Flux - Cover

Flux

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

Chapter 12

(Jen)

Sure enough they locked me up in that empty room with nothing but a battered mattress for furniture. Leaving me to sit there with nothing in the near dark, the only light coming under the door from the corridor as there was no bulb in the light fitting. Was this what my life would be like from now on? Either a prisoner in my own body or an actual prisoner locked away in a room with nothing to do.

I punched the wall in anger at my situation but ended up crying out in agony as it really hurt, the ghost of a chuckle echoed through my brain.

I lay down on the only feature of the room, the old mattress and curled up into a ball crying at my fate. Eventually my tears dried up and I felt a bit better from having let all of that anguish out. Now I was just numb and tired from the days trials so I lay curled up and was soon asleep.

I woke suddenly. A blinding headache hit me the room seemed to flare brighter and I got a flash of something. Ally was standing over me looking slightly afraid, "Which one are you at the moment?" she asked. Just as it began the sensation was gone.

I curled up clutching my throbbing temples lying still trying to get rid of the pain. I heard the door opening and the sound of someone coming in. I opened my eyes to see Ally put a tray down with some more sandwiches on it and a glass of water. She looked up when I moved a momentary burst of fear on her face.

"Which one are you at the moment?" she asked worriedly.

"I'm Jen," I replied wondering if I imagined seeing her say that before or if I was losing it. Maybe it was just because Jo had said the same thing earlier, that had to be it.

"Oh, " she sounded relieved, "I thought it was you, the eyes give it away. I brought you something else to eat as I figured you were still hungry."

"Thank you," I was still ravenous, my stupid girl body seemed to need a lot to fuel it. I was betting it was somehow Violet's fault.

As I tucked into the sandwiches Ally came and sat next to me. I was surprised how graceful her movements were even just sitting down, she seemed to flow from one position to the next. Her slender neck still had an angry hand outline where Violet had attacked her.

"I'm so sorry about what she did to you," I said trying not to burst into tears again.

"Oh there, there don't worry I know it wasn't your fault. I could hear, since she was touching me, what you did, backing off to stop her from hurting me more," she embraced me and gently stroked my hair, "Listen you seem like a nice person in a bad situation and you could use a friend. I'm going to try and be that friend as quite frankly I could use a friend too. I don't really have anyone here either."

"I'd like that," I said through my sobs.

"Don't be too offended if I'm not around too much when your sister's out and about though, she seems not to like me."

I nodded and ate some more sandwiches feeling better for the food. As I was drinking the water Ally had brought the door flew open and Jo stood in the doorway glaring at us.

"What's going on what are you doing in here!" she shouted.

"I was just getting Jen some more food," Ally said jumping to her feet and making placating gestures.

"This door stays locked while Violet is asleep now get your arse out of there now!"

Ally touched my hand briefly and I heard See you later Jen, in my head. Then she grabbed the tray with the empty plate and glass and left.

Jo jabbed a finger at me, "And you stay in here and keep quiet or else!" Then she slammed the door and locked it.

I wondered what to do now, I was locked up in a dark room on my own, well as alone as I could get with a psycho barbie in the back of my head. I laid back down and tried to sleep some more. I dozed but couldn't really drift off

Sometime later I heard the door unlock again and Jo stood glaring at me.

"Violet it's time to go get some supplies, you coming?" she said.

With that I felt Violet surge out of the back of my head and grab control I was locked out again.

'how does she do that' I wondered.

"Sure," Violet said, "This outfit is getting a bit tired I could use some new threads."

Jo chuckled and led Violet out into the living room, waiting there were Ed and Dave.

"There's a local depot for one of the department store chains nearby. It's mostly automated with a small staff in the day to maintain things. At night the place is wide open, just a cheap camera system I can bypass easy. We should be able to get you a few outfits there and then fiddle the logs so no-one notices. Most of this stuff is from there," she said indicating the living room. "So long as we don't go mad we're golden."

"Cool," Violet said.

They made their way out the doorway which from the inside was an elaborate metal framed door with several bars and bolts as well as an intercom system and a electronic keypad lock.

Jo reached up to tap in the code but then hesitated and looked at Violet, "No offense Vi but to keep your little friend in doors I'd rather if she didn't know this combination."

