Dreamweaver
Chapter 76: A Karma Day?

Copyright© 2008 by Shadow of Moonlite

Erotica Sex Story: Chapter 76: A Karma Day? - As if being a teenager weren't hard enough, Jimmy must now use his gift to help his friend Angela recover from her ordeal, while still helping the FBI catch the man responsible. And then there are the other little problems... Dreamweaver is the sequel to Sleepwalker, many of the same themes apply but most of the sex has been taken 'off screen'. The themes involved are adult in nature and include references to bondage, teenage sex, dominant/submissive behavior, incest, and rape.

Caution: This Erotica Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Paranormal  

Normally I hate hospitals. The last time I had been in one had been to say goodbye to Shannon. The time before that I had woken up in one after my fight with Brad Russell and his two buddies. I guess visiting a friend, even a dying friend, beats waking up in one, but still, not generally something I looked forward to; until now. This trip I was looking forward to.

Rebecca used her ID to secure us a parking space that would normally have gotten her towed away and we made our way inside. It was a busy place, the buzz of activity all but drowning out the sounds of suffering humanity. Based on everyone's general opinion of the level of compassion in the modern medical industry, I thought it was a good analogy.

We got directions to the ward where Amy was being housed from the reception desk and quickly got lost. Another inquiry sent us in a totally different direction and got us even more lost than we had been. Rebecca was looking around for someone to shoot when I spotted an older black man pushing a mop bucket. He reminded me of Stuart, the big nurse at Arrowhead Regional who had attended both me and Shannon, only much older and a lot smaller. I stopped him, introduced myself, shook his hand and explained our dilemma. I think it was the handshake that really made the difference. Apparently not many people shook hands with the janitors there. Whatever the reason, he asked me to wait while he put the mop away, and then he personally escorted us to the right area. I shook his hand again and thanked him for his help. The look on the faces of the medical personnel at the nurse's station confirmed their opinion of the janitors. That made me sad but there was nothing I could do about it so I let it go.

Amy was in a room by herself, connected to a new assortment of machines doing the exact same jobs the old one's had been. That pissed Rebecca off and she asked the doctor why they had changed them and where the original equipment was. He explained that for liability reasons they had to use equipment the hospital could vouch for. He said he had no idea where the original equipment had been sent, but that he would have someone check on it right away. Rebecca informed him that the Bureau had a record of every item and that if they could not produce them -- in working condition, they were paying for them, and then she turned her attention to Amy. Walter, who had been standing there holding Amy's hand the whole time, moved off to make room for her.

"Her heart rate is too high," she said, looking at the monitor. "Did you give her something?"

"Excuse me?" the doctor said. He pulled her chart from the end of the bed and looked at it. "No," he said, shaking his head. "Looks like we contacted her regular care providers and she's not on any medication. She's on normal fluids and nutrients, as for her heartbeat, it's fluctuated a little but it's within normal parameters. What makes you think there is something wrong?"

"Thirteen years of experience," she answered.

"I didn't realize you were a physician," He said sarcastically.

"I have a suggestion," I said, trying to defuse the situation before she strangled him with his own stethoscope.

The doctor glanced at me like he'd just realized there was another person in the room, saw a kid, frowned, and ignored me. Fortunately Rebecca had a little more respect for me by now.

"What's that?" she asked.

"She's had a rough couple days and she's in a different environment. Maybe she's a little stressed."

"She's in a coma," the doctor said sarcastically. "She has no perception of her environment, she couldn't possibly be..."

Rebecca cut him off.

"You obviously don't have much experience with coma patients," she snapped. "I suggest you read up. What did you have in mind, David?"

I smiled and said, "Maybe she just needs a little reassurance. She knows your voice from all the times you've read to her. Why don't you try telling her she's safe and that everything is all right?"

She looked at me and I held her eye for a second. Suddenly her breath caught, the color drained from her face, and she whispered, "No."

My grin got a little bigger, "It's worth a try."

She turned back to the bed, took Amy's hand, stroked her forehead and said, "It's okay Amy, you're safe now."

