Salamander 2 - Cover

Salamander 2

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

Chapter 20

(Four)

I turned off the news broadcast sickened. The demon had obviously goaded the good god fearing students till they attacked her with her body guard placed to prevent any serious damage. She was now using that publicity to eliminate her enemies and even try to install a more favourable environment for its kind at the school. I had no doubt if it succeeded the souls of the innocents there would be at grave risk.

The way she had played the media was masterful. Knowing her own face would scare off the good people she had put forward the cuter more harmless looking fiends. The seductresses monsters cloaked in seemingly friendly forms their claws and teeth hidden, playing on humans love of cute furry animals. One had to respect the skill with which she had blinded the media to the truth. Her plan, evil though it was, seemed perfect.

She was a far more wily opponent than she had initially seemed. Once again deception was her watch word. By following her we had seen how her demonic body was barely injured at all in the attack. Yet in the media she had allowed them to portray her as clinging to life by a thin thread. Her lack of damage was yet one more factor we would have to add to our consideration of her, she was obviously far more robust than we had anticipated.

In some ways this was good as who wanted their prey to give up without a fight? It would make a mockery of our entire mission. Still it made our job tougher.

We passed the recording of the incident on to One in case he deemed direct intervention at this stage was necessary, but as far as I could see it was pointless. Even if we took out the girl, she had set up a series of events that even without her would continue.

No, it was better to continue testing, probing, and analysing until we had all the information before pouncing. Acting now would seem premature to me. But I didn't make these decisions so we would have to wait for One to make the choice.

In the mean time I would be supporting Five as she attempted to steal the girl's hospital charts. Any scans and notes in her files would be useful in assessing her capabilities.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.