"Good thinking!" Violet said and looked away.

Great, I projected at Violet, Now if there's a fire or something we'll burn down here since we can't get out.

"What's this we," mumbled Violet under her breath, "I can kick that door down in a jiffy it's just you who's trapped down here."

I grumbled internally at that even given its obvious toughness I suspected she was right, but I couldn't resist sending another shot back, Well better hope it's not one of those times when you can't take me over then bitch

I heard the door open and Violet turned back to head out with the others. They shut the door behind them and I heard the locks engaging again on the other side. It was smooth metal on this side only the speaker set into the wall no keyhole or keypad. I wondered how they got back in.

Violet must have thought the same as she said, "Hey how do you get back in?"

"We buzz someone to let us in," said Dave looking at Violet like she was a moron and sneaking glances at our chest when he thought we weren't looking. It was really odd to see that behaviour from this side.

"OK smart arse what if no one is in, what if everyone has to go out?" Violet said hands on hips glaring at him.

"We get Jeff to open it with his TK, he designed this door," Dave replied.

"Yeah which is why it's such a pain for anyone else to use! Damn fool that he is never thinks things through," spat Jo.

The group exited the outer door that was part of the camouflage hiding the real door. We went up through the abandoned building and out into an alleyway down the side. Parked out of sight was a beaten up old van that Ed unlocked and jumped into the driver's seat, Jo took the passenger seat. Violet and Dave sat in the back on some bench seats which folded up for more transport room. Dave sat leering at us from the seat opposite us which made my skin crawl but Violet didn't seem to notice.

"Ok everyone buckle up," Ed shouted Violet clipped a lap belt round herself and got comfy.

It was annoying to have to always look where Violet wanted not being able to choose what I saw or did. To amuse myself I played with my ability to insert myself into her visual field. Before I had just fiddled with the reflections and imagined them being me and not her, which was pretty easy just my purple eyes instead of her blue ones. Then I imagined the reflections talking saying things I wanted her to hear and it wasn't until she reacted to the sound and the visuals that I realised she could see and hear what I was projecting at her. I mentally thanked Ally for giving me some small measure of control.

I tried to picture me sitting on the bench opposite down from Dave just out of the corner of Violets eyes. At first nothing much happened then gradually as I focussed I the shadows and lines blurred and reshaped and my illusory body appeared in Violets vision. She looked around seemingly not noticing the figment of my imagination. It took a lot of focus to maintain it and also to make it seem real as if this imaginary figure was actually in the van sitting on the bench I had to sort of move her as Violets vision moved and the Van jerked about.

With every passing minute it was easier to do and soon I could maintain my illusory presence without much effort. I started to imagine virtual Jen doing things, just the everyday ticks and moves people did, brushing a stray hair out of her face shifting in the seat and so on. Virtual Jen was looking more and more real as I embellished my creation. So far Violet was either unaware of my efforts or just ignoring them. Eventually one of the little ticks I added must have tipped her off as she suddenly locked her eyes on my puppet.

She stared at the virtual me for a good while, then she said in an angry voice, "Stop doing that!"

"Stop doing what, I wasn't doing anything," said Dave looking guilty.

"I wasn't taking to you I was talking to her!" Violet spat back through gritted teeth while pointing at my virtual body.

Dave looked at the point next to him where Violet was pointing, "There's no one there," he said eying Violet worriedly.

"Maybe to you buddy! Cut that out Jen!" she shouted.

Why? It's not like I've got anything better to do, I said through my puppet.

"Stop it or you'll be sorry!"

Oh come on Violet what are you going to do, beat someone up to get my obedience? I paused then added in as cold a tone as I could manage, There's no one in this Van I care about.

Violet sort of grumbled and went quiet shooting my puppet hateful glances every now and then. After a while I started making it wave or pull faces or anything I could think of to amuse myself.

Eventually we pulled up somewhere and everyone piled out of the van. I thought about having my virtual Jen follow but didn't as I didn't really want to distract Violet when she was out committing crimes. I might get us both caught or worse get us or someone else hurt. I didn't want that on my conscience. While I supposed I was an accomplice to Violets crimes I wasn't exactly a willing one if she was caught I would go to prison no matter what I said anyway so it seemed the criminal justice system wasn't my friend.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.