And a miracle happened.

The heart monitor sped up, and Amy's body convulsed slightly as she took a sudden deep breath, her eyes fluttered open and darted around the room. It seemed like she tried to move and was obviously heading toward panic when she discovered she couldn't.

The doctor had been frozen in shock, staring in disbelief, but then it seemed like his training suddenly kicked in as he grabbed the alarm button next to the bed, pushed it three times and began checking Amy's monitors.

Amy was really starting to look stressed and tears were forming in her eyes. Rebecca squeezed her hand and raised it to her lips, kissing it tenderly. That got Amy's attention but she clearly didn't recognize the strange woman standing next to her.

"It's okay, baby," Rebecca said. "Everything is okay."

Fear still shown in the girl's eyes and she tried to speak, but years of disuse had taken a toll. Finally she got out something that sounded like, "Wh-wh-whooo?"

"It's Becky, baby," Rebecca croaked, her voice choked with emotion. "I know I look different, but it's really me, I promise."

Tears were starting to leak down Rebecca's face. She took a moment to glare at me before giving a choked sob and turning back to Amy.

Amy's eyes swept the room, taking in her surroundings and all the strange faces. Finally she spied Walter standing next to me, her eyes locked on him, and her mouth moved. There wasn't much sound but you could see her trying to make the word. There was the W shape and a little 'er at the end. Not only did she see him, apparently she recognized him.

She didn't recognize Rebecca or me, but she recognized Walter?

"Too weird," Jamie said.

"Walter," I said. "She recognizes you, talk to her."

"Yes, my Lord," he said and then turned to her. "All is well, little one," he said, stepping to the end of the bed. "I am here. I know you do not understand but she is telling you the truth, she is your sister, Rebecca, but she has changed much during your long sleep. Listen to her voice, does it not sound familiar? It will be difficult for you to understand but what she will tell you is the truth."

You could almost see the question in her eyes.

"I will be right here, little one." He said without needing to be asked.

You could see Amy's body relax and she turned back to Rebecca, smiled and did her best to squeeze her hand. It was a weak attempt but that would come in time.

"Keep talking," I said. "I think she may recognize that easier than your face."

The doctor had been ignoring me before but now he realized I was still there. "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to step outside while we..."

"While you what?" Rebecca demanded angrily. "So far he's been the only one with a sensible suggestion. He won't be in the way." She moved to make room for the nurses, being careful to keep a hand on Amy and stay where she could see her. "It's okay, Amy, I understand you're confused, and I'll explain everything, I promise, but right now we just need to let the doctors check you out, okay?"

Amy glanced at Walter and he said, "You must be brave, little one, and patient, I am right here." She looked back at Rebecca but this time she didn't try to speak, nodding her head slightly instead.

I moved away and came back with the box of tissues I had spotted on the table by the window, handing one to Rebecca.

"I am going to kill you," she whispered as she dabbed at her eyes.

I stepped in and kissed her cheek, "I love you, too." Then I stepped back over by the window. My only regret was that Allison hadn't been here. Aside from the fact that I know she would have liked to be here when Amy woke up, I had hoped to be able to see her again.

I called Rod and gave him the news, both good and bad. Amy waking up meant he had just lost one of his top agents for the near future. Although the fact that her awakening coincided with the end of Rebecca's biggest case was a nice bonus for everyone. He offered to send a car for me, but I told him not to bother, since I really had nowhere to go here anyway I was just going to take a cab to the airport and catch the next flight back to Vegas. His secretary, Eleanor, called while I was still in the cab and told me where to pick up my ticket. First class is nice, even on such a short flight.

The good karma was still flowing when I landed. The local Bureau office had been contacted with my arrival information and had someone meet me and take me to the private lot my car was stored in. I made a quick exit that didn't cost me anything, and the message light was on in my room at the hotel. I called the voicemail number and Doreen's voice informed me that my apartment was ready and dinner was at 5:30 and don't be late. The message said she was baking a chicken and making a big-ole batch of cornbread. I wasn't sure how much 'big-ole' actually translated to, but I got the impression I was going to have to really watch my calories around Doreen.

