is out to get you. Makes me worried for you and worried that I'm not doing a good job protecting you."

"Don't think that," I said putting my arm around her, "You are the best sister anyone could have and I would be lost without you. None of the bad things that have happened to me are your fault."

I pulled her into a hug for a bit then we continued on home arm in arm, she felt happier now and I was glad. I didn't want my wonderful sister getting the idea that any of this was her fault, I was just unlucky. That or there really was someone out to get me, but that was just paranoia so I didn't go down that road.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.