The Maturation Of Vinnie - Cover

The Maturation Of Vinnie

Copyright© 2008 by Coaster2

Chapter 2

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - Vinnie Blanton has a lot of growing up to do. With the help of his family and the fascination with a beautiful young woman, he beings his journey.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Romantic   Heterosexual   Safe Sex   Oral Sex   Slow   Caution  

So that's how I got to the stage that I knew I had to grow up and carry my own weight. It took me a month to heal up, but when I did, I sat down with Tom and his financial advisor and we worked out a plan on how I could have my own business. Tom would be my banker for a while, but in the end, I had to make it work on my own. To tell the truth, I was scared. I realized I didn't have any business experience and while I knew how to follow a framing plan, I didn't know anything about payroll or taxes or workers compensation and all the other stuff I needed to run a business.

Tom said he would get me started, but sooner or later, I'd have to learn how to run my own affairs. If I couldn't do it myself, I'd have to hire someone. When I looked at how much business I had in front of me and how much more there was available, I was pretty sure I would have more work than I had people to do the work. I put the word out that I needed some framing carpenters and with our family's reputation, it didn't take long to find some extra guys. Most of my first jobs were for my brother and that was a good way to get started.

I'd like to pat myself on the back and tell you what a sharp businessman I was, but the truth is, it was all set up for me. Right off the bat, I knew I needed someone to look after the paperwork and the money and naturally I went to Tom for advice. He just smiled and handed me a card from BCIT and told me to ask for an instructor in the Financial Management faculty. I should ask for some recent or about-to-be graduates to interview for a permanent job and then call him when I had some names.

When I got the list of names, I called Tom and he set up a meeting with his financial guy, Steve Inhalt, and we looked over the résumés. He helped select five likely candidates and then we started calling to see when we could meet with them. Steve agreed to be with me for those interviews because he could assess their skills and I couldn't. After that, it was up to me to pick someone I could trust and work closely with. Steve and Tom emphasized that this was the next most important person in any company, so you wanted to make the best choice possible.

We were lucky and were able to get all the interviews arranged over a day and a half stretch. Since Steve worked out of his house, he agreed to let us do them there. We had renovated his house a few years ago and it was really something for just 1500 square feet. Before we interviewed anyone, the three of us sat down and figured out who was going to do what. We decided that I would tell them what the business was all about and Steve would tell them what kind of systems I would need. Tom was there to fill in any blanks and also because he thought it might be time for him to have someone as well. He had a "part time" accountant, but all the other paperwork was being handled by him after Dad had his stroke. With all the new business and the regulations and bylaws that Tom had to deal with, it was getting to be too much. This way we would probably kill two birds with one stone.

It sort of worked out the way we planned. I say "sort of" because Tom and I got into an argument about which one of the candidates was the one best for me and it turned out we both wanted the same person. I threatened to tell Jenny on him because the one all three of us agreed was the best was a girl. I mean, she was a woman. 100% all woman! She was hot! Tom said I was letting the little head do the thinking for the big head again, and I asked him which head was doing his thinking. Steve thought this was all too funny and just sat back and watched the comedy act.

In the end, we agreed that it was my need that was the most important and the reason for the interviews in the first place. I got the girl! If I had it to do over again, I might have reconsidered, but that's another story that I'll get to. Tom grumbled a bit, but then admitted that any of the candidates would be fine for his needs and he would make his own decision. I don't remember the last time I got one up on Tom, but it was a long, long time ago. Maybe this was the start of a new trend?

The new girl's name was Dana McNabb and she was a drop-dead gorgeous blonde with a body to rival any Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader. She was also pretty self-confident and I got the impression when we interviewed her that she didn't take shit from anybody. We weren't allowed to ask her age and she didn't offer one on her résumé. I guessed she was mid-twenties, but these days it's tough to tell. Steve said she had all the right answers when he talked to her about what the accounting and reporting needs were, so that was good enough for me.

Since my new business didn't have an office, we would be working out of our homes, or in her case, out of her apartment. I phoned her to tell her she had been chosen for the job and got a bit of a surprise. Right off the bat, she laid down some ground rules that I hadn't expected.

"Look, Mr. Blanton, I'm really happy I got this job. I just want you to know that I don't date anyone where I'm working and there aren't any exceptions." It was as straightforward a statement as I'd ever heard and it completely caught me off guard.

"Ah ... well fine ... I understand. I hope you didn't think that ... well ... that you got this job..."

She cut me off right there. "No! I know I was the best candidate. I just want it understood that I'm not date material. I'm there to work and I'll do a damn good job for you ... but that's all. Okay?"

"Yeah ... sure ... like I say ... don't get the wrong impression. We wanted the best person and that was you," I finished uncertainly.

"Good ... then we understand each other," she said in a more friendly tone. "When do you want me to start?"

"You can start tomorrow. I'll meet you on our main jobsite and take you around and give you an idea of what we do. Then we can sit down and talk about suppliers and employees and the other things involved with the business." I gave her the jobsite address and we agreed to meet at nine the next morning.

Things were a lot calmer the next morning. I had four houses on the go; two reno's and two new structures. Our part of the business was to frame and sheath the new parts and cut the openings for windows and doors and that was it. I showed her the list of jobs we had lined up which would keep us busy for at least a month. In the meantime, new jobs were being proposed almost every day, so we wouldn't be short of work from March through October. The trick was to make sure we had the manpower to do all the work and not get behind.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.