Salamander 2 - Cover

Salamander 2

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

Chapter 40

Epilogue

"You can go in now Mr Smith," said the attractive young personal assistant.

I stood grabbed my briefcase and made my way into the office, I disliked going to see the boss. It made me nervous, maybe it was the whole secrecy thing and the fact that who ever they were they were an order of magnitude more powerful than I was.

"You wanted to see me Boss," I said.

"Yes Mr Smith take a seat," said an electronic voice emitted from a speaker on the wall.

I felt the tingle of a scan as who ever ran this organisation ran their fingers through my mind.

"So Mr Smith, you did what I asked."

It wasn't a question so I didn't answer.

"Good, a pity this Trisha couldn't be used for our purposes but perhaps the trip wasn't wasted."

"How do you mean Boss?"

"This Wilson girl interests me."

"She was resistant and I believe she sabotaged my field equipment."

"Yes yes, two things that make her of interest to me, do you think she could be made to cooperate?"

"Maybe, if we asked the right way."

"Yes perhaps so. As it happens her name came up again today, a favour called in which turned out to be nudging the police in her direction."

"Police?"

"Some business involving a kidnap one of those purist nut-jobs, she came out alright though."

"With our help?"

"As I said just a nudge no more and even then I think she could have handled things if need be. Yes I've very interested in Miss Amanda Wilson, I want you to start a file on her. See what we can do to persuade her to work for us."

"Yes boss."

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.