Salamander
Chapter 10: Betrayal (Grant Junior)

Copyright© 2008 by EMW

I was just coming into the lounge when I heard my sister on her phone. She was talking to someone called Anne, which was odd, as none of her friends were called Anne. Plus, she seemed unusually pleased to get this call. She had been moping since she'd helped the freak demon that had possessed Mort escape. If it hadn't been for her, Dad would have blown that monster's head clean off. I decided to follow her, to see what the silly cow was up to.

She headed outside through the front door, so I circled round out the back, and edged up the side toward the front of the house. I managed to hide in earshot, so I could make out at least Gwen's side of the conversation.

What I heard made me incredibly angry. She was obviously talking to that monster. It took all my self restraint to not go over there and grab the phone.

'What the hell is she playing at? Everyone knows those things are evil, pretending to be the people they had hatched out of, so they can infect and damn more innocents.'

I waited till she had gone and made my way back into the house. I headed straight to Dad's study, he would want to know about this straight away. I smirked, as I wondered how much of a beating the silly girl would get this time.

Dad was at his desk going over some letters. Looking up as I came in he said, "What is it son? I'm quite busy at the moment."

"It's Gwen, Dad. I overheard her on the phone, talking to the monster that took over Mort."

Dad turned bright red with rage. "That foolish girl. She'll let the demon take her soul, too, and after the leniency I showed her." Then he looked thoughtful, "Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. After she stopped us doing Gods work, she has become the key to completing it."

Confused, I said, "I don't understand, Dad.".

"Well son, look at it this way. She is sure not to leave it at mere phone calls. She will want to meet with the beast. So we just have to wait and watch carefully, then Gwen will lead us to the monster. Then we can finish what we started." He smiled, "We must be careful though, Gwen must not suspect we are on to her."

'The old man is a genius! She's the key to finding the freak, and saving humanity from its evil.'

"You can count on me, Dad"

"I know son. Watch your sister like a hawk. Let me know as soon as it looks like she is off to meet with the demon. I will make sure we are ready."

I smiled as I left Dad's study. I would make sure I found out when Gwen was meeting the thing, and then we would make certain it was no longer able to curse mankind.

 
There is more of this chapter...

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.