Strangers to Love - Cover

Strangers to Love

Copyright© 2008 by Lady Ilsa

Chapter 3

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 3 - In 1902, a 23 year old woman is practically a spinster. Leanna is left to fix up and sell the farm after Grandfather dies. Help arrives in the form of James Turner - a man with a ghost and a quest and no time for a woman.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Historical  

Leanna woke later in the afternoon, refreshed and worried. She wondered where James was and more importantly, she wondered what she should do. It really would help to have him here to help get the place ready to sell - if she could.

She hated the thought of moving away from this place. It had been home, refuge and sanctuary. After her mother had died and no one could find her father, her Grandfather had been a last, and some said poor, resort. At first he had been at a loss as to what to do with her. She had been so sad, crying for her mother, unable to accept that she was alone with this old man she didn't know. But slowly, he won her over. He treated her like an equal and that made all the difference. Her mother never told her anything bad about him, but Leanna felt that a falling out was why Mama had left home. She suspected it may have had something to do with her father - whom she didn't remember. He had left when she was very young and Mama never spoke of him. Grandfather never spoke of her mother except on Mama's birthday, which they celebrated every year.

Leanna stopped her musings and got dressed. She wore a white blouse and black pants tucked into good work boots, much like a man would - working around the farm in a dress was difficult at best and she and Grandfather had thought it ridiculous to try. She was as comfortable in mens clothing as women's but when out in public, off the farm or when visitors were expected, she was a perfect lady. She grabbed her hat - much like the men wore also - wide brim to shade her eyes with a rawhide tie under her chin. She also had her work gloves tucked into her back pocket. The thin chain and locket that she always wore the only truly feminine thing she wore - except her underclothes, of course. Her chemise and the knickers had been altered to wear under the pants and were a soft silk. She couldn't bring herself to wear men's underclothes. She headed to the kitchen hoping to find coffee and maybe a bite to eat.

She could hear James and Billy, laughing in the side yard. Looking out the window she nearly lost her ability to breathe.

James was shaving. Such a manly, natural thing. He sat on a low stool while Billy held a mirror. He was stripped to the waist. The muscles of his torso spoke to a life of manual work or strenuous physical activity. A towel was thrown over his shoulder and his suspenders hung down over his thighs. He had his boots off and his feet were bare.

Billy was obviously telling a joke. He kept stopping to laugh and that made James laugh too. They seemed at ease with each other and that went a long way to making Leanna trust him. Billy, despite his disability, was an excellent judge of character and not constrained by tact - he would let you know if you didn't meet his approval as 'nice'.

Leanna jumped slightly when James stood up, wiping his face with the towel and dumping the water bucket. His muscled back was broad and the skin light. There was an angry red scar that ran from below his right shoulder blade to his side ending at the ribs. It looked recently healed. She wondered about it and felt compassion for the pain he must have suffered because of the wound. He turned towards the house and she stepped back from the window to avoid being seen. She didn't want him to think she was spying on him. Turning away from the window she resumed her search for coffee.

James caught a quick glimpse of movement at the window and just knew that he had been watched and by whom. Smiling to himself, he hoped she liked what she saw. Turning back to Billy, he grabbed up the clean shirt from his bag and put it on. Billy was going on about the cows - he had named each one and knew which calf belonged to which mother. His capacity for detail amazed James. While Billy had obvious deficits, the time he took with each cow under his care was touching.

'OK, Billy. Now that I'm presentable, let's find Leanna and see what needs to be done.' Billy had found him a corner of the loft with fresh hay, a decent blanket and even a pillow. He had managed a short nap after all the morning chores had been done and felt slightly more human.

' 'k James. 'Anna should be awake now - sleepn' the day'way's not good! Ma would be yellin' at me to get my lazy butt up!' Billy giggled at the word butt - like it was a bad word but he could use it around his friend. He started to run up the stairs to the back porch, waving to James to hurry. At that moment, Leanna opened the back door.

Smiling at Billy and then at James, Leanna motioned them inside.

'I have coffee on. Is anybody hungry?'

'Me!', shouted Billy and then he laughed and looked at James, 'Ma says 'm a bottomless pit.'

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.