Salamander 2 - Cover

Salamander 2

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

Chapter 15

(Four)

We watched the demon with its slaves, the large hybrid body guard, and the seemingly normal girl whose function we weren't sure of, a spy of some kind maybe. Five and I followed hand in hand, posing as a couple out shopping. The large number of people made blending in easy, not even the beasts demonic powers could pick us out in all this noise.

The demon made the pretense of being a real girl out shopping with friends, it was obvious even to me looking at her that she had no interest in it. Quite what she hoped to achieve with this charade was beyond me, but then these agents of evil often did things that made no sense.

At one point the three of them split up, the normal girl went off on her own. As always our target kept her protection, the large hybrid, close. Five followed them, while I stayed on the red headed girl.

She stayed in the electronics shop, so I lingered in the hifi section trying to find out what she was up to. Annoying overeager sales assistants kept bothering me, one was so persistent I almost lost my temper and cuffed him. Luckily I was able to focus on my mission and concentrate on the girl. She purchased a cheap mobile phone. Assuming it was for her mistress, this could work to the knights advantage it would be relatively easy to track the demon with moderate accuracy using the device.

Later we saw the two slaves present their mistress the phone. They seemed totally under her spell, they might well have to be eliminated, their devotion to the monster would make them both sacrifice themselves in order to stop us. I would shed no tears over the big hybrid, she was already corrupted beyond salvation and would have made a prime target on her own, but it was a shame if this other girl would have to die as well.

I hoped it wouldn't come to that, but reassured myself that if one relative innocent had to die to save countless others it was worth it.

We retreated to the van, there were less people about now and we were getting a lot easier to detect. I informed One about the mobile, it would make our job much easier when the time came to grab our target.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.