I was paid through the end of the week but I checked out anyway and took my meager store of belongings to my new apartment. I was pleasantly surprised to see Regina's car in the driveway and a little shocked when Bobby actually came out to help me with my stuff.

"Hey, Bobby!" I called. "How's it going?"

"Real good, Mr. Malcolm. Let me help you with your gear."

"Thanks," I said. "Bobby, I'm not that much older than you, call me David."

"Nah, I don't think so," he said. "Not right away, anyhow. I been thinking about all that stuff you told me; you know, about respect and all. I don't think age have a lot to do with it. You may not be that much older, but what you did for me, that was big, and what you doin' for my grandma? Man, that's just over the top."

"It's a business arrangement, Bobby, I needed a place to stay, she had one available. It works out for both of us." I closed the trunk and he led the way through the house.

"Yeah but you could get a place anywhere, and momma says you're paying way too much for the place. She said you could get yourself a nice condo a dozen places in the city for less. Nah, you're doing this because you want to. You know grandma wouldn't take no help if you offered it, so you found a way to help that she would accept. I'm thinking that's the kind of stuff deserves respect, not the shi..." He caught himself. "Not the kind of stuff the brothers be talking 'bout. I talked to my counselor at school about what you said and the dude 'bout passed out."

He chuckled and went on, "Anyway, you don't mind, I think I'll stay with Mr. Malcolm for a while. Maybe one of these days I'll do something to earn your respect, then we can talk about me callin' you David."

What can I say, I was blown away. "Whatever you're comfortable with Bobby. As for the rest, I'm starting a business -- some condos, and cities, frown on that sort of thing. Plus, I like my privacy and you never know what kind of neighbors you'll get in a condo or apartment.

"Your grandfather permitted this as an office so I don't have to worry about legal issues. It's on residential property so there is no legal problem with your grandmother renting it for me to live in either. Like I said, it works out for both of us. Besides, it comes with a pool. Which I noticed needs to be cleaned. You interested in some part time work?"

"You doin' all this an' now you want to give me a job? Dude, you are out your mind."

"Is that a no?" I asked, holding the back door for him to go through.

"Hell, no," he said. "Just 'cause you crazy don't mean I won't take your money."

"Good," I said. "Have you ever actually done pool maintenance before?"

"No, grandpa had a service, but it's water, man. How hard can it be?"

"Right," I said. "Ask me that again in two weeks."

"Oh, man, don't be saying that! Now you got me worried I'm going to be makin' a fool of myself."

I laughed and said, "Don't worry; I'll teach you, I did it for years when I lived with my parents. It's not that hard as long as you're consistent and stay on top of it."

The pool-house-slash-apartment was really well planned out. It was actually a one-bedroom apartment with an attached office, a small kitchen, and a half bathroom; just a shower, no tub. The 'office' doubled as the living room and also a spare bedroom, with a wall-bed hidden in a compartment behind a set of bookshelves. That part was really cool; you just slid the two center sections out and to the side to get to the bed. There was even recessed lighting behind it so you could lie in bed and read. The 'office' portion had really only consisted of a large desk and the file cabinet that Regina had taken.

I called the local cable provider to see about having a hi-speed internet connection added. The building was already wired for cable, but it was all on Doreen's account, and I needed billing changed and a special modem added.

They told me they could have someone out the following Monday. I was hoping to get it done sooner, but it's not like I used it that much. They offered me one of their 'bundle' plans that came with phone, cable television, and internet at a reduced price and I almost said no, but then I remembered the long term plans I had for the place, so I went ahead and took it.

My moving in had given Regina the chance she wanted to clean out the office. She had spent the morning boxing up and hauling out her dad's files and personal effects, and then, apparently, she and Doreen had spent the afternoon spit-shining the place. No, really, the floor was so clean you couldn't even tell where the filing cabinet had been.

