Blood Fang - Cover

Blood Fang

Copyright© 2008 by David Caspian

Chapter 2

As they neared the pack Paul was the first to notice it. Immediately he stopped feeling them in the very air. He sensed a dozen separate individuals and he did not need to be told they were lycanthropes.

Wounded Leg was a normal wolf but the others were so much more. There was both a human and wolf presence in each of them.

Right now the human presence was but a whisper but it was there and he could feel it. Like an overlay the wolf covered over the human one, until someone could barely see it.

Closing his eyes Paul reached out to them and all their minds immediately turned to him. Their voices filled his mind. Each greeted them and Paul saw their human faces and heard their human names.

'I'm Paul." He said projecting his mind to keep up the contact.

One voice came forward saying, "Leave now!"

The command burst into Paul's mind but it did not break his concentration and it had no sting.

"I will leave when I am good and ready. Who are you to show such rudeness?" Paul thought not liking his voice.

It's human name was Luke but the voice said, "I am the Alpha of my pack, and you are trespassing. Your companion I will allow in our territory, but you must leave."

Paul was not thinking clearly. All he heard was the challenge and in response he was filled with aggression. He had done nothing wrong so why should he be treated like an outlaw?

What he should have wondered was the why. Not only was Paul an Alpha but he was a strange werewolf entering another Alpha's territory.

A normal wolf wasn't a threat but Paul was. Luke was treating Paul accordingly. The only trouble was while Paul had an excuse, Luke should have known better.

Paul sensed his approach and snarled at the sight of him.

The two moved forth to meet each, circling as they bared their teeth. Wounded Leg could only watch as the two Alphas prepared to do battle.

Once battle was engaged, there would be only one winner. In a burst of speed Luke charged forward and the battle was joined.

While Luke leapt high Paul went low. Luke's jaws snapped shut, biting only into air as Paul was too quick for him.

Unfortunately for Luke, Paul did find his target: Luke's right leg. Biting down Paul heard Luke howl in pain.

With the taste of blood hitting his tongue, Paul was consumed by a blood lust. Letting go of the wounded leg Paul went for Luke's exposed throat.

The third wolf could only watch as Paul's teeth sunk in and he brought Luke to the ground. Luke pressed his paws desperately against Paul trying to free himself but Paul slowly choked the life out of him.

With a twisting jerk of his head Paul ripped Luke's throat out, and blood covered his fangs. Luke's body spasmed as he lived out his last moments, and his eyes became jaded.

Standing over the dead Alpha Paul howled in triumph. The battle had been quick and bloody showing Paul's skill in combat.

This was how the rest of the pack found them. Showing submission at his feet they paid homage to their leader, and Paul could hear each voice as they spoke in unison. They filled Paul's mind like a flood.

"The old is dead. A new Alpha rises. He will lead the pack and we will follow.

To him we pledge our obedience. We are the pack, and you are our protector.

Your voice will be Pack Law and you will be the enforcer. In times of war and peace your abilities will carry us through and you will speak from us.

Without an Alpha we are lost. We now seek your guidance. This is the Law of the Alpha." They said and Paul could feel all eyes on him and could feel their strength.

He saw through their eyes and felt their fears. Paul now understood what he had taken from them and guilt washed over him.

"Without an Alpha we are lost." These words went through his mind as he looked on each of them.

Looking deep within himself Paul found the words he needed to say, "I am your Alpha and I will keep you safe."

The source of this story is Storiesonline

To read the complete story you need to be logged in:
Log In or
Register for a Free account (Why register?)

Get No-Registration Temporary Access*

* Allows you 3 stories to read in 24 hours.

Close
 

WARNING! ADULT CONTENT...

Storiesonline is for adult entertainment only. By accessing this site you declare that you are of legal age and that you agree with our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy.