Strangers to Love - Cover

Strangers to Love

Copyright© 2008 by Lady Ilsa

Chapter 2

Romantic Sex Story: Chapter 2 - In 1902, a 23 year old woman is practically a spinster. Leanna is left to fix up and sell the farm after Grandfather dies. Help arrives in the form of James Turner - a man with a ghost and a quest and no time for a woman.

Caution: This Romantic Sex Story contains strong sexual content, including Ma/Fa   Consensual   Heterosexual   Historical  

She woke up still sitting in the saddle, James was behind her with one arm around her waist and and the reins in his other hand. She stayed still, unwilling to to relinquish the warmth of his body at her back. They were almost back to the farm. It was still dark, but the eastern sky was lightening with the dawn.

She recognized this stretch of road leading to the farm. The trees were dense through here, but only for about thirty feet on either side of the road. The fields on either side were grassy with horses and cattle grazing. Actual farming had stopped 2 years ago with Grandfather's illness. The fields were lying mostly fallow except for about forty acres planted with wheat and maintained by a neighboring farmer. Grandfather had a rather large herd of cattle and the dairy cows helped keep money coming into the house. A few chickens and pigs were kept for food and Leanna's vegetable and herb garden was quite extensive and productive. The woods provided small game and even a deer or two when needed. Grandfather had taught her how to shoot and hunt, even though she was a girl. The ladies in town thought it was terrible that she was so 'wild', but for Leanna, it was a matter of survival.

The road leading to the house was near, so Leanna stopped her musings and let James know that she was awake. She sat up straight and tried to move his arm from around her waist.

'Not yet, this horse can be a bit cantankerous and I have no desire to see you fall. We're almost there, right?' He had been holding her and it had been a matter of will power to keep his arm at her waist. The swell of her breast grazed his bicep with the movement of the horse. He considered it fortunate that he had the back edge of the saddle between them, other wise she would feel his own swelling response to her nearness.

'Yes, this is the drive. The house is just over that rise.' She indicated a low hill. When they reached the top, he was given a beautiful view of a ranch style home with a large barn and four other outbuildings - one was long and low and he could hear the cows being herded in for morning milking. A male voice could be heard talking to the cows as they moved into the building.

'Who's here?'

'Billy Preston - he's the hired hand - only fourteen but strong as a bull and not too bright. His Ma thought he'd do better working than in school and I'm afraid I agree. I've known him since he was four and he thinks I'm like a sister. He's an only child and he's a bit touched.' Leanna tapped her temple with her finger. 'He talks a bit funny, but please don't tease him. He got enough of that in school. He feels safe here and he works hard.'

'I promise to treat him well. Doesn't anyone worry about you being alone out here with a boy like that? I mean, even boys who are slow of thought still have thoughts... '

'Oh, no. When you meet him you'll understand. The Doc said that something went wrong before he was born. In his head he's like a six year old - playful and funny and wants to please everyone. He'll tell you he's a 'good boy' and he really is. You'll see.'

James just nodded and decided to reserve judgment until he met the boy. He was feeling a bit protective of Leanna and wasn't sure if it was her helplessness in the woods or something more base. He thought of himself as honorable and a gentleman, despite his recent troubles, so he truly hoped that the pull in his lower stomach was just hunger for food. But if it was for Leanna, he was glad that he had insisted on staying in the barn. Distance would be necessary for her reputation as well as his desire to remain a gentleman and avoid any attachments. He already found her attractive and his own response to her was a matter of physical fact, but that didn't mean that he was beyond controlling himself.

He brought the horse to a stop in front of the house. It was a sprawling affair with a wide wrap around porch. There were a half dozen rockers, a few low tables, and a trellis with a profusion of climbing roses. The vegetable garden was visible along the left side of the house and appeared to James to be well-tended. The whole place looked very well cared for and prosperous. He was surprised that it hadn't already sold.

To read this story you need a Registration + Premier Membership
If you have an account, then please Log In or Register (Why register?)

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.