But it looked bare; sterile in a way that even the hotel rooms I'd been living in hadn't. I thought about saying something, but thankfully, I have people around to keep me from sticking my foot in my mouth. Normally it's Allison, but Jamie fills in when she's not available.

"Don't," she said.

"Don't what?" I asked.

"Jimmy, what you're feeling is an absence. You know Doreen's husband used to live here, well, not live really but you know what I mean. When you look around there is nothing left to show that he was ever here. It's like in cleaning they erased the last traces of his existence. You've never really been someplace this ... empty, before, so it feels wrong to you, it reminds you of a hospital, it's sterile, lifeless. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

"Yeah, I get it, and you're right, but how did you know what I was thinking? Has something else changed and now you can pick things up even when they are not directed at you?"

"No, but I could sense you were uneasy and I know you, so it wasn't much of a stretch to figure out what it was. All the little things, the way your eyes move around the room like you're searching for something you can't find, stuff like that."

"So by 'don't' you meant..."

"I meant don't mention it to Doreen."

"God, am I that obvious?"

"Let's just call it consistent and leave it at that. Bringing it up to Doreen would just stir up painful memories of her husband. Let it go."

"Thanks, sis."

"Someone has to keep you out of trouble and Allison isn't here."

"She must be rubbing off on you."

"I wish," she said. The sudden flare of lust left no doubt what she meant. "Maybe later," she added. "That will give me something to do while you try not to tell everyone what really happened last night."

"Yeah, no shit. I think we need to talk to her and Bob before I meet with our favorite Feds."

"Oh, you think? Fortunately I'll be there for that part, because at some point you're going to need to tell me all about Brandiy and what the fuck is going on."

"Yeah," I said. "Right after someone tells me; granted I've had more time with her than you have, but obviously there is a whole lot more going on here than we ever dreamed."

"No kidding. Obviously she's the one who's been helping you all along but it's still kind of scary to think about. Jimmy, she knows things."

"I know, but I trust her; and Allison trusts her. What I'd really like to do is get her in a room with Elizabeth so she can get a look at her; Lizzy will know."

"Now there's an idea."

Dinner was everything I had been afraid it would be and Doreen was like the grandma I'd never had.

"Oh, David, have another piece of cornbread, but be sure you save room for dessert."

Dessert! No one had said anything about dessert! I was reminded of Britney after that first barbeque at our house, complaining she was going to have to run fifty miles to burn it all off.

"Oh, you just had to go there, didn't you?" Jamie scolded.

After dinner I took Bobby out for his first lesson on pool maintenance. Theo had kept all the chemicals locked in a steel cabinet behind the apartment. We got the key from Doreen and I started teaching him what the different chemicals were and what they were used for. The first thing we did was clean out the filter system and check over all the hoses and pumps. Then we 'shocked' the pool, which would cause everything to settle so we could vacuum it all out. I gave him the manual on the pump and a list of the chemicals, and told him to come back in two days for his test.

"Test?" He asked. "I gotta take a test?"

"Why would I hire someone if they couldn't do the work? You can't handle chemicals if you don't know what they are or what they do and you should never operate machinery you are not familiar with. So yeah, there's a test. You don't get to start working or get paid until you pass it. Of course, if you'd rather I could just hire a service or do it myself?"

He decided the money was worth the effort and went home to study and do his homework. I read a couple more chapters of Kushiel's Chosen — at the rate I was going it was going to take me forever to finish, and then it was time to get to work.

I was starting early to try and stay ahead of the new people popping in. Everyone was still awake, but Amber and Lizzy were waiting for me so I started there. Actually we started on the water slide but you get the point. After a couple runs, we moved to the little covered area on the beach and sat in the shade to discuss Amber's future, right after I told her to take her collar off.

"So," I began. "Now that all the restrictions are being lifted, who do you want to be?"

I was surprised when, even though the collar was off, she got out of her chair and knelt in front of us. "Who I am is not important. You told me who I am is not dictated by the collar, that it was my decision, and whether I am Angela or Amber, all that matters is that I belong to you, I will be whoever you want me to be as long as I can stay with you."

