Little's Life - Cover

Little's Life

Copyright© 2008 by Deenara2000

Chapter 4

Little walked into the constabulary office and up to the desk where a bored looking man sat. Little had come into the city looking different, so he could see for himself what had happened to Martin's place. Part of the stables looked like they had been hacked down and someone had tried to start a fire but failed. Martin was now working to get the area cleaned up so he could rebuild, then Little checked on Mrs. Nomy finding her well and working hard.

After clearing his throat, to get the man's attention, Little said, "Excuse me, I would like to report an assault."

"You and everyone else," Said the man before he looked up, but then his eyes froze as they settled on the man in front of him.

Little just waited for him to continue, it was clear this man was surprised to see Little alive.

"And this assumed assault?" the constable said after he swallowed hard to clear his throat.

"Yes, it happened two days ago. I was attacked by six ruffians in an attempted retaliation on me for stopping their childish game of tormenting a poor old woman. Several had knives and one had a club. The leader's name, I found out later, is a Mr. Greggor."

"You put the hurt on Greggor and his men? You're lucky to be alive!"

"They didn't stand a chance against me. I've had training to handle up to ten men at one time."

"Really, the only one's I ever heard tell that could do that, were the King's elite," the man said laughingly.

"I went through the basic training, but life happens and I had to choose a different path, to the disappointment of my uncle," Little says with a smile.

"Your... ," the man squeaked, "Your uncle; he's in the Elite's?"

"Yes, he is. Now back to the assault."

"Look Mr... ," The man interrupted.

"Mr. Tel." Little supplied.

"Look Mr. Tell, the truth is I can take the report, but it will only serve to put you in more danger. The men you stopped are on the lookout for you. The best I can do is let you go out the back," The man said with genuine concern.

"I have no fear of those men, and I assumed that there was nothing that would be done with the current administration. That is why I took the liberty to send a request for an investigation by the Elites."

"You did what? Do you know what that is going to do? Those men won't make it to this building."

"I sincerely hope your wrong. If something does happen to them. The results are not good. I should tell you what happened to the last fools from a town like this. The group was there just visiting friends when the four of them were jumped and hurt very badly. When the Elites heard this, they leveled the city to the ground. The city is only now back to where it once was and that was over ten years ago."

"But you can keep that from happening right? You can stop them from coming?" The man said with real fear in his voice.

"I've been in town for five days, not counting the attack on me, I've heard of at least ten other assaults; as well as seven kidnappings, five which were children, and that was while I've been here. I have yet to hear anything about searches being conducted or of any other investigations. I've heard other things too. So no, I will not be stopping them. I will be helping them. On top of that, this morning Horse Master Martin's stables were attack. Luckily, my cousin is alright. His brother will be very pissed none the less."

The man was clearly in shock and knew, if the city survived, it would be a miracle. "Sir, I will personally see to it that this complaint is investigated."

"I would expect nothing less," Little said then turned, and walked out of the building.

Little knew Greggor and his group were there, someone had seen him enter the building just as he wanted. Little stopped and looked around with a sigh. "Come on, lets get this over with," he whispers.


Greggor waited patiently for the man that had beaten him to come out of the constable's office. He chuckled to himself knowing the constabulary would do nothing unless Jake's old man told them to. He ran the place after all.

This was Greggor's city or he really should say his father's city, which meant that he could do what ever he wanted, whenever he wanted. The only downside had been the humiliating beating he and his friends had gotten at the hands of the man he was now waiting for.

Finally, his prey emerged from the building. The man looked around but seemed to be waiting. Greggor decided he did not need to wait any longer and raised his hand, then brought it down.


Little was ready but he need not have bothered, as a half dozen arrows or so clattered at his feet and only did he have to lift his foot so it would not scuff his boot on the arrows. Then he walked down the steps to the street and again he stopped and waited.


Greggor couldn't believe that his men couldn't hit the man. 'Fine' he thought, 'I like the idea of the man being pummeled anyway. '

He stepped out, signaling the others to follow. "So you finally show your fuckin ugly face. What... , you scared or something!" Greggor Yelled.

