Salamander 2 - Cover

Salamander 2

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

Chapter 8

Wednesday, 28th of November, 2035

Four

I watched as the two drunks we had set up, set the girl off. We had every piece of measuring equipment we could, trained on her from our van parked across the street. When she flipped on her stealth field, we analysed it in every spectrum we could.

"IR?" I asked

"No good." Four replied.

"UV?"

"Nothing."

"How about the light intensifiers? Do they amplify the distortion?"

"Hmm, barely. If she moves, maybe we can get something, but it's not much use as you can barely see anything at all, let alone her."

"Radar?"

"Too small, and not reflective enough for our equipment."

"Damn it! What else have we got?"

"Trying Terahertz hard object scanner ... got something! That field she generates seems to be semi solid, and it's generating a faint return on the THz."

"Show me," I looked at the images. A very fuzzy image of the outline of the girl was there, faint but usable. "Excellent, we can track her while she is invisible. One will be pleased. Good work."

"That equipment is too bulky for effective use outside the truck, but it gives me an idea. I'm going to try ultrasound."

She fiddled with a few bits of kit, then showed me an odd fuzzy image on the screen.

"It works!" I said.

"Range isn't brilliant, but it will do in a chase."

"That's all we need."

We waited till the girl was gone, then drove off with our new information.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.