"The only way that will ever change," Lizzy said, looking down into her eyes, "is if you choose to leave us. I can safely speak for the both of us when I say that we will never give you up any other way. Is that clear?"

"Yes, Mistress," she said, eyes downcast.

Apparently she was serious about the collar not mattering to her and from then on it was only going to be a convenience so everyone else knew who they were dealing with.

"Good," Lizzy said sternly. "Because if you ever, ever, suggest again that we may someday not want you, it better be because you want to be punished, for you will be. Do you remember Phedre's night with Melisande? Should you ever, in my presence, make such a suggestion again, I will break you. Do I make myself clear?" There was a steely edge in her voice that I had never heard before, and I knew that she would do as she threatened and make Amber use her safe word.

"Yes Mistress," Angela replied and even though I could hear the genuine fear in her voice, still there was something else there. Love, for she knew in her heart that it was love that caused Lizzy to speak to her that way.

"See that you do not forget it. Now get up in your chair and let's talk about your future. Do you wish to reveal yourself to your family?"

"I would like to see my parents again," she said. "To let them know that I'm alive and okay. I don't want them to know who I really am though; they would never understand."

"And your brother?" I asked.

"I would love to see Timmy again. We haven't talked about him before. How is he? Is he happy? Has he moved on?"

"He's doing okay," I said. "I had to kick his ass up around his ears but he finally started moving forward again. He even started seeing Cindy again — though God only knows why she puts up with him after all the shit he put her through, and he's running again..."

"Again?" She interrupted, always the clearest indication that this was Angela we were speaking to. "He stopped?"

"Yes. It was too much of a reminder. It hurt too much. But he started again after we talked." I ran the sequence of my early morning visit to Tim. She laughed and cried and was happy at how it came out, stepping over to hug and kiss me.

"Thank you," she said as she moved back to her chair. "I'm so glad you were able to be there for him the same way you were for me."

"That was the morning I met Britney," I added.

"Really," she said with a smile. "And how is my little Black Cloud?"

I couldn't help getting dark when I answered. "Her family is in protective custody, I don't even know where she is."

"What?" she said. "What happened?" Then she caught herself and lowered her eyes. "I'm sorry, I have overstepped myself."

"No," I said. "You have not overstepped yourself. This affects you so you should know the truth. Someone has been after me for a while now. They tried to kidnap me once, but I got away. In their second attempt they kidnapped Britney, in part to see if I could rescue her. They said they hadn't actually intended her harm, and I now believe that to be true, but at the time I had no way to know that. Right now my primary concern is making sure she and her family are not endangered again. My family is in protective custody as well. I'm currently living in Las Vegas under the name David Malcolm, working on a different problem, and trying to have a life."

"You mean..."

I guessed where she was going and interrupted her. "Yes, Allison is in hiding with my parents. We have not seen each other since before I went to meet your Mistress and arrange for your care at school, except here of course. I have recently learned who it is that is after me so I hope to have it resolved soon. Now, let's get back to the issue of your future. We were talking about Tim."

"I would like to see him," she said. "I want to talk to him, try to explain that my life is different, that I'm different. I'm not going to tell him everything though, not right away, he wouldn't understand any better than my parents. In time, I hope Tim will be ready to learn the whole truth, but my parents would never understand."

"Very well, I will see that arrangements are made so that you can see them. Do you want to tell them the truth about my involvement since you disappeared? Do you think they will understand that I knew the truth and kept it from them?"

"I think they will be angry at first, but they will understand. I will explain it to Tim when I talk to him. I will explain to him that I owe my life and my sanity to someone who was there for me throughout the ordeal. He will be grateful that I had someone to be there for me. When he has accepted that and understands that I have changed and moved on then I will tell him that it was you. I think it would be best if he didn't know the whole truth of our relationship yet. That will have to wait. A lot will depend on whether he has really moved on or not. I won't know for sure how much to tell him until I see him and have a chance to talk to him"

"Would you like one of us to be there with you?"

"Are you kidding? I want you both to be there, but I think it would be best if you weren't. I think ... I think this is something I have to do."