"Nope, just waiting for you," Answered Little.

"I's gonna fucking kills you for that beaten the other day!"

"You don't have enough people and even if you had, I don't believe you could do more that give me a light work out," Little replied, trying to goad them into acting first, though the arrow attack was a nice start.

"You think you all bad. What, you think you as good as me and my boys? Some of them's got King's trainin'." A sneering Greggor replied.

"If they had King's Elite training you might not have had your ass handed to you the other day," Little said in a very clam voice.

Greggor stopped short. Kings training was one thing but Elite training was something far beyond that. "You ain't got Elite trainin. No fuckin way!"

Little sighed, then placed his right arm behind his back and held the back of his pants for good measure. "Let your King's trained men test themselves and see where they stand."

Ten men walked forward, circling Little as he stood waiting. Several had knives, two had a length of chain, and one had a club. "I suggest you put the toys down. They could be used on you or one of the others," Little said, but the men didn't listen to him.

The club and one of the chain wielders moved first. It was almost funny when the club was yanked from it's owners hand by the chain holder as the chain wrapped about it. The three men with knives came in, moments later three hands were broken, and the knives lay in pieces on the ground at Little's feet. The rest couldn't take it any more and charged in, only to end up on their backsides with broken arms, and bloody noses.

"I asked for the ones with training; not dragon fodder," Little said as he removed his arm from his back. "Now if you'll excuse me. I need to go help a friend rebuild his stable, which you all tried to burn down. This needs done before his brother and the squad of Elites get here. They see his place like it is now and, well let's just say you won't want to be around," Little said and started to walk off.

That was too much for Greggor and he charged Little as the rest of the men followed. When the dust cleared, only Little was standing. Sadly, some of the men with weapons were clumsy, killing their own people. Greggor was on the ground both arms broken and a large cut on his leg that was still bleeding.

"Greggor, I'm going to tell you this just once, leave this town, find a nice little job and maybe even a family, that is if any woman would have you, but leave soon. I will not be so nice next time. This city is in for a wake up. The Elite's take a dim view on kidnapping, rape or any kind of abuse, also you tell who ever is in charge here to leave or I promise you this, they'll find themselves at the end of the King's noose."


When Little left that morning, he went cross-country to one of the other main roads that led to the city of River's T. That was why he never saw the strange band of men and wagons heading down the road towards his mother's place.


It was nearly noon and Seleena was in her office when one of the young servants knocked. "Mistress, Kara asks if your expecting any one this afternoon?"

"No I'm not. Why?" Seleena reached out with her mind but found no one. This didn't make her feel good. She got up, moved to the window, and could just see the end of large group of armed men.

"Go! Tell Kara were under attack!" Seleena yelled and the girl ran off.

Seleena knew a powerful mage had to be with the group in order to hide them from her and her magical sensors. She ran after the girl and chanted as she went to trigger the many protections she had placed around the Keep. Most were up when she made it to the main entrance to find several men, including Tim already engaged in combat. Then Seleena received a hit. Seleena staggered under the force of the spell but held her ground and shrugging it off. Because of that, she now knew where the mages were, and there were several. Seleena barked and growled out her spells to trap the mages. Then, she received another hit, but this time it had very little effect. Finally, her spell casting done, and the mages trapped, she turned to the more mundane attack.


Tim had just left Madeline, who he was quickly falling in love with, with all three of her children in the garden. He wanted to check the area around the keep just to be safe. He had just made the front courtyard when he heard a cry and saw one of the grounds keepers go down with an arrow in his side. Drawing his sword as he ran to the young man's side he saw at least Thirty men advancing towards him. Tim bellowed a call to arms and moved to face his first target; His training kicking into high gear. It was only when there were no other targets for him to take out that he stopped and looked around. Thirty to forty men lay dead or dieing around him. Sadly, some he knew were Seleena's servants and friends. Then the Pain hit him. His left arm had a bad slice down it, as well as one across his stomach. Then to make things even better, he had a burning arrow in the side of his leg, which he pulled out, using the flames to seal the wound. Then, he heard his name called, Madeline was trying to run, but was acting strangely, as she carried little Ally.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.