Blood Fang - Cover

Blood Fang

Copyright© 2008 by David Caspian

Chapter 6

Paul showed up early the following day to his new job, eager for a new beginning. No longer would he be an alpha, and worse case scenario he could at least pretend to be normal. When the first dogs came in, he began their check ups, trying to hide the fact that he could hear them. He succeeded as far as the police were concerned, the dogs however knew better. Watching his every move they reacted to his every word and intention as if they clearly understood, and indeed they did. In an odd way Paul found it comforting. When his shift ended, Paul wandered the streets and listened with a sense of joy. Finding his way to the edge of the city he found a hill overlooking it. Seeing the city below and the moon shining overhead embraced what he was and howled. The dogs of the city took up his call, hailing their king and Blood Fang's call echoed across the countryside, its power weakening beyond the city. Among the beasts of the city new Were were made and left the city to follow the call. Blood Fang waited for them, and within an hour they were gathered around him: tigers, cats, dogs, birds, rats and every other pet or creature that lived there. Not all the animals of the city were changed, only a handful of each in fact that now stood naked in human form, but these were new, and all recognized Blood Fang as their Alpha.

"I give up a pack and instead I am given a nation. It seems I can no longer run from what I am. So be it. Come young ones. There is something I must do." Blood Fang said shifting into wolf form and leading the way into the woods. Shifting into their animal forms the new Were followed.

Tom Larsen like the rest of the pack heard the echo of the call, but they did not feel its intended effect. To them it was just a call they recognized and Tom was not surprised when his son appeared, though he was interested why so many strange new Were followed him.

"I have come for what is mine father." Blood Fang said, wolf to wolf.

Some members of the pack growled at Blood Fang and those that accompanied him, but Tom silenced them.

"It is yours if you truly want it." Tom said.

"I do." Blood Fang replied.

One of the males from Blood Fang's old pack couldn't believe it, "You are not even going to fight for it?"

"We already have. I don't imagine anything will change from last time." Tom said.

"Then I claim this pack as my own, unless any would like to challenge." Blood Fang said.

"I would." The male who had spoken up earlier said. Blood Fang's moved before the other knew what was happening. The challenge had been offered and the other male was caught by surprise as Blood Fang attacked ferociously whimpering and biting the challenger tried his best to fight, but he was quickly overpowered and he was forced to give up. Laying on his back, he stayed in a submissive position, whimpering at his wounds as Blood Fang growled and bared his fangs.

When it was clear that the challenger was done Blood Fang said, "Are there any others?"

No one challenged him after that and Blood Fang let the challenger up.

"These Were are now as kin to you, and shall be treated accordingly. They belong to me just as you do." Blood Fang said and watched the pack greet the new Were. A presence nearby attracted Blood Fang's attention and he left his pack to meet her. Persephone smiled when she saw him approach in the form of a wolf.

"I was wondering when you would return here." She said.

Shifting into human form as he approached Paul said, "I had some things to think about."

"My, my, my, I..." Persephone's words of admiration at the sight of his physique were cut off as Paul kissed her.

Paul awoke to find his father looking down at him in human form.

"Well I imagine you've been busy. Your companion retreated to the safety of her home before dawn came. By the look of her, she had a roll in the grass. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that would you son?" His father said.

"Spying on me old man?" Paul teased back.

"Merely looking out for my new Alpha. She is beautiful son, but..." Tom started to say.

"But she is a vampire. It's complicated." Paul said.

"Not really." Tom said.

"You just said..." Paul said suddenly confused.

"I was simply stating the obvious. I also said she was beautiful, and as long as she likes you like you like her, then I fail to see a problem. Live your life son." Tom said.

"What should I do?" Paul asked.

"Well normally you would take her to dinner before sleeping with her. Now I think you at least owe her the first part." Tom answered.

Paul sensed something in the background; a presence that was barely there one moment, and then gone before he could locate it. Whatever it was, he had never felt it before, and what bothered him the most was how quickly it disappeared without a trace. Sniffing the air, he searched all around the immediate area and found a new scent by a tree, it was a good hiding place to watch him and his father and not be seen.

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.