"I'm still worried about her safety, Jimmy." Lizzy asked. "Henslith knows the truth; knows she's alive and that it was you that rescued her. She would be a target, someone to use against you, like Britney."

"I'll talk to Rebecca. If she's not tied up with Amy, I'm sure she would love to be the one to take you home again. If she can't do it then maybe Rod can assign someone."

Sensing that the decision was now made, Angela slid to the ground once more and bowed her head. Her collar faded back in as she said, "Thank you, my Masters, I am truly blessed to have you both."

"And we are honored to have you, Amber. You know this will mean revealing who you are at school as well. The publicity of the Sandman's end and your safe return to your family will make it next to impossible to remain in hiding."

"That's not a problem," she said. "Not for me anyway; I don't have a problem with them knowing I'm 'Easy's Piece.'"

"Easy's Piece?" I asked.

"Oh yeah, you haven't been around lately," Lizzy said. "That night I took her to Frankie's on her leash... ? Oh ... my God! It went through the school like wildfire. You cannot believe the number of parties we've been invited to. There have been other 'inquiries', if you know what I mean, as well."

"I can imagine," I answered, and then froze Amber before going on. "I don't like the nickname. It's not a problem but I don't think she should be with anyone who uses it."

"I love you!" Lizzy said, rushing over, throwing her arms around my neck, and kissing me. "I was planning on making the same suggestion. If they don't respect her they don't deserve her, and I don't think you could ask for a better litmus test."

I nodded and returned her to her seat before releasing Amber. "Very well, there are other things we need to talk about, is there somewhere you would like to go?"

Her eyes lit, "Master, could I perhaps return to the House of Seven Willows?"

"Certainly, and just so you know, May has expressed a desire to see you again as well. Now that you no longer need to hide, perhaps we will arrange a trip for you. There are other considerations, but if it could be arranged, do you think you would like that?"

"Very much, Master, thank you."

I dreamed up a mirror, hid Lizzy from view, put Amber in disguise — there was no longer any point in mine, since May had now met me, and called, "Lady Jasmine?"

Her image took shape in the mirror quickly.

"An unexpected honor," she said. "How may I be of service?"

"Your pupil has requested permission to return to your care for the night."

"I am honored, Amber," Jasmine said with a bow. "You are always welcome in the House of Seven Willows. With your Master's permission I would have you tonight as my guest."

"It is I who am honored, Mistress," Amber replied, bowing in return and then turning to me seeking permission.

"Go," I commanded.

She rose graceful as a cat and walked unhesitatingly into the mirror. Jasmine met her with a hug and I let the mirror fade.

"May has asked?" Lizzy said. "She knows the truth?"

"Yeah, she told me when we were together last week. She said Jasmine needed her perspective to keep up with Amber's rapid progress. She also said she would die before she would betray the trust Jasmine placed in her."

"What about Bastion? He could get it out of her."

"Jasmine does not let either of them out of the Seven Willows alone. Two guards are with them at all times. It was a special measure of trust that Jasmine had sent her to me unattended."

"But?" she asked, a question in her eyes.

I nodded. "They did a good job, but I spotted them."

"Good, on both sides. So where do we go from here?"

"Oh, it's going to be a night of surprises, and I think we should go share one of them now that more people are available."

Allison was asleep; she had been for a few minutes but I was holding her suspended until we were done with Amber. Bob and Rebecca were at the little B&B they stayed at when they visited Amy. Amy was back in her room at the center preparing to start the grueling task of learning how to use her body again. I sent a warning to Bob, waited a few seconds, and then opened the door into the changing tent for them. Allison didn't bother with doors anymore and just popped into the chair Amber had left.

"You've been busy," she said.

"What do you mean?" Lizzy asked.

"Seat's still warm," Allison said with a smile. "Amber?"

"Amber," I answered, giving her a confirming nod at the same time. "She's coming home to see Tim and her parents."

"That could be complicated."

 
There is more of this chapter...

When this story gets more text, you will need to Log In to read it

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.